Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

Rampage vs Lyoto Machida

Round 1

What a close round !
Gave it to Rampage because I thought he landed the best punch of the round with a right uppercut while they were going out of the clinch.....

10-9 Rampage

Round 2

Two Knees to the body by LM during the round...and a great punch in the last seconds...
Jackson got a good TD.......That was it, basically.....
Close.
10-9 Machida

Round 3

Great combination by LM, finishing with some knees...pretty good......
Machida on top in the ground......half guard.....
In the Mount a bit seconds later !
Rampage defended a good armbar attempt by LM...
Clear 10-9 Lyoto

29-28 Lyoto IMO
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #62
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Hmm god rbr Vic, but I have only watched the fight about 3 time, and I thought the clear Rampage round was the 2nd. You got a link to watch the fight online?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #63
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Hmm god rbr Vic, but I have only watched the fight about 3 time, and I thought the clear Rampage round was the 2nd. You got a link to watch the fight online?
Very close, I just gave the round 2 to Machida because of the knees...never got the controversy of this fight...very very close.

It was showed on TV in Brazil, UFC unleashed.....
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #64
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I thought the 1st was close, but the 2nd was clear for Jackson, will give it another watch though Vic, you are normally spot on with your rbr's on fight nght
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #65
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

When I saw it live, I gave it to Machida. But yeah, it was too close for it to be called a robbery.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #66
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Well Im going to rewatch the 2nd. Do it aswell Rob, be interesting to see our score cards a few months later. That's what this thread is about
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #67
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just watched it.

Rd. 1

The first couple of minutes have Machida landing inside leg kicks with very little behind them, and Rampage waiting for an opportunity to counter. Rampage initiates a clinch against the cage where he throws knees and elbows to Lyoto's thighs, more in an attempt to stay busy than anything. He lands some decent shots on the exit, but they seemed to have little to no effect on Lyoto. Lyoto lands a very nice kick to Jackson's midsection; probably the most effective blow of the round. We finish up with some more clinch work and tentativeness.

Rampage threw a couple flurries throughout the round, but it was hard to tell if anything really landed. He was the aggressor, and he had the edge in the clinch work, but honestly, I think this round should be a draw. Perhaps even a slight edge to Machida, but it was such an uneventful round.

I'm going draw: 10-10

Rd. 2

The second round starts with Machida landing his signature knee to the body, as well as a kick. Rampage proceeds to muscle him to the cage and continues what he was doing in the previous round; knees to the thighs and some ineffective body shots. After an accidental low blow, they are reset in the middle of the cage. A whole of feinting followed by a clinch initiated once again by Rampage. From there, Rampage is able to secure a nice takedown, and earn some much needed points in what had been a very lacklustre affair. However, he does nothing with it, and Machida returns to his feet and they clinch again. After a brief period of more feinting, they clinch up once again, and Rampage gets the better of the exchanges before they once again break apart. Lyoto lands another very nice knee to the body, but is met by an uppercut as he backs away. So far this is Rampages best strike of the fight. The rest of the round takes place in the clinch, where neither guy does a whole lot of anything. At first glance, it appears that Machida drops him with a big left at the very end, but I think the punch missed and while Rampage was off balance, Lyoto took advantage and pushed him to the canvas.

The two most significant events in this round were probably the takedown, and Rampages uppercut. Lyoto landed a couple nice knees to the body, but they weren't enough for me. I give this round to Rampage.

20-19 Rampage going into the third.

Rd. 3

I'm not going to PBP this one, because it is the most definitive round of the fight, by far.

10-9 Machida

So I officially score it a draw, but I walk away feeling that Machida is the victor. If I didn't believe in draw rounds, I would have him up 2-1.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #68
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Upon further reflecting on it, I think that Rampage/Machida is the perfect fight to highlight a lot of the issues with the current scoring system.

What is a 10-10 round? Should they be scored more often?
What is a 10-8 round? Should there be a set criteria, or should it be considered within the context of each individual fight?

The first two rounds could have easily gone either way. There was not a lot of action, and there was very little effective offence from either party. The third round, however, was very clearly won by Machida. By itself, I would not say that he was dominant enough to earn a 10-8 round. However, in the context of this individual fight, it is the only definitive round, and Machida is far more dominant in this round than Rampage was in either of the preceding rounds. Yet, they are all scored 10-9, either way. Machidas very clear third round earned him the same score as the round Rampage edged on my scorecard. There is something wrong there.

I think that it would be very reasonable for the scorecard to look like this:

10-10
10-9 Rampage (perhaps even another 10-10)
10-8 Machida
Old 06-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #69
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Upon further reflecting on it, I think that Rampage/Machida is the perfect fight to highlight a lot of the issues with the current scoring system.

What is a 10-10 round? Should they be scored more often?
What is a 10-8 round? Should there be a set criteria, or should it be considered within the context of each individual fight?

The first two rounds could have easily gone either way. There was not a lot of action, and there was very little effective offence from either party. The third round, however, was very clearly won by Machida. By itself, I would not say that he was dominant enough to earn a 10-8 round. However, in the context of this individual fight, it is the only definitive round, and Machida is far more dominant in this round than Rampage was in either of the preceding rounds. Yet, they are all scored 10-9, either way. Machidas very clear third round earned him the same score as the round Rampage edged on my scorecard. There is something wrong there.

I think that it would be very reasonable for the scorecard to look like this:

10-10
10-9 Rampage (perhaps even another 10-10)
10-8 Machida
Interesting post Rob.....I think MMA shouldnīt be scored like we do in Boxing because itīs only 3 or 5 rounds.....10-8 Rounds should be more common to prevent injustice....
Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #70
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Hmmm I'll watch the Machida/Rampage fights and score it myself too guys if I'm able to get the dvd or somehow watch the fight. Will see the Henderson/Rampage fight and do a small summary on it tomorrow or Sundeee.
techks is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #71
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

bump!!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #72
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Big Nog v josh

ATG great fight, basically the story of the match was Josh dominated the early part of each round with his gnp, then Nog's jits threatened later on in the round. If anyone wants to see a catch v Jits style match up, this is it. Aint got much more to say other than to bump thos thread
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #73
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Thanks for the bump Stoo.....

Big Nog vs Josh.......in the brazilian forums back then, Josh was called "O gordinho" (chubby in english).....
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #74
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Id say it's clear that Nog was the better guy with his back to the mat, but Josh did have long periods hitting Nog from the top...

It was strength v technique, but it was a close all imo, Josh rightly won though. If either Nog or Josh had drawn Wanderlei in the 1st round history might be different, but it was Mirko's night, full credit to him
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #75
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I will score Machida v Rampage as well when I dont have work in the morning
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum