Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 06-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #76
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Could Sugar Ray Leonard have been even greater than he was?

I'm in ****ing stitches.

You don't know who you're arguing with A.J. -- It's not worth the effort, bud.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #77
A.J.
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
I'm in ****ing stitches.

Thanks, Hands of Iron. Obviously (by my # of posts), I'm relatively new to the site.
A.J. is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #78
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit

How does one build on perfection? I'm as great a critic of Ray Leonard as there is,but on a personal and professional level,the man was utterly flawless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
Terry was a ghost that nite giving Sugar Ray the illusion that he was in front of him when he really wasnt!

Sounds exactly like Terry's struggle against Laurent Bouduani.Terry tried his best all the way,but he just couldn't pin down that silky smooth Frenchman.

Goyourownway is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #79
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He could have done more. His eye injury affected his legacy. He could have fought Curry, McCallum, Jackson, Kalambay, etc.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #80
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
This is about the most ignorant and fact-devoid post I've seen on this site, which is saying something.

Whats your deluded version of events back in the day?
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #81
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Another ignorant post, Duranimal. You've made several in this thread alone knocking the original post by another guy who said, essentially, why must a fan dislike any of the great fighters when a boxing fan can like all of them. I agreed with him.

You've bitched in another post that "your generation" is somehow different in being, apparently, weird losers who must hate other fighters to love one fighter, because you had man-love for that one fighter in your teen years. Who the hell decides in their teen years who their favorite fighters are and then has no more growth from that? You needed to identify with a freaking boxer as a teen to help you grow up? You sound like a teenie-bopper groupie for what's-his-name Bieber. And you have ZERO knowledge of what generation anybody is from based on their liking several boxers rather than hating most of them to elevate one.

You need to bring up one's social class here?? You sound really f__ked up to me. And you have great trouble spelling a word as simple as "to".

I am quite sure I'm a more knowledgeable boxing fan than you, and a bigger one, and the fact that most of us would appreciate all of the fab four fighters while you need to hate three of them to feel like an even bigger Duran fan, tells all anybody needs to know about you. You think like a gang member.

And, consistently, it's only the Duran fans who go from web site to web site hating all other Duran opponents in order to show their undying love for Duran. I don't think I've ever seen a Hearns, Leonard, or Hagler fan need to knock Duran or any of the others, but some Duran fans seem psychotic.

WOW such HATE & Angst Good God you are such a BORE a true 9 to 5 steady eddy & 25 year company man You appear to be in the middle of a mid-life crisis what with all that narrow minded tunnel vision spluttering with regard to social engineering/teenage role model hero worship & SPELLING. You come across as someone who is'nt well travelled or at all comfortable with himself when in the company of his social superior's & so seeks the protection of the herd.

You sound to me like one of those Sunday BBQ fiend's whose always inviting/harrassing the neighbours to show up, i'd only show up on the off chance i could bang yer missis

He you are assumming i hate SRL/Hagler & Hearns! Take some time out & go through all my posts & find even ONE where i show even a modicom of dis-respect for any of them..YOU WONT

You say you watched the New Orleans fight live! Then for you to deny what i myself & others from that time have witnessed & said about SRL & his antics during the 80's is for whatever your personal reason pure delusion. You are incapable of debate & should be ashamed of yerself especially at your age considering you were around at that time & leads me to believe you've an under developed personality. Next time you're having a BBQ invite me round will yer
Old 06-09-2012, 04:32 AM   #82
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
I'm in ****ing stitches.

Where's the logic in arguing with the TRUTH
Old 06-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #83
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
He could have done more. His eye injury affected his legacy. He could have fought Curry, McCallum, Jackson, Kalambay, etc.
Why do people keep using this excuse?

Wasnt no eye injury! Would a man with an eye injury keep coming back until the age of 40 when the whuppins were so bad he couldnt take no more?

how many times does that make it when Sugar DID what he supposedly could not do?

why does a man with no eye injury refrain from wearing thumbless gloves starting with Lalonde?

Yes, he could have fought Curry, McCallum, Jackson, etc while he was out there giving Duran N Hearns rematches & ducking nunn

same reason he ducked Hagler in the first place. His real problem is a lack of confidence if u can believe that since up till then Sugar had been handing out all the whuppins
redrooster is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #84
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit

Don't forget Aaron Pryor.Remember that clip from the legendary night series? Pryor challenged him to his face and Ray didn't want any.

"Take your best punch,spit in your eye and kick your ass",and all that.
Goyourownway is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #85
Jacquot
Cruiserweight Paper Champ
ESB Jr Member

Leonard probably punched puppies too.

Anyway, back to the original question. I'm sure if he had been active in the 1980's he would have had more quality wins to his name. I'm also sure someone would have gotten to him along the way as well.

He'd always have trouble with Hearns. Someone like Curry or Pryor would have had a good shot on a good day in the mid-1980's. But on the whole I think he would have done just fine.
Jacquot is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #86
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Anyone could have been greater besides probably the top 3 or 4 P4P guys (Armstrong, Ray, Greb, Ali)
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #87
A.J.
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post

WOW such HATE & Angst Good God you are such a BORE a true 9 to 5 steady eddy & 25 year company man You appear to be in the middle of a mid-life crisis what with all that narrow minded tunnel vision spluttering with regard to social engineering/teenage role model hero worship & SPELLING. You come across as someone who is'nt well travelled or at all comfortable with himself when in the company of his social superior's & so seeks the protection of the herd.

You sound to me like one of those Sunday BBQ fiend's whose always inviting/harrassing the neighbours to show up, i'd only show up on the off chance i could bang yer missis

He you are assumming i hate SRL/Hagler & Hearns! Take some time out & go through all my posts & find even ONE where i show even a modicom of dis-respect for any of them..YOU WONT

You say you watched the New Orleans fight live! Then for you to deny what i myself & others from that time have witnessed & said about SRL & his antics during the 80's is for whatever your personal reason pure delusion. You are incapable of debate & should be ashamed of yerself especially at your age considering you were around at that time & leads me to believe you've an under developed personality. Next time you're having a BBQ invite me round will yer
You're nuts.

You write, "WOW such HATE & Angst Good God you are such a BORE a true 9 to 5 steady eddy & 25 year company man You appear to be in the middle of a mid-life crisis . . . "

What does THIS, and all the other shit about you ****ing my wife at a BBQ, have to do with the discussion? You seem to have no answers to BOXING and just go off like a wannabe 1930s Communist, bitching about what you imagine (wrongly) to be other posters' JOBS and social caste. You're WAY off on my background; but what does it matter? I'm sure everyone here would prefer that you stick to discussing boxing, or to just leave the site altogether.

Then you vomit up this: ". . . narrow minded tunnel vision spluttering with regard to social engineering/teenage role model hero worship . . . "

Hey, Shit-for-Brains, the here-worshiping, identifying with Duran as a teen, was what YOU brought up about yourself.

Why haven't you been banned from this board?? You're just another keyboard warrior, an Internet-ONLY tough guy. Nobody is impressed with your tough talk.
A.J. is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #88
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You're nuts.

You write, "WOW such HATE & Angst Good God you are such a BORE a true 9 to 5 steady eddy & 25 year company man You appear to be in the middle of a mid-life crisis . . . "

What does THIS, and all the other shit about you ****ing my wife at a BBQ, have to do with the discussion? You seem to have no answers to BOXING and just go off like a wannabe 1930s Communist, bitching about what you imagine (wrongly) to be other posters' JOBS and social caste. You're WAY off on my background; but what does it matter? I'm sure everyone here would prefer that you stick to discussing boxing, or to just leave the site altogether.

Then you vomit up this: ". . . narrow minded tunnel vision spluttering with regard to social engineering/teenage role model hero worship . . . "

Hey, Shit-for-Brains, the here-worshiping, identifying with Duran as a teen, was what YOU brought up about yourself.

Why haven't you been banned from this board?? You're just another keyboard warrior, an Internet-ONLY tough guy. Nobody is impressed with your tough talk.
Time you took yer paranoid med induced rants back home too box-rec & the scene where all the rest of the mundane post.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum