Old 06-13-2012, 04:31 AM   #16
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2137
Default Re: I scored it a tie, no robbery, PacWasDeBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliqueiros View Post
Pac didn't really do anything those first two rounds.

Last four rounds Pac was gassed. If you look for the exchanges and count power shots then Pac looks great. But exchanges in this fight are few and far between. And no matter how great Pac looked at times they were still one point rounds. Bradley was controlling the pace, Pac was fighting Bradley's fight. I do have Pac sweeping all the mid rounds.
I see it the same way. For me, Bradley won the first two rounds, and clearly won the last three. I gave him one more round somewhere in between and scored one round even. I had Pac up 5-3-1 in rounds going into the 10th, but he did nothing in the last three rounds. Even Roach said to Pac at the end of the 10th, that Pac had 'thrown that one away.'

It depends on the circumstance, but generally I'm not one to think that one hard shot cancels out 5 or 6 semi-soft punches, especially in a case where only one or two hard punches are landed in a round.
A scoring punch is a scoring punch, even if it's a pitty-pat shot. As long as it's landing clean, it's a scoring punch.
I also agree that no round could be given 10-8 to Pac. For me, a fighter has to hand out a sustained beating to another fighter in a round to get a 10-8 round, and Pac didn't do that.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #17
ryan_c
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:

Last four rounds Pac was gassed. If you look for the exchanges and count power shots then Pac looks great. But exchanges in this fight are few and far between. And no matter how great Pac looked at times they were still one point rounds. Bradley was controlling the pace, Pac was fighting Bradley's fight. I do have Pac sweeping all the mid rounds.
Fights are won on punches landed, not punches thrown. It's like with Floyd, there are fights where his opponent throws a lot more punches, but nothing lands, and even if Floyd's punches are lesser, he connects more. Bradley did not land any significant things(blocked and misses)

Even Bradley admits defeat..This is a disgrace, one of the worse robbery ever..
ryan_c is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #18
zulander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

plus the keywords in clean effective punching

a lot of Bradders punches were slaps with no power, u get away with that if your gunna throw 60 punches a round like calzaghe but not if your throwing 10 or 11 and being counted with massive lefs hands that are clearly rocking your head
zulander is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #19
trakam
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

If that fight carried on for another 5 rounds there was only one man going down and that was Bradley. You could watch that fight a hundred times and Pacquiao still wins. Hell, people were leaving the arena during the 12th so sure were they of the result. One of the worst decisions of recent years.
trakam is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #20
zulander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

actually to be fair from in the last 2 rounds Bradley has his best moments of the fight so you could say maybe manny was fading and over 15 rounds Bradley might have been able to close the cards up (or give him self a bigger margin of victor depending who you thought won)
zulander is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

What makes you think that? Because Pac wasn't fighting in his usual style? It was pretty clear to me that Bradley's intention was to fight Pac as JMM did and Pac totally neutralized it. Bradley went into the fight looking to control the fight with the lead right and Pac took it away with ease.
Windigo is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #22
papolamuerte
Yo soy La Muerte!
ESB Addict

Total Punches Pacquiao Bradley
Landed 253 159
Thrown 751 839
Pct. 34% 19%

Jabs Pacquiao Bradley
Landed 63 51
Thrown 258 449
Pct. 24% 11%

Power Punches Pacquiao Bradley
Landed 190 108
Thrown 493 390
Pct. 39% 28%

Yeah it was a close fight and Tmmy won, see above.....smh
papolamuerte is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #23
r2d2
HATERS GONNA HATE!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
93 reporters who scored the fight.

91 pactards

1 genius (most likely handsome) impartial witness

and 1 joyboy.

So mayweather sr and jeff mayweather are now pactards! So with delahoya and marquez.......they are pactards eh.....
r2d2 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #24
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru

Quote:

i saw it the same.
daprofessor is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #25
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by papolamuerte View Post
Total Punches Pacquiao Bradley
Landed 253 159
Thrown 751 839
Pct. 34% 19%

Jabs Pacquiao Bradley
Landed 63 51
Thrown 258 449
Pct. 24% 11%

Power Punches Pacquiao Bradley
Landed 190 108
Thrown 493 390
Pct. 39% 28%

Yeah it was a close fight and Tmmy won, see above.....smh
compubox is shit.

who is that chica in ur avatar!?!?!?
daprofessor is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #26
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Just rewatched Bradley/Pac and was suprised at scoring it a tie.

Sorry, this wasn't a robbery.

Some things struck me, this was done with Bradley on a bad foot. Would he have administered a can of whup ass otherwise?

I watched it in Russian so no fanboy commentators.

Pacquaio, unlike so many people say, did not look on top of his game "best in years". He looked like utter shit, followed Bradley around with no game plan other than trying to land a scrap because that was his only plan, to blow Bradley out of the picture by pure force. However, Bradley came to box, and did a great job. He was outgunned in the exchanges but he did a great job at keeping those exchanges down to a minimum, and that's where Pac had no answer.

So yes, in the rematch, Pac better come to the ring with something on his mind other than basketball because Bradley won't be fighting on a bad ankle then.

BTW, I'm a big Pac fan and this thread has nothing to do with Mayweather.
Everyone makes mistakes... This was a BIG robbery but as Bob said...."it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy". Too bad their are far more negative effects being the "winner" than if he had of been given the right decision and lost.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #27
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
What was Bradly's fight? It looked to me that his fight was to mimic JMM with lead and counter rights which failed miserably. In the end he was jabbing gloves and running trying to go 12.

If surviving the fight counts as ring generalship then we really need to clean house.
Windigo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum