Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #7486
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
I thought the halves and the backs for Souths during the game were pretty good. I will say the forwards looked out on there feet. Taylor was good but everyone else was average.

Bulldogs kept running out of there own 20 and they were gaining decent meters Pecks. I remember seeing Barba tackled on the 1 meter line twice next thing Bulldogs forwards had them back at the half way line on the 4th tackle.

I feel it was lost there not enough pressure in there own half.
i see it a bit different mate. We just couldnt handle the ball in the 2nd half when conditions worsened amd enabled the Bulldogs to grab the game.

I laugh how people are saying that Barba outplayed GI. Hasler was able to restrain GI a bit, but he still made a lot of tackle breaks and made something like 150 meters compared to barba's 70.

It was a good game though, and I'm happy with the quality of footy we showed we can play.
pecks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #7487
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
How many times has a Wayne Bennett coached team not made the semi finals?
3-4 times I'm lead to believe. In 30 years.

Tarnishes his reign abit by not having a team full of great players... Bet he wishes he went to Cronulla after all.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #7488
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
3-4 times I'm lead to believe. In 30 years.

Tarnishes his reign abit by not having a team full of great players... Bet he wishes he went to Cronulla after all.
Serves the money hungry cunt right.
The season is already over for the Knights and Bennett has already showed his panic hand. A gross failure this season without a doubt, and if Bennett gets sacked (he wont) it would be deserving as he is being paid a motza.

I used to like Bennett as he had values and seemed a nice guy who failed to let the media get to him. But nowdays he's a coachinbg whore flirting his maroon skirt to whoever pays him the most, and like you, I'm also glad he's failing which is a shame because I dont mind the Knights.

Noone could say how he would of went if he went with Souths, but if Souths were under performing as much as the Knights are, could you imagine the LOL@Souffs comments on here.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #7489
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Serves the money hungry cunt right.
The season is already over for the Knights and Bennett has already showed his panic hand. A gross failure this season without a doubt, and if Bennett gets sacked (he wont) it would be deserving as he is being paid a motza.

I used to like Bennett as he had values and seemed a nice guy who failed to let the media get to him. But nowdays he's a coachinbg whore flirting his maroon skirt to whoever pays him the most, and like you, I'm also glad he's failing which is a shame because I dont mind the Knights.

Noone could say how he would of went if he went with Souths, but if Souths were under performing as much as the Knights are, could you imagine the LOL@Souffs comments on here.
Mate it would be horrendously slanderous to say the least.

I'm glad he is struggling, not so much the Knights, cos the Knights have had some great performances... Strange though that their best player ATM only joined from the Superleague for biscuits...

Bennett is showing his colours as a Coach by having a shit team and not being able to work around it... Which makes you question his dominance with the Broncos, the Dragons and of course QLD... All of which had stellar players in their twilights and all seemed to have his "style" of play, being boring games with solid defence and constant pressure in attack. Now with average players he has fielded a ****ing average team at best all season.

Gidley to be put back in fullback would be a great idea. I hate Boyd and hope he gets an ACL injury to stop his wank bag persona from invading my TV screen all the time..
Old 06-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #7490
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Dont worry cunt, the LOL@5(c)uFF$ comments will be back by the end of the year.

I dont think the Knights are underperforming at all. They have terrible halves and most of their forwards would struggle to crack other squads. I dont care how well last yrs coach got them going but the Knights are positioned appropriately on the ladder right now.
teke is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #7491
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
willie mason is the suprise for me at the knights, he is on a less than quater of what snowden is earning and out playing him, he's been one of knights best in last 2 games
i said when he got signed hed turn out to be one of the buys of the year.
he gets a heap of criticism but theres a very very good footballer in willie mason. even more so when hes got something to prove
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #7492
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
he gets a heap of criticism but theres a very very good footballer in willie mason. even more so when hes got something to prove
Let's be honest, he deserved that criticism. He never played anywhere near as good as he did when he was at the Bulldogs. And only now he's starting to play with the heart he used to.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #7493
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
He's a shadow of the player he once was. Today he was actually very busy, but for most games I've seen him this year he has gone missing and offering very little go forward. Today he was pretty good though.

Inu is quickly turning out to be the buy of the season IMO.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #7494
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Dont worry cunt, the LOL@5(c)uFF$ comments will be back by the end of the year.

I dont think the Knights are underperforming at all. They have terrible halves and most of their forwards would struggle to crack other squads. I dont care how well last yrs coach got them going but the Knights are positioned appropriately on the ladder right now.
It will, but it wont be until the finals.

Get ****ed teke. The Knights were tipped to be premiership contenders by many and some even tipping them to win it. It's been nothing but a gross disappointment for them. They made the finals last season and pushed the Storm in Melbourne to the limit, and their squad has got much stronger yet they're playing like like bums.
Mullen has played SOO and is very good. Snowden had a great season last year but has been playing like a toilet this season. Bennett has a knack of getting that extra 5% out of players but seems as clueless as a prop with ball in hand on the 5th tackle this season.

The Knights havent been a very bad side for a while. Made the finals last season, average the season before that, then made the finals again the season before that. Not too dissimilar results to when he took over the Dragons, although the Dragons were seen as underachievers who did have a better roster.

Suck shit to the Freddy Krueger lookalike cunt.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #7495
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Let's be honest, he deserved that criticism. He never played anywhere near as good as he did when he was at the Bulldogs. And only now he's starting to play with the heart he used to.
He may have more heart now, I still reckon the jury is out on him as he's only really put in one good game from what I've seen. But he will be miles off from where he used to be. He used to be similar to Dave Taylor like, and was a wrecking ball with ball in hand. Always bent the line back and always made the D work their arse off running back. Had more mongrel in him and generally liked to hate the opposition.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #7496
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
It will, but it wont be until the finals.

Get ****ed teke. The Knights were tipped to be premiership contenders by many and some even tipping them to win it. It's been nothing but a gross disappointment for them. They made the finals last season and pushed the Storm in Melbourne to the limit, and their squad has got much stronger yet they're playing like like bums.
Mullen has played SOO and is very good. Snowden had a great season last year but has been playing like a toilet this season. Bennett has a knack of getting that extra 5% out of players but seems as clueless as a prop with ball in hand on the 5th tackle this season.

The Knights havent been a very bad side for a while. Made the finals last season, average the season before that, then made the finals again the season before that. Not too dissimilar results to when he took over the Dragons, although the Dragons were seen as underachievers who did have a better roster.

Suck shit to the Freddy Krueger lookalike cunt.
You can tell the story anyway you want but the current Knights squad wont be doing anything this year. I tipped them to go better this year but with Gids gone, the retirement of Uates try deliverer McDougall and various other injuries = ordinary. Maybe they need the drugs back in the club?

Who is the Freddy Krueger lookalike cunt?
teke is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #7497
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
You can tell the story anyway you want but the current Knights squad wont be doing anything this year. I tipped them to go better this year but with Gids gone, the retirement of Uates try deliverer McDougall and various other injuries = ordinary. Maybe they need the drugs back in the club?

Who is the Freddy Krueger lookalike cunt?
They were playing shit well before Gidley got injured.
Bennett starting to look like Freddy Kruegger, only more scary.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #7498
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
They were playing shit well before Gidley got injured.
Bennett starting to look like Freddy Kruegger, only more scary.
teke is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #7499
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

our u8s kids played the half time game between the broncs and knights at suncorp.

20mins before half time the QRL admin girl who was a petite 23yo,() coralled all the boys, coaches and managers together in the tunnel at one end of the ground.

she explained how the field was to be set out, which way we'd run, who kicks off etc.....

then she asked, 'boys what could you do at the end of the game to get everyone cheering to you?" after a short silence a boy piped up."wave at the crowd ms?" that right. good boy, we all wave to the crowd at the end of the game, then run off the field..."

she then asked, "what can we do for all the ladies in the crowd? all the mums? something they would like?" a short silence, then innocently a big chubby kid pipes up....."doggy style, miss..?"

all us adults were gobsmacked. the other coach covered his face. the kids giggled, but didnt know what he meant. the young lady never missed a beat. "no, thats not the answer im looking for..". i want you all to blow kisses...."

anyway, they all had a great time. and the broncs won.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #7500
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
i see it a bit different mate. We just couldnt handle the ball in the 2nd half when conditions worsened amd enabled the Bulldogs to grab the game.

I laugh how people are saying that Barba outplayed GI. Hasler was able to restrain GI a bit, but he still made a lot of tackle breaks and made something like 150 meters compared to barba's 70.

It was a good game though, and I'm happy with the quality of footy we showed we can play.
Plus i think people were quick to forget that if Barba didnt make the tackle of his lifetime Souths'would have won that game.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum