Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: ???
Manny Pacquiao 234 81.53%
Floyd Mayweather Jr. 53 18.47%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #31
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
Puga..

Are you part of Manny's entourage or what the ****? All day, every day. Give it a ****ing rest. There are other boxers on the planet besides Pacquiao and Mayweather.
care to answer the question instead of your usual whining?
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #32
DogTheBountyMan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan/NJ
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 2634
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

really expected more domination over oscar from floyd.
Cotto, Cstillo landed easily and often. he is not near what the hype warranted.
4/5 TIMES PAC perfrormed heaps better vs common
DogTheBountyMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #33
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
care to answer the question instead of your usual whining?

Why? This shit has been covered here a million and one times. Why not just use the search function and get your answer from the hundreds of similar threads. You guys are ****ing slaves to this tit for tat shit now, you realise that? Incapable of talking about anything else.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #34
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 937
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Comming out of the Olympics Mayweather was expected to be great. Sometimes boxers with great amature careers who are expected to be great fall short of that greatness. Even if they become champions like Mark Breland or have solid careers like Howard Davis. For Mayweather it was be great or be seen as a failure. For Mayweather the expectations were extremaly high. He has excedded them.

Pacquiao on the other hand is a product of a fan frendly style and good marketing.
ripcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #35
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
Manny Pacquiao is an underachiever. Even if you thought he was going to beat Oscar de la Hoya in 2008, nobody would have expected he would then beat Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Hatton, etc.

Floyd Mayweather is a great fighter, but you could probably say he achieved less than many expected.
you actually meant overachiever here?

would you say that with floyd's talent and skills, that he should have achieved more?
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #36
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
Why? This shit has been covered here a million and one times. Why not just use the search function and get your answer from the hundreds of similar threads. You guys are ****ing slaves to this tit for tat shit now, you realise that? Incapable of talking about anything else.
give me an exactly same ESB thread that covers this topic and i would apologize to you.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #37
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
give me an exactly same ESB thread that covers this topic and i would apologize to you.

I said similar. Have a look yourself, you'll find several very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana
would you say that with floyd's talent and skills, that he should have achieved more?
We all know that's what you're getting at with this thread. It's old, so ****in' old.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #38
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
I said similar. Have a look yourself, you'll find several very similar.



We all know that's what you're getting at with this thread. It's old, so ****in' old.
i know there was none. if there was, i would just bump it. if there was one that i missed, then please link it for me. otherwise, stop your usual whining.

again instead of whining, just contribute to the thread. if floyd exceeded your expectations more, feel free to share your story. no need to feel butthurt by other's response.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #39
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: INGLEWOOD CA
Posts: 11,425
vCash: 740
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

This guy here. Has beat everyone he's ever faced, except Mayweather.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Not incredibly fast.
Not incredibly powerful.
No incredible reflexes.
No incredible chin.
Not incredbly big.
Not a young lion, but an old wise lion.

But a legend.
IsaL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #40
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaL View Post
This guy here. Has beat everyone he's ever faced, except Mayweather.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Not incredibly fast.
Not incredibly powerful.
No incredible reflexes.
No incredible chin.
Not incredbly big.
Not a young lion, but an old wise lion.

But a legend.


First decent post in this thread.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #41
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
i know there was none. if there was, i would just bump it. if there was one that i missed, then please link it for me. otherwise, stop your usual whining.

again instead of whining, just contribute to the thread. if floyd exceeded your expectations more, feel free to share your story. no need to feel butthurt by other's response.

LOL@ You, of all people, talking about butthurt.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #42
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,666
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
so a noob flomo suggested that pac should have fought williams at WW instead of oscar back then and you are riding that bandwagon?

i already proven you guys that williams has already fought as a MW when pac first fought as a WW. also after oscar, pac fought the other relevant WWs at the time while williams stayed at the higher weight and floyd fought marquez.

so you guys are saying that pac should have fought williams instead of oscar at 147 then? are you saying that pac should have fought williams instead of hatton and williams instead of cotto?
Nope I'm not saying that, I'm playing devils advocate here. People like to say floyd is always afraid to fight the best and pac fights the best and gives us the fights the fans want. This is ****ing absurd.

Nobody wanting the David Diaz fight, nobody wanted the clottey fight, nobody wanted the margarito fight and nobody wanted the shane shot to shit mosley fight.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #43
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northeastern United States
Posts: 8,996
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
LOL@ You, of all people, talking about butthurt.
I don't think I've ever heard one person in real life say "butthurt". It must be some flip-inspired, internet vernacular.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #44
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Nope I'm not saying that, I'm playing devils advocate here. People like to say floyd is always afraid to fight the best and pac fights the best and gives us the fights the fans want. This is ****ing absurd.

Nobody wanting the David Diaz fight, nobody wanted the clottey fight, nobody wanted the margarito fight and nobody wanted the shane shot to shit mosley fight.
this thread is not about this. it is about expectations and what they achieved. who has done more with their talent and skills. which fighter has proven us wrong more.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #45
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Pacquiao or Mayweather...who exceeded our expectations more?

Pac is by far less talented
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013