Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #211
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
I honestly don't understand your intentions with this post. I think you're trying to support HNN and his actions but you end up exposing him even more.

HNN can't wait because he has the stadium booked in Guinea

- HNN is a challenger so he doesn't dictate location

- HNN was forced to go after another opponent because the arena in Guinea was booked.....yet he fought in France

- He couldn't wait....yet Pirog fought his replacement Ishida 3 days before HNN fought Bursak

Thanks for reinforcing my points on HNN having ducked Pirog.
I'm surprised you read it that way, as it's written up it's the most farcical title maneuvering you'll ever see. I think my putting "injured" in quotes threw you off. He may or may not have been injured, I get the impression he had no interest in fighting in Equatorial Guinea. For good reasons:

1. he's the champ, HNN not even mandatory with wbo. If he wants a fight, go to Russia or put together a sweet package for France
2. it was a bogus offer, as you'd suspect, and as it turned out
3. Equatorial Guinea, really?
lester proctor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #212
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
I'm surprised you read it that way, as it's written up it's the most farcical title maneuvering you'll ever see. I think my putting "injured" in quotes threw you off. He may or may not have been injured, I get the impression he had no interest in fighting in Equatorial Guinea. For good reasons:

1. he's the champ, HNN not even mandatory with wbo. If he wants a fight, go to Russia or put together a sweet package for France
2. it was a bogus offer, as you'd suspect, and as it turned out
3. Equatorial Guinea, really?
lol actually ya it was the "injured" part that gave me that impression. These orgs in the last 3 years or so with interm's, super champs, silver belts have taken their raping of the integrity of the sport to a whole new level. It really is about protecting money makers pure and simple.

Guys like Chavez or Sturm who have a good fan base and bring in tv viewers are allowed to duck compitition, avoid mandatories or given undeserved title shots like HNN. Its even worse when they're willing to **** up a Unification like Pirog Geale which would actually be good for the sport in the process,
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #213
edouardleniqueu
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
-Pirog's mandatory is due June 25th

-Pirog and N'jikam in talks for a fight April 6th although nothing signed when Pirog injures his left shoulder.

-Pirog wants to hold the fight May 1st instead which is less than a month later and almost 2 months before his mandatory is due.

- Out of nowhere N'jikam signs to fight Maksym Bursak. It's obvious that they must have secretly been in talks the entire time since no one puts together a fight in 2 or 3 days.

- WBO says N'jikam-Bursak to be for the WBO interm belt. A Interm belt is supposed to be issued when a Champion is unable to fulfill their mandatory obligation due to injury. Pirog's May 1st fight proposal would have fulfilled that obligation two months early.

- Ni'jikam fought Bursak May 4th, Pirog fought replacement Ishida May 1st on the date he had wanted to fight N'jikam originally. It had nothing to do with N'jikam not wanting to wait the 3 additional weeks after Pirog injured his shoulder as he acutally fought after the May 1st date Pirog wanted.

- WBO says that the winner will be Pirog's mandatory and that he must face them within 120 days which would be in September. This is what runied his Unification with Geale in spite of the fact that Unifications are supposed to superceed mandatories. Even more absurd when you consider how Pirog was willing to face his mandatory but N'jikam ducked the fight.

So if Pirog vs Golovkin happens Aug 25 then Pirog will probably be stripped and the WBO belt handed to N'jikam and his dream of getting a belt for doing absolutely nothing after ducking everybody will come true. He is a utter ****ing disgrace to the sport.
excellent post
edouardleniqueu is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #214
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 46300

Bursak was a solid, dominant, non-controversial victory over a serious opponent (finally)...

(though he was a tiny bit rattled at the end of the ninth)

He needs to follow up on that, and quickly. No stepping backward. No long layoffs. Strike while the iron is as hot as it may ever be again.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #215
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

N'Jikam has the remarkable ability to not only dodge both Golovkin and Pirog, but let them bash up each other and take one of their belts in the process. Kinda leaves me a little sick to my stomach. Maybe Korobov can come out of his hiatus and suprise HNN.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #216
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

^^^
HNDNJ = slick, elusive and black
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #217
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 46300

It has been eleven months since the loss to Quillin.

A year of inactivity causes automatic drop-out from the org rankings, I believe. (or is that just the standard practice for unofficial rankings like Boxrec/The Ring etc.?)

What is the hold up?

N'Dam N'Jikam did OK in that loss and got himself some American exposure. He should have booked another date by now.

There was talk recently of Oscar De La Hoya seeking him as Golovkin's next defense, and it would have been nice for them to finally meet up, but of course now we know it will be Stevens.

So...? What's up? Is he retiring? I would think he at least would take a stay-busy tuneup back home in France or something.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #218
Cletis VanDamme
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 928

I read a recent interview where he said he wants to get back in the ring soon and that he'll be back by January. He's determined to fight his way to a title fight.
Cletis VanDamme is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #219
lencoreastside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis VanDamme View Post
I read a recent interview where he said he wants to get back in the ring soon and that he'll be back by January. He's determined to fight his way to a title fight.
I would really love to hear an explanation for his disappearance. Baffling!
lencoreastside is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #220
Cletis VanDamme
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencoreastside View Post
I would really love to hear an explanation for his disappearance. Baffling!

He doesn't have a promoter anymore, he tried to have a rematch with Quillin and there were lawyers involved regarding contract issues ...
Cletis VanDamme is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #221
Aquamarine
Champion
East Side Guru

Bummy Lorenzo & Khurtside both dropped him. He's B- level at best.
Aquamarine is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #222
lencoreastside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis VanDamme View Post
He doesn't have a promoter anymore, he tried to have a rematch with Quillin and there were lawyers involved regarding contract issues ...
Thanks CVD...but does that explain his complete disappearance? I mean could he fight someone else besides Quillin? you know stay busy, stay in the public eye.......strange!
He had a chance to strike while the iron was hot and really push ahead to get a mainstream profile arising from the Quillin fight and .......nothing!
Very strange.
lencoreastside is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum