Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
BUSTER
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default the future of british boxing?

with all the contoversy surrounding ***** at the moment and few fighters wanting out degale bellew and fighters in the past khan calzaghe hatton all leaving him on bad terms and ending up in court, why would any young up and coming boxer want to sign with him, also boxers like clev and mitchell being left to rot on the self fighting second rate boxers.

matchrooms eddie hean has signed 3 promising lads from the gb podium squad he has the likes of froch. brook and barker already estabished and has a good relationship with mcraken who trains the gb lads i think he will go on a big shopping spree after the games for more young talent.

also with sky it gives a chance to show ur skills infront of a bigger audience rather than boxnation and will be able to gain a bigger following.

i think matchroom will take over british boxing and get it back were it used to be as ***** left to many to box 30 odd second rate opponents and go to waste.

cant wait for the next 5-10 years see matchroom take off, he cares for his boxers and is passionate about the sport unlike ***** who is just a money man
BUSTER is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
Decy
Barely Coherent
ESB Addict

Default Re: the future of british boxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTER View Post
with all the contoversy surrounding ***** at the moment and few fighters wanting out degale bellew and fighters in the past khan calzaghe hatton all leaving him on bad terms and ending up in court, why would any young up and coming boxer want to sign with him, also boxers like clev and mitchell being left to rot on the self fighting second rate boxers.

matchrooms eddie hean has signed 3 promising lads from the gb podium squad he has the likes of froch. brook and barker already estabished and has a good relationship with mcraken who trains the gb lads i think he will go on a big shopping spree after the games for more young talent.

also with sky it gives a chance to show ur skills infront of a bigger audience rather than boxnation and will be able to gain a bigger following.

i think matchroom will take over british boxing and get it back were it used to be as ***** left to many to box 30 odd second rate opponents and go to waste.

cant wait for the next 5-10 years see matchroom take off, he cares for his boxers and is passionate about the sport unlike ***** who is just a money man
To be honest Eddie I expected far better spelling and grammar from you.
Decy is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Reported.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #4
Klitman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Eddie says and appears to do all the right things and he has a great platform in sky. BUT when froch retires in say 2 years, there is only really brook who could possibly win a world title IMO - and i emphasise COULD. Barker, rees, purdy whilst great fighters in there own right are IMO never going to set the world allight. I know he has a few youngsters on board but its only potential at this stage.

IMO the other channel (whilst not having the best match ups) has the best stable and unless people jump ship, will have the best stable for the next 5 years (taking potential into accont BJS, Gavin etc)
Klitman is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
RF22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klitman View Post
Eddie says and appears to do all the right things and he has a great platform in sky. BUT when froch retires in say 2 years, there is only really brook who could possibly win a world title IMO. Barker, rees, purdy whilst great fighters in there own right are IMO never going to set the world allight. I know he has a few youngers on board but its only potential at this stage.

I
But when other fighters start leaving his rival promoter which they will he will have a full stable today and the future
RF22 is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
BUSTER
Contender
ESB Senior Member

reported for what?

and by time frotch retires kell brook will be a bigger name the young lads will be making a name for themselves and who knows who else he will sign degale? bellew? mitchell?

also think few olympic lads will go his way
BUSTER is online now  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
Klitman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF22 View Post
But when other fighters start leaving his rival promoter which they will he will have a full stable today and the future
This jumping ship is pure speculation. My comment was based on fact.

IF a lot of fighters DID jump ship then I would review my comment and agree with what you are saying
Klitman is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #8
skimarqueshc

Seems a lack of money is a problem with only Matchroom doing well.

How many world class fighters do we have, I'd say Khan, Froch

For the future, maybe Brook, DeGale (debatable), Hattons have no world class fighters, very poor standard to me
skimarqueshc is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #9
RF22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klitman View Post
This jumping ship is pure speculation. My comment was based on fact.

IF a lot of fighters DID jump ship then I would review my comment and agree with what you are saying
See you here soon
RF22 is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #10
Klitman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF22 View Post
See you here soon

Klitman is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #11
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I agree, VVarren is on the way down, thinks he is bigger and better than British Boxing, he isnt and Im hoping he's going to learn that lesson soon.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

***** gets a lot of stick on here & Eddie Hearn is the flavour of the month.

I'll be more impressed with matchroom after they've taken a novice pro & guided him to a world title, like ***** has done countless times.

Competition between promoters can only be good for the sport. The biggest problem I can see in the future is disputes between rival channels (Sky,BN & C5) mean a lot of potentially good domestic fights never happen.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #13
skimarqueshc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post

Competition between promoters can only be good for the sport. The biggest problem I can see in the future is disputes between rival channels (Sky,BN & C5) mean a lot of potentially good domestic fights never happen.
Biggest problem I see

Big British fights not happening then British fighters getting WT fights and getting smashed
skimarqueshc is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #14
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
The biggest problem I can see in the future is disputes between rival channels (Sky,BN & C5) mean a lot of potentially good domestic fights never happen.
This is bound to happen and it will be a crying shame....the best should fight the best for honours but its just not going to happen because of TV deals
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
This is bound to happen and it will be a crying shame....the best should fight the best for honours but its just not going to happen because of TV deals
It wasnt really happening before then! thats what kicked it all off! VVarren through his dummy out!
rampant is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum