Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #61
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Can you tell a fighter's heavy-handed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
No, heavy hands are apparent from the contact they make, if they follow through with the blow. I'll use old George Foreman as an example. Tim Bradley will swing for the fences sometime, but doesn't do large amounts of damage.
The first pics I ever saw of George hitting the heavy bag,I swear it looked like he could punch down an oak tree.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #62
DavetheSlave

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Anyone look like he threw powder puffs 'n landed BOMBS, b?

Baileys punches looked innocuous initially but Jones was dead from them.

I think Sonny Liston had a habit of laying his opponents flat out with punches that didnt look eye catching, as did old George Foreman.
DavetheSlave is online now  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #63
???
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheSlave View Post
Baileys punches looked innocuous initially but Jones was dead from them.
Nah, there was a right hand Bailey threw in an early round that Jones ducked that looked like it would've caved his face in.

I've long suspected that the most important ingredient natural punchers share is above average bone density. If this theory is eventually backed up by science, it would help explain how fighters with such different body types, hand speed, and technique can all deliver that TNT.
??? is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #64
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
Nah, there was a right hand Bailey threw in an early round that Jones ducked that looked like it would've caved his face in.

I've long suspected that the most important ingredient natural punchers share is above average bone density. If this theory is eventually backed up by science, it would help explain how fighters with such different body types, hand speed, and technique can all deliver that TNT.
It has absolutely nothing to do with bone density, every boxer has dense bones, impact remodels bone.
Science can explain it, it's the stiffness or compliancy of the tendons with other biomechanical things such as length of levers and mass around certain joints along with the trained ability of neuromuscular recruitment.
Should be /thread but we have plenty of dumbos around who think God granted them special powers that can't be explained.
How's this Garfield guy, he's got his hands on his ears and won't think because he's made up his mind. If he has knowledge about the things I'm talking about then I'd respect and accept his opinion. It's exactly the same as a religious person claiming their religion is 100% true and not hearing or seeing anything else to the contrary. It's called ignorance and laziness.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #65
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
The first pics I ever saw of George hitting the heavy bag,I swear it looked like he could punch down an oak tree.
fuuuuuuuck. he clearly has insane hip/core strength to whip his huge upper body into those punches. these punches are slow enough to study its crazy haha
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZtZlTIglDU[/ame]
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #66
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Don't over look intent. Does a guy come up learning to 'box' instead of 'fight'? Taver says some silly crap, (My favorite was when he said a guy used a jab "almost like a punch". ) but he is right about it being the 'hurt' game.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #67
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Chavez Jr shots look like they should hurt more than they do I think

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-BIltv_wK0[/ame]
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 02:35 AM   #68
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post

I think they'd have to review the science if they tested monster-puncher/bag-a-twigs Lou Jenkins.
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #69
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
Chavez Jr shots look like they should hurt more than they do I think

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I disagree. To me it looks like Jr "throws" his arms then pivots his hips instead of the other way around.
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #70
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
It has absolutely nothing to do with bone density, every boxer has dense bones, impact remodels bone.
Science can explain it, it's the stiffness or compliancy of the tendons with other biomechanical things such as length of levers and mass around certain joints along with the trained ability of neuromuscular recruitment.
Should be /thread but we have plenty of dumbos around who think God granted them special powers that can't be explained.
How's this Garfield guy, he's got his hands on his ears and won't think because he's made up his mind. If he has knowledge about the things I'm talking about then I'd respect and accept his opinion. It's exactly the same as a religious person claiming their religion is 100% true and not hearing or seeing anything else to the contrary. It's called ignorance and laziness.

The Garfield guy's here, d. The KO power equation's sophistry. Well-intended , or not, They're not scientists; they're alchemists. They have as much chance of making a singles hitter into Barry Bonds as science has of making man fly like a bird, after trying since the beginning of time.

Ascribing how somebody punched hard by reviewing tape in slomo doesn't make somebody else a knockout puncher.

Get used to what veteran trainers know: KO power's as easy to come by as The Fountain of Youth. Fighters just have to make the most of what they have.
john garfield is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum