Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default has froch ever cut the ring off as well or punched as quick as he did last night?

He's had the same trainer all his career and they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but carl definitely had a few new tricks last night.

Even against abraham he didn't look that sharp and quick.

Is it really just a case of working on his faults from the ward fight or is it that bute really is such a hype job?

Personally I think bute was well deserving of his number 2 spot with stoppage victories over andrade, miranda and magee as well as points victories over bika and johnson. I think he was a proven fighter but he was just a level behind.

Thoughts?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666
Default Re: has froch ever cut the ring off as well or punched as quick as he did last night?

He's said on twitter he reigned back the power for speed. Don't know how much of a difference it made, mind.

I don't think he cut the ring off that well, I think Bute just realised he wasn't getting success in the middle of the ring and backed off to try and walk Froch onto something but Froch was obviously too experienced to fall for it.
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: has froch ever cut the ring off as well or punched as quick as he did last night?

[quote=happydrinks;12956847]He's said on twitter he reigned back the power for speed. Don't know how much of a difference it made, mind.

I don't think he cut the ring off that well, I think Bute just realised he wasn't getting success in the middle of the ring and backed off to try and walk Froch onto something but Froch was obviously too experienced to fall for it.

Well in boxing terms when you use the brain the brawn will follow
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

I thought he was awesome at cutting the ring off!
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AsSzXq34ysg[/ame]
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
Wilson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
He's said on twitter he reigned back the power for speed. Don't know how much of a difference it made, mind.

If that's true then it worked very well. I suppose it isn't so great having loads of power if you're as slow as as a tortoise throwing it. He had more than enough power last weekend.
Wilson11 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 04:49 AM   #7
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

He didn't seem fast at first but in the second round both his speed of hand and foot looked career best to me.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #8
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson11 View Post
If that's true then it worked very well. I suppose it isn't so great having loads of power if you're as slow as as a tortoise throwing it. He had more than enough power last weekend.
I agree especially against a (supposed) slick puncher like Bute who can counter well.

In the short "Behind the Ropes" documentry before the fight you saw McCraken saying to him "you need to hit him with speed, if you load up it won't work with this guy" or some thing along those lines. So they'd clearly been working on his speed throughout the camp wary of Bute supposed slick counters.

Against Ward he tried to load up to much with power shots and it cost him, so they knew he need to focus and improve on speed, he's go plenty of natural power already.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Completely agree... I still don't think he can beat ward but he's certainly improved since that fight.
lufcrazy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum