Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #31
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Pac-Bradley Round 4 Twisted Foot,Not Hurt

Emmanuel doesn't need to connect 'properly' I've seen him drop and hurt people with some ****ing wierd grazing arm punches, Roidsly said as much too

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm not sure how Timmy could completely twist his ankle stepping back unless he was hurt beforehand, he gets hit with a pretty good left hand here flush

Vidic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #32
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWiseJester View Post
In the whole exchange there was one well connected punch,some grazed,pushed him off but one hard one.. We assumed he was off balance cause he was dazed,its been revealed now that he fractured his foot..
Yeah, when I first watched the fight I definitely thought he was dazed. He obviously rolled his ankle in that exchange. So that explains the swollen right ankle... Did he injure his other foot too? I read that somewhere...
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #33
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringnut View Post

Pac missed a lot but he also landed at least 4 solid shots while Bradley only threw 2 and missed with both. I'd say that it was still pretty a good exchange for Pac.
Watching the fight in a noisy bar, I did think Tim's jelly legs were from the punch, not from him rolling his ankle. Still, there is no way his ankle could have been that hurt, because he wouldn't been able to fight on it. I don't care who you are, or how much determination you have, you ain't fighting on a very badly hurt ankle. Its damn near impossible in a sport that requires as much movement as boxing...

....it may be easier in basketball, where they can tape the shit out of the injury, but there was no time to tape Tim's ankle. **** what anybody says. He may have been hurt, but not THAT hurt.
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #34
keyboardwarrior

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordapio View Post
Manny's movements and offense made him twist that ankle!
By offense do you mean the 3 left hands he landed each round up until the 7th, and then failed to land at all after? Yeah his movement was just brilliant in this fight. I especially liked the way he stood in front of bradley doing nothing for 2.5 mins of each round. A pacquiao masterclass!

Seriously though the compubox stats for this fight were a joke. They had pac landing more shots than he even threw each round to me.
keyboardwarrior is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #35
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Yea I acknowledge the one hit was from the left,it backed him off but the whole wobbling was due to him landing on his foot wrong.. As far as the Cotto gif Pac clearly lands a nice right on Cotto's right side to the head,not a graze..
ThaWiseJester is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #36
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I wasn't saying that one in particular was a graze I'm saying it was an arum punch /hardly looked powerful enough to knock him down, he landed the same one on Bradley and it didn't look hard but it snapped his head round

I just think he landed on his foot wrong because he was stunned/hurt

or he was dizzy from all the weaving

Ive rolled and sprained my ankle plenty of times during football and it always happens when moving sideways, not backwards, the very nature of a rolled ankle has to be because of lateral movement of the joint

Meh, doesn't matter anyway I suppose
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #37
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
I wasn't saying that one in particular was a graze I'm saying it was an arum punch /hardly looked powerful enough to knock him down, he landed the same one on Bradley and it didn't look hard but it snapped his head round

I just think he landed on his foot wrong because he was stunned/hurt

or he was dizzy from all the weaving

Ive rolled and sprained my ankle plenty of times and it always happens when moving sideways, not backwards

Meh, doesn't matter anyway I suppose
For sure,I think he was dazed,which it caused his foot to land wrong,but his chin was holding..
Old 06-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #38
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In the beginning of round 5 you can see Tim's legs still wobly,the Sky Sports announcers mention this @ around 2:30..

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum