Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #31
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 1937
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

I don't know about a Froch vs Bute parallel,

But there is a stylistic possibility that Chisora may have something Haye hasn't seen since Fragomeni.

Haye had a lot of trouble with a come forward, non stop but very limited in terms of skill opponent in Fragomeni. Even Mormeck who was getting on in years dropped Haye and was giving him trouble when he pressed on.

Haye hasn't fought a come forward fighter at heavyweight, Ruiz is probably the closest to that and he was almost 40 years old.

Haye is better than Chisora, no doubt. But if I had to fight Haye, I would want elements of Chisora's style.
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #32
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,315
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation View Post
I don't know about a Froch vs Bute parallel,

But there is a stylistic possibility that Chisora may have something Haye hasn't seen since Fragomeni.

Haye had a lot of trouble with a come forward, non stop but very limited in terms of skill opponent in Fragomeni. Even Mormeck who was getting on in years dropped Haye and was giving him trouble when he pressed on.

Haye hasn't fought a come forward fighter at heavyweight, Ruiz is probably the closest to that and he was almost 40 years old.

Haye is better than Chisora, no doubt. But if I had to fight Haye, I would want elements of Chisora's style.
Fragomeni looks like SRL compared to Chisora. Fragomeni has a very good amateur pedigree and has decent footwork and knows how to cut down the ring. Chisora just doesn't. Chisora comes forward... literally.... no lateral movement, looks like he's stuck in quick sand.

Mormeck was a big punching CW who had beaten the unified CW champ earlier that year.

Even that version of Ruiz had quicker feet, hands and better use of the jab than Chisora. Ruiz was also being billed as a tough chinned HW before that fight and look how that one turned out
suckeggs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #33
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 1937
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post
Fragomeni looks like SRL compared to Chisora. Fragomeni has a very good amateur pedigree and has decent footwork and knows how to cut down the ring. Chisora just doesn't. Chisora comes forward... literally.... no lateral movement, looks like he's stuck in quick sand.

Mormeck was a big punching CW who had beaten the unified CW champ earlier that year.

Even that version of Ruiz had quicker feet, hands and better use of the jab than Chisora. Ruiz was also being billed as a tough chinned HW before that fight and look how that one turned out
I don't think there is much of a difference between Chisora and Fragomeni in terms of skills from what I've seen.
But Chisora is certainly heavier and younger.
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #34
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 1038
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post
Fragomeni looks like SRL compared to Chisora. Fragomeni has a very good amateur pedigree and has decent footwork and knows how to cut down the ring. Chisora just doesn't. Chisora comes forward... literally.... no lateral movement, looks like he's stuck in quick sand.

Mormeck was a big punching CW who had beaten the unified CW champ earlier that year and was 35 not 40.

Even that version of Ruiz had quicker feet, hands and better use of the jab than Chisora. Ruiz was also being billed as a tough chinned HW before that fight and look how that one turned out
Ruiz was never that tough. He got his glass jaw shattered against Tua in one round. He only benefited from not being brutally stopped further because he would hold and foul when he was hurt. Stinking up every title fight he ever had, that's why he was called huggy bear. Haye beat a shot to shit version who's luck had just ran out.
chico g is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #35
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico g View Post
Ruiz was never that tough. He got his glass jaw shattered against Tua in one round. He only benefited from not being brutally stopped further because he would hold and foul when he was hurt. Stinking up every title fight he ever had, that's why he was called huggy bear. Haye beat a shot to shit version who's luck had just ran out.


This is priceless.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #36
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation View Post
I don't think there is much of a difference between Chisora and Fragomeni in terms of skills from what I've seen.
But Chisora is certainly heavier and younger.
This is also hilarious. Have you ever watched both men fight?
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #37
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,315
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation View Post
I don't think there is much of a difference between Chisora and Fragomeni in terms of skills from what I've seen.
But Chisora is certainly heavier and younger.
... Chisora is a wild clubber that has no jab at all... in fact does none of the fundamentals of boxing well.... Fragomeni is a pressure fighter predominantly but does have boxing skills to go with it as well as decent footwork which is essential to be able to keep up with Haye and not be turned inside out all night.

Weight and age means **** all if you're slower with less boxing ability and not a big puncher
suckeggs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #38
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,315
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico g View Post
Ruiz was never that tough. He got his glass jaw shattered against Tua in one round. He only benefited from not being brutally stopped further because he would hold and foul when he was hurt. Stinking up every title fight he ever had, that's why he was called huggy bear. Haye beat a shot to shit version who's luck had just ran out.
Oh yeah... down once in 19 years against that powder puff puncher David Tua

I love how the Hayeters always make the Ruiz was shot statement as if fact. Where is your evidence that he was shot? Had he visibly slowed down? was his visibly punch drunk? were his legs gone? See now in my humble opinion Ruiz had aged but by no means shot. His legs were moving just fine, his hands were as quick as they had ever been and in fact was attempting to box a lot more than he had in years and had taken plenty of flush shots that would have stopped many of other HW's so... where is your proof he was shot? Ruiz that night had faster hands and feet to anything i have ever seen from Chisora
suckeggs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #39
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 1038
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post
... Chisora is a wild clubber that has no jab at all... in fact does none of the fundamentals of boxing well.... Fragomeni is a pressure fighter predominantly but does have boxing skills to go with it as well as decent footwork which is essential to be able to keep up with Haye and not be turned inside out all night.

Weight and age means **** all if you're slower with less boxing ability and not a big puncher
Being a big puncher isn't exactly a asset you need to beat Haye. Mormek had him wobbling like a baby giraffe. And when Jean moved to heavyweight, his punching power was **** all. Didn't Barret knock Haye down too?
chico g is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #40
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,876
vCash: 500
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

No is the answer to this article!
rampant is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #41
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,315
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico g View Post
Being a big puncher isn't exactly a asset you need to beat Haye. Mormek had him wobbling like a baby giraffe. And when Jean moved to heavyweight, his punching power was **** all. Didn't Barret knock Haye down too?
Scarecrow having a wank.... clutching at straws.

The fact Wlad landed some real meaty right hands on Haye and is meant to be the biggest puncher in world boxing... i think Del Boy may need a bit more than those slow ass single hooks to stop him.

Haye clearly had a wobbly chin at CW which may be down to weight draining. Amir Khunt has looked to have a much sturdier chin since moving up in weight too.

Barrett caught Haye with a cuff round the back of the head when he was off balance, stood square on after over reaching with a right hook... if you would class that as a legitimate knock down that says anything about Hayes chin then you either haven't seen it or know **** all. Even after Haye slipped back on his bum and Barrett landed his biggest punch of the fight while Haye was sat on the floor, Haye got up within a count of 3, once the ref restarted the fight Haye ended it within 10 seconds with his next 3 punches... so clearly not hurt and i would say Barrett hits just as hard as Chisora.
suckeggs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #42
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post
Scarecrow having a wank.... clutching at straws.

The fact Wlad landed some real meaty right hands on Haye and is meant to be the biggest puncher in world boxing... i think Del Boy may need a bit more than those slow ass single hooks to stop him.

Haye clearly had a wobbly chin at CW which may be down to weight draining. Amir Khunt has looked to have a much sturdier chin since moving up in weight too.

Barrett caught Haye with a cuff round the back of the head when he was off balance, stood square on after over reaching with a right hook... if you would class that as a legitimate knock down that says anything about Hayes chin then you either haven't seen it or know **** all. Even after Haye slipped back on his bum and Barrett landed his biggest punch of the fight while Haye was sat on the floor, Haye got up within a count of 3, once the ref restarted the fight Haye ended it within 10 seconds with his next 3 punches... so clearly not hurt and i would say Barrett hits just as hard as Chisora.
Barrett hits harder and, even at that stage, was a better fighter than Chisora is now.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #43
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 1937
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post
... Chisora is a wild clubber that has no jab at all... in fact does none of the fundamentals of boxing well.... Fragomeni is a pressure fighter predominantly but does have boxing skills to go with it as well as decent footwork which is essential to be able to keep up with Haye and not be turned inside out all night.

Weight and age means **** all if you're slower with less boxing ability and not a big puncher
I agree with Chisora, I just don't see the skills that you say Fragomeni has.
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #44
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico g View Post
Yeah just like Haye's excellent foot work. And he got schooled because Wlad kept him at the end of his jabs. Because his height and reach completely neutralized Haye and his speed.
Who mentioned Haye you slack cunt....you really have no clue, have you?
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #45
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 1038
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post
Scarecrow having a wank.... clutching at straws.

The fact Wlad landed some real meaty right hands on Haye and is meant to be the biggest puncher in world boxing... i think Del Boy may need a bit more than those slow ass single hooks to stop him.

Haye clearly had a wobbly chin at CW which may be down to weight draining. Amir Khunt has looked to have a much sturdier chin since moving up in weight too.

Barrett caught Haye with a cuff round the back of the head when he was off balance, stood square on after over reaching with a right hook... if you would class that as a legitimate knock down that says anything about Hayes chin then you either haven't seen it or know **** all. Even after Haye slipped back on his bum and Barrett landed his biggest punch of the fight while Haye was sat on the floor, Haye got up within a count of 3, once the ref restarted the fight Haye ended it within 10 seconds with his next 3 punches... so clearly not hurt and i would say Barrett hits just as hard as Chisora.
Didn't Solis stop Haye as well? That nice cushy padded olympic headgear Dave wore wasn't exactly enough to protect his dodgy whiskers. Maybe he should have used stronger a stronger gum shield for his chin.
chico g is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013