Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

 
  


View Poll Results: Wich fightstyle?
Haye will go Tyson on his ass! 4 9.52%
Haye will fight in spurts on the backfoot. 18 42.86%
Haye will hold his ground and dish it out. 2 4.76%
Haye will fight of the backfoot and potshot. 18 42.86%
Other style, please explain. 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A hollow vulcano lair!
Posts: 24,837
vCash: 5000
Default Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

In the buildup to Haye's previous fight 11 months ago there was a lot of speculation about his style he would use against Wlad at the time.
Mostly because a lot of his fans expected him to go all out from the first bell.
Now he's fighting a opponent who whe know is coming forward all the time and the question is how Haye will react to that.

Poll is up.
Robney is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
Decy
Barely Coherent
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Co Donegal
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

All depends on his big toe really.
Decy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:56 AM   #3
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

Explosive bursts while keeping his distance making Delboy plod around after him.

If it happans at all.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #4
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

Countering using foot movement on the back foot and showing different angles should be the key for him to have a relatively straight forward night. The 'go Tyson' or 'stand his ground and dsih it out' options are a bit soft really. When's Haye ever done that? He's not going to change now, especially for a fight with Chisora.

The thing is, although Del Boy's head movement when coming inside is pretty decent for a Heavyweight, his relative success in his last couple of fights vs. Helenius and Vitali has came against plodders whose movement is average at best. He hasn't had to thing much about cutting off the ring when his last 2 opponents have let him walk in in straight lines. With a decent enough guard and good head movement, he's been able to block punches and come back with shots of his own.

But Haye's a completely different challenge. He won't be the one looking to lead off like the taller Vitali & Helenius have attempted to do vs Chisora and we've seen how Chisora's punches are quite wide and leave him open when he's the one trying to get off first. That will give Haye plenty of chances to look for single counters or to set up combinations IMO, despite the Chisora defence, and that is where Haye's power really comes from as the speed of the punches his opponent can't see really takes its toll. If he evades enough of Del Boy's lead off shots to make this really efefctive over 12 rounds, I see Haye winning by stoppage.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Countering using foot movement on the back foot and showing different angles should be the key for him to have a relatively straight forward night. The 'go Tyson' or 'stand his ground and dsih it out' options are a bit soft really. When's Haye ever done that? He's not going to change now, especially for a fight with Chisora.

The thing is, although Del Boy's head movement when coming inside is pretty decent for a Heavyweight, his relative success in his last couple of fights vs. Helenius and Vitali has came against plodders whose movement is average at best. He hasn't had to thing much about cutting off the ring when his last 2 opponents have let him walk in in straight lines. With a decent enough guard and good head movement, he's been able to block punches and come back with shots of his own.

But Haye's a completely different challenge. He won't be the one looking to lead off like the taller Vitali & Helenius have attempted to do vs Chisora and we've seen how Chisora's punches are quite wide and leave him open when he's the one trying to get off first. That will give Haye plenty of chances to look for single counters or to set up combinations IMO, despite the Chisora defence, and that is where Haye's power really comes from as the speed of the punches his opponent can't see really takes its toll. If he evades enough of Del Boy's lead off shots to make this really efefctive over 12 rounds, I see Haye winning by stoppage.
Good post. Agree with this.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #6
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A hollow vulcano lair!
Posts: 24,837
vCash: 5000
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
The 'go Tyson' or 'stand his ground and dsih it out' options are a bit soft really. When's Haye ever done that? He's not going to change now, especially for a fight with Chisora.
Hey, I don't believe that for one second also, but if you check the polls from a year ago that is what some here expected against Wlad.
Robney is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #7
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
Hey, I don't believe that for one second also, but if you check the polls from a year ago that is what some here expected against Wlad.
To be honest, that's what I would've expected vs Wlad too, or maybe a slight variation on it. I really thought Haye would've realised that in order to win that fight, he'd have to mix it up and just couldn't win using the same Heavyweight tactics he'd adopted prior to the fight.

It just seems impossible to beat Wlad off the back foot at the moment, even more so for those who don't have the physical attributes to deal with it. Haye had to risk it and try to get close to really make a fight of it but in not doing so, he basically gave up any slight possibility he had of winning. Like so many of the Klitschko's recent opponents.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #8
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

Similar to the one he used against Ruiz.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cymru
Posts: 14,459
vCash: 172
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Countering using foot movement on the back foot and showing different angles should be the key for him to have a relatively straight forward night. The 'go Tyson' or 'stand his ground and dsih it out' options are a bit soft really. When's Haye ever done that? He's not going to change now, especially for a fight with Chisora.

The thing is, although Del Boy's head movement when coming inside is pretty decent for a Heavyweight, his relative success in his last couple of fights vs. Helenius and Vitali has came against plodders whose movement is average at best. He hasn't had to thing much about cutting off the ring when his last 2 opponents have let him walk in in straight lines. With a decent enough guard and good head movement, he's been able to block punches and come back with shots of his own.

But Haye's a completely different challenge. He won't be the one looking to lead off like the taller Vitali & Helenius have attempted to do vs Chisora and we've seen how Chisora's punches are quite wide and leave him open when he's the one trying to get off first. That will give Haye plenty of chances to look for single counters or to set up combinations IMO, despite the Chisora defence, and that is where Haye's power really comes from as the speed of the punches his opponent can't see really takes its toll. If he evades enough of Del Boy's lead off shots to make this really efefctive over 12 rounds, I see Haye winning by stoppage.
Fantastic post by a handsome mofo.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #10
Trickster
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stockport, UK
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Similar to the one he used against Ruiz.
Agree. I see Chisora having a bit more success than Ruiz because he is a lunatic but ultimately I don't think he's got enough power to force Haye into the cagey style he's tended to use at HW.
Trickster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #11
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Agree. I see Chisora having a bit more success than Ruiz because he is a lunatic but ultimately I don't think he's got enough power to force Haye into the cagey style he's tended to use at HW.
He's not got Ruiz's jab, so he'll have even less success.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #12
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
Fantastic post by a handsome mofo.


Show me dem balls bro.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #13
byron87
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North London.
Posts: 348
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

He will knock him out in the round which offers the best odds.
byron87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #14
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,790
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

A 6"7 Vitaili Kiltschko.....fought on the back foot, in spurts against Derek Chisora.

And so will David Haye, nobody has stood there ground totally with Chisora and beat him in this manner.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #15
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: @miguelredders
Posts: 4,716
vCash: 756
Default Re: Wich fightstyle will Haye use against Chisora?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013