Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default my thoughts on bradley pac.

First off let's clear up were I stand. I had pac winning 116-112.

With that being said I had no problem with any score from pac 117-111 to bradley 115-113 he is why.

Manny without a doubt won rounds 3,4,5,6,8 bradley won 10,11,12 leaving rounds 1,2,7 and 9 up for grabs.

Now when judging close rounds many things come into play mainly who one thought would win the fight going in. If you thought pac would win then you likely would give him the edge in close rounds. Another factor is when one of the fighter was just in a close fight you would tend to think to much about it and give it to the other guy. Perfect example of this was mayweather vs castillo I & II. Floyd dominated the second fight yet the scores where closer then they were in the first fight.

Another factor is stealing rounds. Ray leonard special. Often some people will ignore the work that a fighter put in thru out the round and focus on a flashy flurry at the end ala leonard vs hagler. Some times people don't bit ala dalahoya vs tito.

That being said its not unreasonable to give bradley rounds 1,2,7 and 9. Unlikely that he would get them all, but so too is giving pac all four of them..

The reaction to the fight is more about floyd vs pac then it was bradley vs pac. With pac losing I think people thought well so much for that fight. (Discounting pactards who are still on suicide watch). I think this many have actaully put us a step closer to the pac floyd fight being that floyd will have a clear upperhand and pac if he wants it will have to play more by floyds rules.

I've gone off topic abit.

No matter who you thought won the fight doesn't make that a final say kind of thing. Boxing is and has always been the most subjective sport there is. Or at least since the last man standing days.

All the talk about the fix and no need for a rematch is none sense.
1lehudson is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: my thoughts on bradley pac.

Bump
Old 06-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

rewatched it today and the only clear round for bradley was 10th. close rounds are 2nd, 11th and 12th. it's generous to give bradley 4 rounds. i have it 10-2.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
rewatched it today and the only clear round for bradley was 10th. close rounds are 2nd, 11th and 12th. it's generous to give bradley 4 rounds. i have it 10-2.
Problem is your a pactard that also had pac winning his last fight with jmm. so rounds that bradley won you would call close and all close rounds you gave to pac. As I explained before you had pac winning before the fight so you tend to give more credit then he deserves. I'm not a huge pac fan mostly because his diehard fans. Not many thought pac won any of the last three rounds.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
HeavyweightCP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

it was highway robbery.
HeavyweightCP is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Dipset
Dipset4Ever
ESB Addict

vCash: 639

You a very clever man, that is my exact same thinking even the judge who scored for pacquiao had it close. A draw was fine
Dipset is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson View Post
First off let's clear up were I stand. I had pac winning 116-112.

With that being said I had no problem with any score from pac 117-111 to bradley 115-113 he is why.

Manny without a doubt won rounds 3,4,5,6,8 bradley won 10,11,12 leaving rounds 1,2,7 and 9 up for grabs.

Now when judging close rounds many things come into play mainly who one thought would win the fight going in. If you thought pac would win then you likely would give him the edge in close rounds. Another factor is when one of the fighter was just in a close fight you would tend to think to much about it and give it to the other guy. Perfect example of this was mayweather vs castillo I & II. Floyd dominated the second fight yet the scores where closer then they were in the first fight.

Another factor is stealing rounds. Ray leonard special. Often some people will ignore the work that a fighter put in thru out the round and focus on a flashy flurry at the end ala leonard vs hagler. Some times people don't bit ala dalahoya vs tito.

That being said its not unreasonable to give bradley rounds 1,2,7 and 9. Unlikely that he would get them all, but so too is giving pac all four of them..

The reaction to the fight is more about floyd vs pac then it was bradley vs pac. With pac losing I think people thought well so much for that fight. (Discounting pactards who are still on suicide watch). I think this many have actaully put us a step closer to the pac floyd fight being that floyd will have a clear upperhand and pac if he wants it will have to play more by floyds rules.

I've gone off topic abit.

No matter who you thought won the fight doesn't make that a final say kind of thing. Boxing is and has always been the most subjective sport there is. Or at least since the last man standing days.

All the talk about the fix and no need for a rematch is none sense.
Timmeh won round 1 and the final three
Leon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum