Old 06-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #46
tolindoy
UBESTRIDTE MESTER
ESB Addict

vCash: 2217
Default Re: so Pacquiao wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Okay so lets also throw this out there, Was the Media, the HBO team located on the same side of the rings as the other judges?

The answer is Nope, they were all on the same side as HBO, All three judges had it 115-113, meaning it was a close fight.

All three judges were on different sides of the ring, and thats why I think we have the disparity in what the judges saw and what the media saw.

Much like Many ringside booed the Jones win over Tarver in fight 1, we also booed the Mosley win over Oscar.
This shit happens in boxing....

and if you know anything about being ringside for the fight you know that Press Row, those seats are a bunch of tables in rows behind HBO, and the rows go back anywhere from 4 to 10 rows.

I really wouldnt buy into the number of Media that scored it for Pacquiao, look for the judges scoring is it consistent? they were consistent with each others score and again they were not on the same side of the ring as HBO and the Media....

That does speak for itself in that aspect, if it were a robbery the scores would have been blatant
I would taken you seriously if you have said the same thing with pac-marquez
tolindoy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #47
liger05
puroresu fan 4 life!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: so Pacquiao wins on HBO poll(91%)

I think pacquiao won but this poll means shit. How much of a percentage of people would of watched the fight without already reading all week that pacquiao was robbed. 99% would of went into it already believing Pacquiao had won the fight.
liger05 is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #48
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by liger05 View Post
I think pacquiao won but this poll means shit. How much of a percentage of people would of watched the fight without already reading all week that pacquiao was robbed. 99% would of went into it already believing Pacquiao had won the fight.
Yes, but it makes a 'good' argument as to why Pac won... HBO poll said so!

And I gave the fight to Pac as well.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #49
Sal-Chicha
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 437

(Harps playing in the background)So, in the hearts and minds of loyal fans, Pacquiao is the beloved people's champion. (Music abruptly interrupted with theme from The Omen "Ave Satani") DEAL WITH IT!!!
Sal-Chicha is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #50
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru

so pac won the popularity contest? good for him. timmeh won the fight.
daprofessor is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #51
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprofessor View Post
where's the logical question? :
My bad.....I forgot to clarify for those who need me to spell it out.... Out of the "respected" boxing folks....what is the percentage who have the fight for Tim? Better yet, combine the numbers for those who thought it was a close fight. Based on what's out there......the "respected" boxing writers, insiders, pro boxers and analysts seem to make up that collective poll HBO put up.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #52
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
My bad.....I forgot to clarify for those who need me to spell it out.... Out of the "respected" boxing folks....what is the percentage who have the fight for Tim? Better yet, combine the numbers for those who thought it was a close fight. Based on what's out there......the "respected" boxing writers, insiders, pro boxers and analysts seem to make up that collective poll HBO put up.
and Like I said HBO and all the writers were on the same side of the ring and I asked you a question do you realize where Press Row is located and what type of view they actually have on the fight?
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #53
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
and Like I said HBO and all the writers were on the same side of the ring and I asked you a question do you realize where Press Row is located and what type of view they actually have on the fight?
You could have a valid point about the angle, view and side having a slightly different perception of how the fight went down. But universally Judges and those watching the fight...any fight have a similar verdict at the end of the day.

Scoring a fight really isn't that hard...especailly when it's as one sided as the Tim vs PAC fight. Sure....there are subtle nuances that avid and trained boxing aficionados have over the general public....but again....it's really as simple as who is doing more damage...who is controlling the action and who is landing more.

In close fights sometimes one fighter lands more...the other does more damage...one guy is more accurate while the other guy is putting in major work....but in this case PAC dominated in all areas which is why the polls and views are so lopsided in favor of PAC.

If the angle at which you watch the fight had that much to do with how you saw that fight......there definitley would have been more folks on the side of the officials who scored the fight.

To answer your question....I don't know where the press row is for this fight.....I do realize it could have a different look beign there live vs being at home but not to the point where 91% see things one way yet the other 9% somehow has the more accurate perception.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #54
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
You could have a valid point about the angle, view and side having a slightly different perception of how the fight went down. But universally Judges and those watching the fight...any fight have a similar verdict at the end of the day.

Scoring a fight really isn't that hard...especailly when it's as one sided as the Tim vs PAC fight. Sure....there are subtle nuances that avid and trained boxing aficionados have over the general public....but again....it's really as simple as who is doing more damage...who is controlling the action and who is landing more.

In close fights sometimes one fighter lands more...the other does more damage...one guy is more accurate while the other guy is putting in major work....but in this case PAC dominated in all areas which is why the polls and views are so lopsided in favor of PAC.

If the angle at which you watch the fight had that much to do with how you saw that fight......there definitley would have been more folks on the side of the officials who scored the fight.

To answer your question....I don't know where the press row is for this fight.....I do realize it could have a different look beign there live vs being at home but not to the point where 91% see things one way yet the other 9% somehow has the more accurate perception.
Press row consist of tables usually white tables side by side forming anywhere from 4-10 rows back behind HBO and their crew.
The judges are on all the other sides of the ring, so you have your media scores and HBO scores being viewed from that same side all of which had Manny in a blow out while three judges who were on all the different sides of the ring, had their cards in the same ballpark 115-113

in other words its very likely that they did see a different fight and being that Manny is a southpaw on that side its going to be difficult to see how his left hands to the body landed or even if they did land.

in other words being that far back and only located on that one side who knows what they saw, but there are three judges who were located on three different sides that HBO and the Media were not, this also sort of confirms what Kellerman said about his good friend who scored it for Tim and he was over by their corner he obviously got a better view.

But with Media set up like that honestly I wouldnt take those scores to heart they do not have the greatest seating
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #55
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Press row consist of tables usually white tables side by side forming anywhere from 4-10 rows back behind HBO and their crew.
The judges are on all the other sides of the ring, so you have your media scores and HBO scores being viewed from that same side all of which had Manny in a blow out while three judges who were on all the different sides of the ring, had their cards in the same ballpark 115-113

in other words its very likely that they did see a different fight and being that Manny is a southpaw on that side its going to be difficult to see how his left hands to the body landed or even if they did land.

in other words being that far back and only located on that one side who knows what they saw, but there are three judges who were located on three different sides that HBO and the Media were not, this also sort of confirms what Kellerman said about his good friend who scored it for Tim and he was over by their corner he obviously got a better view.

But with Media set up like that honestly I wouldnt take those scores to heart they do not have the greatest seating
Without a doubt the judges and ref have the best seats in the house....outside of those people..we the veiwers at home have the best and most unobstructed view to have the ability to score the fight correctly.

Of course we don't get the full experience seeing the blood, sweet and impact of the punches that the people have who watch it live....but with technology these days it's pretty damn good what we get behind the tube.

I don't want to question your POV...it's your opinion. You know I completely disagree but I've seem most of your posts and it seems this is probably the one area where we will never see eye to eye on. But I do respect your opinion. I could be wrong on this...but no one can change my perception of what transpired with the arguments you are using.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #56
DogTheBountyMan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2634

Every Floyd fan on here voted for Timothy no doubt.
DogTheBountyMan is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #57
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogTheBountyMan View Post
Every Floyd fan on here voted for Timothy no doubt.

And get this, I am not a Mayweather fan I hate him I am sorry I can not stand that piece of shit. I am a Pacquiao fan, not a fanatic I respect what he has done he has carried this sport while little boy Floyd went on Vacation to Urge Island and ducked all the top fighters.

However I call it how I see it, though people do not agree with me I do not allow popular opinion to tell me what I saw. I can figure it out on my own.

The reason this fight has soo much drama along with the out come is simple HBO had a script, alot of viewers as always fell for that script. The fight was close either guy could have won.

However the reality here is we expect if your going to pull off the upset you do it in stunning dominant fashion thats what fans expect when it comes to these super stars of the sport, its almost as if the bar is raised exceptionally higher for the Challenger.

When in reality at the end of the day fights are still scored the same way, 4 criteria 10 point must scoring system over a period of 3 min rounds.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #58
DogTheBountyMan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2634

Quote:
And get this, I am not a Mayweather fan I hate him I am sorry I can not stand that piece of shit. I am a Pacquiao fan, not a fanatic I respect what he has done he has carried this sport while little boy Floyd went on Vacation to Urge Island and ducked all the top fighters.

However I call it how I see it, though people do not agree with me I do not allow popular opinion to tell me what I saw. I can figure it out on my own.

The reason this fight has soo much drama along with the out come is simple HBO had a script, alot of viewers as always fell for that script. The fight was close either guy could have won.

However the reality here is we expect if your going to pull off the upset you do it in stunning dominant fashion thats what fans expect when it comes to these super stars of the sport, its almost as if the bar is raised exceptionally higher for the Challenger.

When in reality at the end of the day fights are still scored the same way, 4 criteria 10 point must scoring system over a period of 3 min rounds.
Oh man Bazooka, I just cant see that. Until the last week of the fight I really thought Tim would be the one to knock off Pac. I thought he would be relentless on the inside non stop pressure. Where he usually makes fighters want to quit or retreat I thought he would outland Pac and control the pace Hopkins style, rough and rugged.
However he let Pac attack when he wanted and how he wanted. When Pac wanted to rest Tim did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Pac would walk him down at his leisure line up exactly how he wanted to with no chance of being butted and fire left hands.
Tim's defense and pace control were abysmal.
Tim dropped the ball did not fight the way he usually does. He came in TREMENDOUS SHAPE but his courage was only there for tiny portions of the fight. Most of steps were back steps.
DogTheBountyMan is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #59
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogTheBountyMan View Post
Oh man Bazooka, I just cant see that. Until the last week of the fight I really thought Tim would be the one to knock off Pac. I thought he would be relentless on the inside non stop pressure. Where he usually makes fighters want to quit or retreat I thought he would outland Pac and control the pace Hopkins style, rough and rugged.
However he let Pac attack when he wanted and how he wanted. When Pac wanted to rest Tim did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Pac would walk him down at his leisure line up exactly how he wanted to with no chance of being butted and fire left hands.
Tim's defense and pace control were abysmal.
Tim dropped the ball did not fight the way he usually does. He came in TREMENDOUS SHAPE but his courage was only there for tiny portions of the fight. Most of steps were back steps.
What you are blatantly ignoring is Tim did what he could which was enough to impress the judges with two injured feet.
You really outta question why Pacquiao was un able to capitalize on that I mean if you can not do anything with someone who has two flat tires maybe it is time to call it a career.

I am sorry but if you can not see that that version of Pacquiao that night is a notch lower than he was, there is no hope for you. Bring on the rematch..... I would love to see what a healthy injury free Bradley can do I bet he makes it crystal clear.

This is what I dont get, you guys have often pointed to blisters from bad socks to leg cramps, to distractions ect.... You have Bradley with a legit injury two of them and yet you do not even dare speak about that you brush it off as if its nothing....

Yet some ****ing menstrual cramps and blisters are more serious injuries get ****ing real.
Pac lost to a no legged Tim Bradley deal with it.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #60
r2d2
HATERS GONNA HATE!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprofessor View Post
so pac won the popularity contest? good for him. timmeh won "an embarassing" fight.
fixed!
r2d2 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum