Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #16
realtyson
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

I bet nicks twitter page has some violent threats on it.ight check it out
realtyson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #17
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

wish we had more fair dinkum journo's, then maybe our sport would be on the back page of the sunday papers like it used to be, these money grabbin fights are killing our sport just to make a few ppl rich... go nick walshaw
bluey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #18
gambler
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 54
vCash: 500
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

you call that fair dinkum journo?

Its the pot calling the kettle black mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey View Post
wish we had more fair dinkum journo's, then maybe our sport would be on the back page of the sunday papers like it used to be, these money grabbin fights are killing our sport just to make a few ppl rich... go nick walshaw
gambler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #19
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

Walshaw is a ****head.
Suggesting that Dib is running from Gary Russell Jnr. shows he shoots his gob off instead of doing some research first.
He claims Dib has trouble finding Mexicans who can fight, Walshaw should have a quick look at the Mexicans Gary Russells handlers have managed to dig up over the last two years;
Aranda..........Ranked 493.
Landeros.......Ranked 271.
Meza............Ranked 166.
Miranda.........Ranked 83.
Ruiz..............Ranked 129.

The point that Walshaw has missed, is Dib's fight isn't a title fight, it's a keep busy fight against a super featherweight southpaw. It's not PPV, it will be a Friday night Fox card.

I notice Walshaw gave no press at all to the Pac v Bradley fight, probably because he would'nt have a ****ing clue who Bradley was.
zoley is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:24 AM   #20
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

the POINT is 'dib should walk the talk'...simple, that is wat walshaw said in the article and i agree, there is always going to be 'dib fans' no matter wat is said,but they are in the minority,there are plenty of fights round for dib to prove he is a worthy champ like geale is, but we are yet to c that
bluey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #21
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey View Post
the POINT is 'dib should walk the talk'...simple, that is wat walshaw said in the article and i agree, there is always going to be 'dib fans' no matter wat is said,but they are in the minority,there are plenty of fights round for dib to prove he is a worthy champ like geale is, but we are yet to c that
It's pretty obvious that Walshaw believes that Dib is fighting his next fight at super/feather so as to move up and avoid Garry Russell Jnr. if Russell becomes Dibs mandatory.
What the ****head does'nt realise is that Dib offered Russell a fight 9 months ago. Russells handlers replied " no thanks, we dont think Gary is ready yet". Russell has since pulled out of the Franco bout which was to decide Dibs mandatory.
Walshaw also commented on Dibs failure to fight a "worthy Mexican fighter" while ignoring the list of cab drivers that Russell has faced over the last 2 years.
I am not a big Dib Fan, but so far Dib has done what Geale has done ie.
Won a IBF title, defended against a low ranked voluntary,and beaten his mandatory.
Dib offered Chris John a unification bout but John asked for 700,000 which is by far more than John has been paid in any other of his fights.
So instead of shit bagging Australian world champions, Walshaw would be better off and go back to reporting on league and doing a bit of research when he wants to comment on boxing.
zoley is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:36 AM   #22
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale UD Golovkin
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 75
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoley View Post
It's pretty obvious that Walshaw believes that Dib is fighting his next fight at super/feather so as to move up and avoid Garry Russell Jnr. if Russell becomes Dibs mandatory.
What the ****head does'nt realise is that Dib offered Russell a fight 9 months ago. Russells handlers replied " no thanks, we dont think Gary is ready yet". Russell has since pulled out of the Franco bout which was to decide Dibs mandatory.
Walshaw also commented on Dibs failure to fight a "worthy Mexican fighter" while ignoring the list of cab drivers that Russell has faced over the last 2 years.
I am not a big Dib Fan, but so far Dib has done what Geale has done ie.
Won a IBF title, defended against a low ranked voluntary,and beaten his mandatory.
Dib offered Chris John a unification bout but John asked for 700,000 which is by far more than John has been paid in any other of his fights.
So instead of shit bagging Australian world champions, Walshaw would be better off and go back to reporting on league and doing a bit of research when he wants to comment on boxing.
You're right about Russell.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
So he's wrong about Dib but his comments other than that are accurate.
Although gambler might disagree.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #23
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
You're right about Russell.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
So he's wrong about Dib but his comments other than that are accurate.
Although gambler might disagree.
Stif, As i said, i'm not a big Dib fan as a matter of fact his supporters antics make me want to vomit.
But when a paid journo shitbags an Australian world champion he should do his homework and get his facts right.
Can you post the original article and high light the comments you think he got accurate. Thanks.
zoley is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #24
gambler
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 54
vCash: 500
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

The Daily Telegraph have a major ploy to bring down certain fighters. basically all self promoted boxers who run the show.
gambler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #25
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

Glad I skim the thin surface of boxing in Australia, you would have to be paid to delve in to the politics...dib is ok.
one in a million is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #26
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,625
vCash: 500
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

This Nick Walshaw is nothing more than Know nothing moron... he has admitted in this article he was wrong, looks like the Tele have a new nuffy to take over from Grantlee Kieza
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #27
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale UD Golovkin
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 75
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
This Nick Walshaw is nothing more than Know nothing moron... he has admitted in this article he was wrong, looks like the Tele have a new nuffy to take over from Grantlee Kieza
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Oh well at least he admitted that he was wrong.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #28
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale UD Golovkin
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 75
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoley View Post
Stif, As i said, i'm not a big Dib fan as a matter of fact his supporters antics make me want to vomit.
But when a paid journo shitbags an Australian world champion he should do his homework and get his facts right.
Can you post the original article and high light the comments you think he got accurate. Thanks.
Well in that article now that Dib has e-mails proving he tried to fight Russell jr the article was wrong. Started this thread to bother gambler who had a whine about Nick Walshaw giving Green and Mundine 1 and .5 stars for their next fights to be honest mate.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #29
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Default Re: Another great boxing article by Nick Walshaw in todays Telegraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Well in that article now that Dib has e-mails proving he tried to fight Russell jr the article was wrong. Started this thread to bother gambler who had a whine about Nick Walshaw giving Green and Mundine 1 and .5 stars for their next fights to be honest mate.
Fair enough, no dramas.
zoley is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013