Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #31
TMalik
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

I had 1, and 10-11-12 for Bradley. Looking at that up there, no sound...I give Round 5 to him as well. Manny did absolutely nothing in that round until the last 30 seconds and even then Bradley was still punching while Manny was. I'm sorry, I don't see how you can score that one for anyone but Bradley when Manny's just basically standing there for 2:30.
TMalik is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #32
DogTheBountyMan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan/NJ
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 2634
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

Pac dominated Rd 5, if a judge can notice Tim throw 2 more punches surely they can notice Manny land 20 more power shots with a 3x connect rate and see Tim was hurt

Even so once again the double standard of course with Manny stealing rounds doesnt exist. For other fighters they can do that but not foreigner Manny.
STRICTER CRITERIA for Manny.
DogTheBountyMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #33
Badbot
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,526
vCash: 650
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMalik View Post
I had 1, and 10-11-12 for Bradley. Looking at that up there, no sound...I give Round 5 to him as well. Manny did absolutely nothing in that round until the last 30 seconds and even then Bradley was still punching while Manny was. I'm sorry, I don't see how you can score that one for anyone but Bradley when Manny's just basically standing there for 2:30.
Bradley only landed a few light jabs and he missed the rest he threw. Bradley had the round in the bank purely on his "activity" but then Manny landed a few good shots and buckled Bradley.
Badbot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #34
Zaryu
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,869
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

I actually don't see how you can give Bradley that round. He was mostly running away from Pac and throwing his shots from so far away that Pacquiao almost didn't even need to dodge them. All this while Pacquiao is landing a few shots and blocking some of Bradley's. At the end of the round Pacquiao gets the better of the exchanges.

Bradley tried a lot of the "right" things to do against Pacquiao, but he wasn't effective with any of it.
Zaryu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #35
TMalik
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

Okie.
TMalik is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #36
Ph33rknot
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 51
vCash: 140
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

I had it 8-4 from Pac but he really wasn't doing much of any thing at the beginning of each round
Ph33rknot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #37
busstonedfx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 251
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

he did nothing for the first 2:30, and then missed wildly with punches at the end, all which the HBO team credited him for scoring, and stealing the round with.
busstonedfx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #38
travolt
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by busstonedfx View Post
he did nothing for the first 2:30, and then missed wildly with punches at the end, all which the HBO team credited him for scoring, and stealing the round with.
Man,

I hear you.
But in order for you to score a round, the best way is to actually take the time to watch the said round .

Once you have actually watched the round, come back here and tell us who won it .

Good luck.
travolt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #39
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 36,368
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

The fifth round was key.

All three judges had it the same going into that round; 3-1 Pacquiao, 39-37. Assuming no knockdowns would occur in the fight, should Pacquiao have won the fifth round he would need only two more rounds out of the last seven to build an insurmountable lead. Boxing produces these swing rounds sometimes. The difference between 4-1 and 3-2 is bigger than the single point it represents. If, and I want to stress that word, if these judges were looking at their cards thinking about how to make things come out for Bradley it is very difficult for them to score that fifth round for him and come out with anything better than a draw.

Pacquiao put the hurt on Bradley at the end of the fourth but came out quite quietly at the beginning of five. Bradley, too, was reticent and landed nothing of note in the first minute, hitting Manny’s gloves and forearms with a selection of jabs and a right hand, probably taking the first minute of the round with two jabs to the body. A half-landed one-two at the top of the second minute brought Pacquiao back into the round and I felt he moved into the lead for the first time at 1:53, once again utilizing that hard straight behind his jab. Bradley, showing no arbitrary head movement whatsoever, was being timed as he tried to employ a reaction-based defense. Between 1:50 and 1:40 they hit each other’s gloves and then swapped jabs. A succession of misses by Pacquiao and Bradley’s landing on Manny’s gloves ran the clock down into the final minute. There is perhaps an argument here that Bradley’s volume punching, despite the fact that he was on the retreat throughout the round, may have brought him back into contention but it is important to note that he had not landed any punches of merit at all in that time. The argument appeared to be over, however, when Pacquiao rocked Bradley back on his heels with short left hand on forty seconds. Following this up with a jab, he bored forwards, forcing Bradley to the ropes in front of him before landing another left hand at which point Bradley rightly clinched. After being separated they fought up close for a few seconds with Pacquiao doing the meaningful punching. Bradley seemed momentarily hurt once more as they fought against the ropes at ten seconds. Untidy fighting was punctuated by a Pacquiao left hand in an otherwise rather meaningless exchange.

Bell.

Judge Jerry Roth scored the round for Pacquiao. His part in our story ends now. I don’t particularly care for his 115-113 scorecard but he got the right winner, both in the fight and in round five.

Inexplicably, judges C.J. Ross and Duane Ford had scored the round for Bradley.



[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #40
Gregory
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

This compubox cheat has gone on for some time now. May vs Cotto is a clear evident how bias and dirty this game can be...
Gregory is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #41
travolt
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
The fifth round was key.

All three judges had it the same going into that round; 3-1 Pacquiao, 39-37. Assuming no knockdowns would occur in the fight, should Pacquiao have won the fifth round he would need only two more rounds out of the last seven to build an insurmountable lead. Boxing produces these swing rounds sometimes. The difference between 4-1 and 3-2 is bigger than the single point it represents. If, and I want to stress that word, if these judges were looking at their cards thinking about how to make things come out for Bradley it is very difficult for them to score that fifth round for him and come out with anything better than a draw.

Pacquiao put the hurt on Bradley at the end of the fourth but came out quite quietly at the beginning of five. Bradley, too, was reticent and landed nothing of note in the first minute, hitting Manny’s gloves and forearms with a selection of jabs and a right hand, probably taking the first minute of the round with two jabs to the body. A half-landed one-two at the top of the second minute brought Pacquiao back into the round and I felt he moved into the lead for the first time at 1:53, once again utilizing that hard straight behind his jab. Bradley, showing no arbitrary head movement whatsoever, was being timed as he tried to employ a reaction-based defense. Between 1:50 and 1:40 they hit each other’s gloves and then swapped jabs. A succession of misses by Pacquiao and Bradley’s landing on Manny’s gloves ran the clock down into the final minute. There is perhaps an argument here that Bradley’s volume punching, despite the fact that he was on the retreat throughout the round, may have brought him back into contention but it is important to note that he had not landed any punches of merit at all in that time. The argument appeared to be over, however, when Pacquiao rocked Bradley back on his heels with short left hand on forty seconds. Following this up with a jab, he bored forwards, forcing Bradley to the ropes in front of him before landing another left hand at which point Bradley rightly clinched. After being separated they fought up close for a few seconds with Pacquiao doing the meaningful punching. Bradley seemed momentarily hurt once more as they fought against the ropes at ten seconds. Untidy fighting was punctuated by a Pacquiao left hand in an otherwise rather meaningless exchange.

Bell.

Judge Jerry Roth scored the round for Pacquiao. His part in our story ends now. I don’t particularly care for his 115-113 scorecard but he got the right winner, both in the fight and in round five.

Inexplicably, judges C.J. Ross and Duane Ford had scored the round for Bradley.



[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

travolt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013