Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 06-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #16
Diagoras
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: HA HA HA JIM Jeffries vs Joe louis 15 Rounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyweightCP View Post
You really think Ali hated white people go watch his life story.

Plus Ali was a Angry Person.

People hated him.
Ali hated not only white people but used racial politics & epithets against Joe Frazier, a fellow Black man who helped him when he lost his license. Frazier helped him financially & appealed numerous times to the authorities including President Nixon to reinstate Ali's license.

What's your excuse for Ali's behavior toward him after that?

I know more about his story than most people who only know the hagiography that the media puts out post Vietnam war.

By the way I do admire him for his stand against being drafted but none of that changes the facts about his racial politics not just against whites but against his own people.

What do you think he was doing when he was calling Joe Frazier a dumb gorilla & mocking his nose and facial features?

You don't think there were any racial undertones in that considering that Frazier appeared "more" Black?

Or how about when he labelled Frazier an "Uncle Tom" & the "White man's champ" saying that only other Uncle Tom Blacks would support Frazier?

Frazier's kids would be bullied in school constantly because many people bought into Ali's characterization of Frazier as an "Uncle Tom" & a fake champ.

Those 3 fights of theirs became personal thanks to Ali's relentless taunting & abuse of Frazier.

Had a man who wasn't Black said the things Ali said regarding Frazier you will be here crying "racist". Personally I don't have any such double standards.
Diagoras is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Jim was a 100% racist
Whats that got to do with anything?

A historian has to be blind to such moral judgments.

Even if a fighter was a racist you still have to atempt an objective analysis of their strengths and weakneses.
janitor is online now  Top
Old 06-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
junior-soprano
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Joe Louis would destroy him would almost break his neck with a punch.

He was a racist hater he was not in joes league.
hahaha some people on this board get dumber by the day.
question...
suppose he was a racist does tha tmake him a lesser boxer ??
i do not believe he was, like i said in an earlier thread he was a product of his times like we all are.
but answer my question please. if someone is a racist, a murderer hell even a child molester does that make them a lesser boxer ??
it makes them bad human beings real bad humans but it has nothing to do with their boxing abilities. or football or painting or what ever talent they posses.

so what has the racist part to do with the boxing part ??
junior-soprano is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #19
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

His attitude towards men of colour has nothing to do with his chances here does it ?

I think Louis gradually breaks him down behind that immaculate jab, and with his precise combo punching, but Jeffries may have some moments early on, if he can get that thudding left hook home. Buddy Baer ,and Galento dropped Joe with hooks, its not beyond belief that Jeffries might emulate them and, score a knockdown,imo.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
stonehammerjack
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
Jim Jeff would fare better with Louis than against a prime Ali...... Styles make fights..... Jeff could hang with Louis average foot speed, but would have issues with Louis' crsip combo punching...

Either way, the great Jimmy Jeff loses to both prime-time Louis and Ali in a time machine...

MR.BILL
Maybe not. Why does it have to be the more modern rules. Why not a 45 rd fight with Jeffries' era rules and not refs stopping fights. Then let's see these guys when they hit Jim and he keeps coming rd after rd and they get tired and he starts hitting them. In that era, those rules, I think Jeffries wins by KO. He wasn't considered the best by everyone for nothing.
stonehammerjack is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #21
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonehammerjack View Post
Maybe not. Why does it have to be the more modern rules. Why not a 45 rd fight with Jeffries' era rules and not refs stopping fights. Then let's see these guys when they hit Jim and he keeps coming rd after rd and they get tired and he starts hitting them. In that era, those rules, I think Jeffries wins by KO. He wasn't considered the best by everyone for nothing.
A 45rds fight would be fought at a much slower pace. Jeffries actually never went beyond 25 rds in a fight ,that was against Sharkey.I dont see a face first 5'8" brawler like Sharkey going 25 rds with Louis. Especially as Fitz destroyed him quickly twice.

Louis was scheduled to go 20rds with both Pastor and Simon , neither could make it to the finish. Jeffries could make things interesting for a while, maybe floor the Bomber, but once Louis got into his rythmn,, I see it becoming increasingly one way traffic, as the fight progresses ,and Jeffries starts to mark up and ship punishment.

No man who relied heavily on his ability to absorb punishment is going to shine against a precision banger like Louis,imo.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #22
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Joe Louis.

"Whatever he hits - he destroys!"
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #23
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Joe Louis.

"Whatever he hits - he destroys!"
Conventional wisdom says you have to be a Tunney, or a cool headed version of Conn to beat Louis,[which is really who the Marine was]. I think you have to get him before he gets you. For that reason I pick Dempsey to take out Louis quick, and give Tyson a chance, otherwise it is Ali who out points him.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #24
guilalah
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jeffries vs. Louis in 15, I would go with Louis finishing the job.

But I can't rule out Jeffries.

Jeffries needs to hang in there, inflict some body hurt each round, keep his vital areas defended, and tie up when the going gets tough. Don't let Louis get into that fatal rhythm. If Jim can get into the double-digit rounds and Louis is busting up inside, Jeffries will have a chance.
guilalah is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #25
guilalah
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilalah View Post
Jeffries needs to hang in there, inflict some body hurt each round, keep his vital areas defended, and tie up when the going gets tough. Don't let Louis get into that fatal rhythm. If Jim can get into the double-digit rounds and Louis is busting up inside, Jeffries will have a chance.

Easier said than done, though.
guilalah is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #26
standing 8countboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This kid Heavyweight is 15 (so he says) let's take it easy on him.
standing 8countboxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum