Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #16
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

Out of all the guys coming through i seen the true star of Boxing even though he is 31 years old already.

Him vs Donaire would be special.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
Kingkazim
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 75
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_ View Post
You'll have to wait and see more of his professional fights.
He has to fight better fighters.
I agree.

Although it is important to note that Rigo improved vastly form the Ricardo Costa fight. He seems a lot more intent on sitting down on his punches now and putting on the hurt on his opponent.

Itl be interesting to see how he operates against better fighters
Kingkazim is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #18
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 500
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETi8f9c1324[/ame]
Caelum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #19
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingkazim View Post
Further controversy.

I think Rigo's use of his left hand is far more educated and dangerous than Pacquiao's.

Guillermo is a beast and I dont see him fighting big fighters anytime soon, he will be avoided to death. But still be remembered as a great fighter
^^
I believe this. He's the real deal, possibly the most dangerous fighter in the sport right now
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #20
SOUTHERMOST
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

I see a sense of urgency in him no more study or cruise control he developed that killer instinct coupled to that vicious left hand he comes ready to knock you out.
SOUTHERMOST is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #21
markq
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,706
vCash: 500
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

He looked impressive against a questionable opponent. The guy has skills obviously. I want to see Rigondeaux, Broner and Russell Jr step it up. All three are exciting.
markq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #22
stratman03
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 66
vCash: 1058
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post
I've been a believer since I saw him one-shotting a dude with a puny looking body blow in the first seconds of a fight

Rigo is a monster, technically speaking the best fighter out there right now, even better than Floyd (oh blasphemy!!)
I agree with this whole thing. He is at least par with Floyd in terms of technical know how and ability. In my opinion anyway.
stratman03 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #23
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: section 8
Posts: 11,449
vCash: 107
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

I'm definitely a fan, but hasn't fought a worthy opponent other than Rico tho Rigo won in spectacular fashion tho Rico still is alittle green. But I dont blame Rigo tho I can understand other elites avoiding him at,least for now. Unless other latinos get behind Rigo, he's going to be a high risk low reward fighter like other Cuban fighters. Rigo tho is a special fighter head and shoulders above the rest. The last great Cuban fighter was Casa, Gamboa looks like he shoulda already done great things by now, but Rigo can easily surpass Gamboa as the next Cuban superstar. Gamboa seems stuck in limbo.
elchivito is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #24
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
I'm definitely a fan, but hasn't fought a worthy opponent other than Rico tho Rigo won in spectacular fashion tho Rico still is alittle green. But I dont blame Rigo tho I can understand other elites avoiding him at,least for now. Unless other latinos get behind Rigo, he's going to be a high risk low reward fighter like other Cuban fighters. Rigo tho is a special fighter head and shoulders above the rest. The last great Cuban fighter was Casa, Gamboa looks like he shoulda already done great things by now, but Rigo can easily surpass Gamboa as the next Cuban superstar. Gamboa seems stuck in limbo.
Rigo is just too damn tentative against people on his level to ever be a star. Kennedy wasn't on his level, and Rigo treated him as such. There are very few fighters on his level. I think he has a decent chance of cleaning out this weight class. That said, i can easily see him losing to someone worse than him because he just refuses to fight hard in a hard fight. His heart kind of sucks. Without that flaw, he'd be a P4P fighter (but never a star). I just don't see it happening though. Just doesn't want to fight. Too tentative against guys who might hurt him. Kennedy ain't that guy, and neither are most of the guys in his weight class, but eventually hr'll get caught, and not by someone who anyone would expect. Donaire would lose to him. But someone like Bailey, Quigg or Nishioka might have a shot. While I rate Donaire higher H2H, I would rate him higher P4P (even if I didn't think he'd beat Rigo one on one) simply because I think Donaire would do better against more crappy fighters than Rigo.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #25
SOUTHERMOST
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Rigo is just too damn tentative against people on his level to ever be a star. Kennedy wasn't on his level, and Rigo treated him as such. There are very few fighters on his level. I think he has a decent chance of cleaning out this weight class. That said, i can easily see him losing to someone worse than him because he just refuses to fight hard in a hard fight. His heart kind of sucks. Without that flaw, he'd be a P4P fighter (but never a star). I just don't see it happening though. Just doesn't want to fight. Too tentative against guys who might hurt him. Kennedy ain't that guy, and neither are most of the guys in his weight class, but eventually hr'll get caught, and not by someone who anyone would expect. Donaire would lose to him. But someone like Bailey, Quigg or Nishioka might have a shot. While I rate Donaire higher H2H, I would rate him higher P4P (even if I didn't think he'd beat Rigo one on one) simply because I think Donaire would do better against more crappy fighters than Rigo.
Don't make the mistake of judging him from previous fights look his last 3 fights they have been shaping and correcting some bad habits from his amateur years he is more confident and comes with bad intentions now.
SOUTHERMOST is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #26
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

Rigondeaux is the most skilled in pro boxing until Lomachenko turns pro. Now that's a guy who is pro ready from day 1.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #27
Chrystophilax
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 375
vCash: 316
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

Rigo is really special. His control, his balance, accuracy, timing, power and speed are all off the scale. He's terrifying. The way he fights is frighteningly perfect. He doesn't get hit, his aim is impeccable, and he didn't seem at all out of breath after 5 rounds even though he stood up for the breaks.

The only thing I'd like to see him doing more is using that right hand.

You can see in the gif that he's putting all his force into his left, but is pulling his punches a bit with his right, even when he hits the body. Very strange. It's not just that his right has less power, but he seems reluctant to throw it with the same conviction that he throws his right.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Chrystophilax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #28
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 684
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

Rigo absolutely crushes donaire
Kampioni is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #29
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Rigondeaux is a monster!!! Any new believers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystophilax View Post
Rigo is really special. His control, his balance, accuracy, timing, power and speed are all off the scale. He's terrifying. The only thing I'd like to see him doing more is using that right hand.

You can see in the gif that he's putting all his force into his left, but is pulling his punches a bit with his right, even when he hits the body. Very strange. It's not just that his right has less power, but he seems reluctant to throw it with the same conviction that he throws his right.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
It's because of his wide Cuban stance and the fact that his left is such a versatile, powerful weapon. Opponents are ready for combinations coming from both hands. Since Rigo is so fast, balanced and powerful he can throw combinations with the one hand. His opponent is waiting for the right hand to counter, instead he has bombs coming from different angles with the left.
Against better opposition you'll see Rigo use his right more as a weapon, rather than as a distraction.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013