Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
The Buture
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

Surely not Bot, wouldn't be impressed by that.

Overall though i've been quite impressed with Fury's progress, only the recent problem of him not facing Price. I don't buy that that was all Fury/Hennesy's fault though. He fought McDermott very early and at a very young age. Has taken on a lot of undefeated fighters (not always brilliant but actually there to win and not just fall over). Gradually stepped up his level of competition.

I see the slight problem being that he's obviously not the finished article, and ideally his promoter would mix continuing gradual steps up in class with some learning fights against less dangerous opponents. Trouble is, if you're headlining shows on terrestrial TV, you're not going to be afforded learning fights. And Mick doesn't have enough fighters, to put the learning fights on other undercards.
The Buture is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #17
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishwarrior View Post
he needs to grow a pair and fight price .
since fury chisora, fury as been living in chisoras shadow imo there progress is worlds apart
Why didn't Price take the 100 grand?
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #18
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

FFS!

I'd prefer to see Tom Dallas!!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #19
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 876
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Why didn't Price take the 100 grand?
Because he would've earned more if it had gone to purse bids. Apparently he's on 120,000 grand per British title fight as it is.

I don't think Fury is afraid, but there's no way Hennessy can afford to see him lose to a British rival at this juncture.
ollyc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #20
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

i dont think tyson has quite reached the level of bein able to call other people bums

joe louis he is not
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
skellington
Bogbrush
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 804
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buture View Post
Surely not Bot, wouldn't be impressed by that.

Overall though i've been quite impressed with Fury's progress, only the recent problem of him not facing Price. I don't buy that that was all Fury/Hennesy's fault though. He fought McDermott very early and at a very young age. Has taken on a lot of undefeated fighters (not always brilliant but actually there to win and not just fall over). Gradually stepped up his level of competition.

I see the slight problem being that he's obviously not the finished article, and ideally his promoter would mix continuing gradual steps up in class with some learning fights against less dangerous opponents. Trouble is, if you're headlining shows on terrestrial TV, you're not going to be afforded learning fights. And Mick doesn't have enough fighters, to put the learning fights on other undercards.
Totally agree with this, people forget that until recently Fury was fighting better opposition than Price, despite being 6 years younger.
skellington is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #22
Hooch
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 919
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

Fury has faced much tougher competition than Price overall, not to mention the fact he is several years younger than the likes of price and chisora.

He is active which entitles him to a soft touch or 2, nowt wrong with the way Fury has been matched thus far. He clearly has lots to learn and plenty of time to do it in.
Hooch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 240
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

European Title.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #24
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,177
vCash: 1200
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #25
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,327
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

A-Farce will be served up on Channel 5, bum fight right of passage for young Tyson.
On The Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #26
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,441
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

Should Fury ever grow a pair and decide to agree to a fight with Price, then he will get taken to school.

Price will KO him within 5 rounds.
JohnH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #27
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
Should Fury ever grow a pair and decide to agree to a fight with Price, then he will get taken to school.
Thats laughable...Price is as stiff as a board. The only things that he's got going for him is a bit of power and height, both of which will mean less and less the further up the rankings he gets.
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #28
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,441
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson Fury Bum of month

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Thats laughable...Price is as stiff as a board. The only things that he's got going for him is a bit of power and height, both of which will mean less and less the further up the rankings he gets.
Totally disagree, Price is able to string a quick combination together and still move similar to the Klits.

Fury on the other hand is a fighter that belongs in a pub car park.
JohnH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013