Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #76
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 85
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

A bit late but Sunday I did see the Henderson/Rampage fight. Though it was very close the first two rds then Rampage took over from there. He had pretty good ground defense and was able to hurt Hendo many times. Hendo's wrestling did bother him early but Jackson adapted well. Was able to have more dominant positions on the ground and reverse holds when pressed up against the cage. Takes some time for the fight to warm up but I liked it especially after the first two rds.
techks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #77
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
A bit late but Sunday I did see the Henderson/Rampage fight. Though it was very close the first two rds then Rampage took over from there. He had pretty good ground defense and was able to hurt Hendo many times. Hendo's wrestling did bother him early but Jackson adapted well. Was able to have more dominant positions on the ground and reverse holds when pressed up against the cage. Takes some time for the fight to warm up but I liked it especially after the first two rds.
Very close, indeed.....and a big win for Rampage IMO.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #78
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

Really wish Id gone to that fight now
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #79
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

49 v Aleks

Pretty clear from the very opening stanza that Aleks is the counterpuncher/brawler and 49 is the technician with Aleks timing a knee left hook from 49's lazy jab. 49 switches levels from a jab to a right hand to a leg kick, Aleks counters with a grazing left and a heavy right to the cheek. Aleks follows up with a WILD left right swing and miss haymakers which miss due to Aleks being a step to far away, 49 ties the single but ends up in the over/under against the ropes. 49 looks stronger in the clinch but ends up with his back against the ropes.

49 pushes forward and both men are at the centre of the ring with no clinch, where every fight fans wants to see these guys with kod calibre. Aleks HEAVY right from distance, which 49 manages to slip and both end up in the clinch and back to striking distance after a VERY brief clinch.

Aleks, looking very light on his fight now and circling away from 49's power hand lands 3 stiff, if undamaged jabs, making 49 look slow when he tries to counter off each successive one. Alexs changes direction, shifts right and lands the strongest punch of the fight so far, Sergei looks perplexed. Both throw combos which miss, Aleks looks MUCh lighter on his feet, making 49 look slow and ponderous, peppering 49's legs which thudding kicks then smiling.

49 ties something different by throwing leg kicks body punches and jabs, all which are avoided by Aleks simply by taking a step back. It's clear Aleks is faster than 49, and the both end up in Aleks in a standing guillotine, but the sub is no where near close as Alkes doenst have his elbows above 49's ear, just a holding position.

Both break clear of the clinch , Aleks lands two grazing 1-2's to 49's left which just misses then sweet spot. 49 briefly remembers his boxing fundamentals and puts his weight on his front foot and snaps a jab into Aleks face, which Aleks slips by twisting his hips to the left with feline like reactions.

Now both stand in range and start swinging.. 49 counters a WILD step in jab with a sweet fake left HARD right straight to the jaw of Alkes which drops him to to MAT. This is getting really exciting as 49 swings and misses but ends up in full mount, Aleks doing a good job of manoeuvring his hips so he doesnt take too much clean punishment

Both guys are very slippery now but Aleks does a god job of buying himself some time and stopping 49 from posturing up. 49 lands some left and rights to the temple, Aleks tries to buck but fails. After a few realatively quite moments Aleks tries once again to buck 49, but it only ends up with 49 standing on top of him in up/down position gaining full leverage on his gnp. Aleks does his best but eats ome very hard left hands to the face, and 49 mixes up his shots well to the body. Aleks mananges to pull full guard but the round is lost alreadt

10-9 49

Round two starts, 49 swings wildly, again Alkes simply takes a step back and avoids any punishment. For the next 2 minutes, it's clear that nothing significant lands, but Aleks is taking the round with about 3 stiff jabs, his hand speed is clearly superior

THEN comes the desisive moment of the fight, Aleks lands a very heavey right straight out of no where which drops 49. 49 scrambles for a single but Alkes is on top in side control landing sucessive left hands like a Cosy Powell snare drum solo . Aleks then throws some knees to 49's face, then it's all she wrote for 49
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #80
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

49 rules !!!!! (well, not in this fight)
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #81
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

the only reason I did that fight was 49
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:31 AM   #82
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

I dont remember posting that Aleks v 49 rbr...how drunk was I last night
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #83
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

I noticed something wrong with you yesterday.....what round 2 you were talking about ?
The fight ended in the first ! hahaha
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #84
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

I have no idea
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #85
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
I noticed something wrong with you yesterday.....what round 2 you were talking about ?
The fight ended in the first ! hahaha
Hahahahahaha.... !!!!
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #86
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

Bump
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #87
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #88
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

Anyway...

Cro Cop v Josh 2006 OWGP final

A brief shot of both men back stage and with Barnet huddled with his cornermen praying and Mirko on his own menacingly pacing in anticipation, the stage is set for the final of this Grand Prix with the third match between these two veterans with contrasting styles.

After the formalities of the ring walks over, the stare down(well Barnet in typical good humour tells Mirko he has something in his eye, Mirko smiles and wipes it away and they both shake hand) complete the bell rings for the start of the fight. Will Josh avenge his two losses, or will Mirko finally get an MMA title he desperately crave after years of toils and disappointment

A cautious start, Josh's face already showing damage form his previous encounter with Nog, tries to press forward jabbing and clinching, but Mirko shrugs his off and circles out. In the centre of the ring and both men are static in anticipation for a few seconds...then Mirko fires a hard lead kick to Barnets love handles and as he steps in to follow up with that straight left that was Wanderles nemesis an hour earlier in the night Josh instinctively tries to get the underhooks in. But barring a solid knee from JB, a CC uppercut to the face and a knee to the jaw quickly puts an end to that stanza.

Josh is clearly trying to take the fight to Mirko hoping to break his spirit and presses forward with a leg kick and jab, but again he eats another lead kick to the body which quickly makes him see the errors of his ways in trying to strike with Mirko and he shoots for the single leg. With his head to Mirkos ribs and both hand wrapped around that tree trunk that passes as Mirko's thigh, Joshs neck is wide open for a guillotine choke and Mirko obliges. Something is wrong here with the script as it's Josh who's the aggressor with the strikes and Mirko is countering with the submissions, but normal service is resumed when Barnet frees his head. But the series of uppercuts to Joshs face from the clinch must be making Josh wish he'd been choked out instead as Barnet covers up in the corner and Mirko swings away two or three more times like a man swinging an axe at an oak tree

Mirko in full kill mode now, forgets the basics of stand up, that is you have to be standing up for it to be effect. This momentary loss of balance is all the incentive Josh needs to seize his opportunity to get the **** out of dodge, and his fires a hard knee to Cro Cops face. Finally out of the corner Barnet tries to follow up with more knees, with his hands clasped tightly around Mirko's neck, 1 knees is followed by a second, but then Mirko remembers he's the stand up technician and before Josh can put his foot back on the mat he gets pushed to the ground with only a REALLY fired up Mirko standing over him looking to **** shit up, that shit being Barnets conciousness.

Now after the feeling out period of the opening two minutes is over both men take a breather as the Ref stops the fight due to a cut above Mirko's right eye. It's not bleeding badly, it kinda of looks like a stained on a used ladies sanitary product and the Ref resets them in the middle of the ring with Mirko in Joshs guard

Now this is where Josh has the advantage and he hits Mirko with a few punches to the face and eats a retaliatory punch to the ribs. Josh is trying to work his hips to the right angle for a triangle choke, Mirko fires on or two punches whilst avoiding the subs, keeping constantly scooting his hips forward to avoid Josh from creating the space to move his legs higher up his body into the choke position. Josh uses his experience and controls Mirko's hands to stop the gnp throughout this positioning exchange and you sense that it will be one mistake or lapse in concentration to break this short and intriguing stalemate

Josh goes for broke and tries another triangle attempt and sacrifices his tight guard in the process, now Mirko has the upper hand. Mirko wisely stands up and the Ref beckons Josh off his back and back into the danger zone as CroCop takes a deep breath then shoots a mean stare towards Barnets direction.

Josh fires a HARD low kick, followed by an fatigued attempt at a body kick which reminds the audience that Josh isnt the greatest striker in the world as he nearly loses balance. Both men breathing heavily now, but Mirko fires four or five unanswered left hands, leaving a trickle of blood stemming for Joshs nose.

A hard body kick for CC, followed by a punishing left straight leave JB clearly hurt and backing up, and Mirko doesnt need an invitation to move in for more. Josh circles and land another low kick of his own and he wisely shoots in for the clinch. Looking to drain Mirkos stamina, he fires a knee to the body, but Mirko doesnt want to play this game. he works that deadly left hand free and swings an uppercut to Barnets face and Barnet falls back to the mat. Mirko fires some hammerfists now to a static Barnet with a rapid succession of an AK47 with a full magazine and Josh some how rolls away and gets Mirko into his guard. A great display of heart and composure there but the writing is on the wall.

Mirko now is swinging all types of punches towards Barnets head with berserker precision, which allows JB to gain wrist control, and the crowd chant ''Barnet'' in support and appreciation at Joshs display of courage. Both men look exhausted form the effort, but Mirko postures up on his knees and takes a deep breath, refocus' seemingly with all those calls that he's a nearly man and mentally weak ringing in his ears louder than the chants from the crowd for his adversary and the onslaught continues.

And with one last effort Mirko stands to his feet, swings a vicious left on too Barnets already swollen eye and his reward is probably the second greatest sound of his MMA career, Josh tapping the mat, swiftly followed by the greatest, the sound of the bell and the roar of the crowd.

Cro Cop, for such a stoic man, weeps tears of joy as the ring announcer declares the he's the 2006 PRIDE Open Weight Grand Prix CHAMPION.
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #89
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

JosÚ PelÚ Landi vs Alexander Shlemenko

R1- 10-9 PelÚ
R2- 10-9 Shlemenko
R3- 10-9 Shlemenko (very close)

PElÚ won it officialy but I thought he lost the third round and with that the fight......stand up fight, but I think the russian landed the better punches except for the first round.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #90
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Anyway...

Cro Cop v Josh 2006 OWGP final

A brief shot of both men back stage and with Barnet huddled with his cornermen praying and Mirko on his own menacingly pacing in anticipation, the stage is set for the final of this Grand Prix with the third match between these two veterans with contrasting styles.

After the formalities of the ring walks over, the stare down(well Barnet in typical good humour tells Mirko he has something in his eye, Mirko smiles and wipes it away and they both shake hand) complete the bell rings for the start of the fight. Will Josh avenge his two losses, or will Mirko finally get an MMA title he desperately crave after years of toils and disappointment

A cautious start, Josh's face already showing damage form his previous encounter with Nog, tries to press forward jabbing and clinching, but Mirko shrugs his off and circles out. In the centre of the ring and both men are static in anticipation for a few seconds...then Mirko fires a hard lead kick to Barnets love handles and as he steps in to follow up with that straight left that was Wanderles nemesis an hour earlier in the night Josh instinctively tries to get the underhooks in. But barring a solid knee from JB, a CC uppercut to the face and a knee to the jaw quickly puts an end to that stanza.

Josh is clearly trying to take the fight to Mirko hoping to break his spirit and presses forward with a leg kick and jab, but again he eats another lead kick to the body which quickly makes him see the errors of his ways in trying to strike with Mirko and he shoots for the single leg. With his head to Mirkos ribs and both hand wrapped around that tree trunk that passes as Mirko's thigh, Joshs neck is wide open for a guillotine choke and Mirko obliges. Something is wrong here with the script as it's Josh who's the aggressor with the strikes and Mirko is countering with the submissions, but normal service is resumed when Barnet frees his head. But the series of uppercuts to Joshs face from the clinch must be making Josh wish he'd been choked out instead as Barnet covers up in the corner and Mirko swings away two or three more times like a man swinging an axe at an oak tree

Mirko in full kill mode now, forgets the basics of stand up, that is you have to be standing up for it to be effect. This momentary loss of balance is all the incentive Josh needs to seize his opportunity to get the **** out of dodge, and his fires a hard knee to Cro Cops face. Finally out of the corner Barnet tries to follow up with more knees, with his hands clasped tightly around Mirko's neck, 1 knees is followed by a second, but then Mirko remembers he's the stand up technician and before Josh can put his foot back on the mat he gets pushed to the ground with only a REALLY fired up Mirko standing over him looking to **** shit up, that shit being Barnets conciousness.

Now after the feeling out period of the opening two minutes is over both men take a breather as the Ref stops the fight due to a cut above Mirko's right eye. It's not bleeding badly, it kinda of looks like a stained on a used ladies sanitary product and the Ref resets them in the middle of the ring with Mirko in Joshs guard

Now this is where Josh has the advantage and he hits Mirko with a few punches to the face and eats a retaliatory punch to the ribs. Josh is trying to work his hips to the right angle for a triangle choke, Mirko fires on or two punches whilst avoiding the subs, keeping constantly scooting his hips forward to avoid Josh from creating the space to move his legs higher up his body into the choke position. Josh uses his experience and controls Mirko's hands to stop the gnp throughout this positioning exchange and you sense that it will be one mistake or lapse in concentration to break this short and intriguing stalemate

Josh goes for broke and tries another triangle attempt and sacrifices his tight guard in the process, now Mirko has the upper hand. Mirko wisely stands up and the Ref beckons Josh off his back and back into the danger zone as CroCop takes a deep breath then shoots a mean stare towards Barnets direction.

Josh fires a HARD low kick, followed by an fatigued attempt at a body kick which reminds the audience that Josh isnt the greatest striker in the world as he nearly loses balance. Both men breathing heavily now, but Mirko fires four or five unanswered left hands, leaving a trickle of blood stemming for Joshs nose.

A hard body kick for CC, followed by a punishing left straight leave JB clearly hurt and backing up, and Mirko doesnt need an invitation to move in for more. Josh circles and land another low kick of his own and he wisely shoots in for the clinch. Looking to drain Mirkos stamina, he fires a knee to the body, but Mirko doesnt want to play this game. he works that deadly left hand free and swings an uppercut to Barnets face and Barnet falls back to the mat. Mirko fires some hammerfists now to a static Barnet with a rapid succession of an AK47 with a full magazine and Josh some how rolls away and gets Mirko into his guard. A great display of heart and composure there but the writing is on the wall.

Mirko now is swinging all types of punches towards Barnets head with berserker precision, which allows JB to gain wrist control, and the crowd chant ''Barnet'' in support and appreciation at Joshs display of courage. Both men look exhausted form the effort, but Mirko postures up on his knees and takes a deep breath, refocus' seemingly with all those calls that he's a nearly man and mentally weak ringing in his ears louder than the chants from the crowd for his adversary and the onslaught continues.

And with one last effort Mirko stands to his feet, swings a vicious left on too Barnets already swollen eye and his reward is probably the second greatest sound of his MMA career, Josh tapping the mat, swiftly followed by the greatest, the sound of the bell and the roar of the crowd.

Cro Cop, for such a stoic man, weeps tears of joy as the ring announcer declares the he's the 2006 PRIDE Open Weight Grand Prix CHAMPION.
Nice. You may not believe, but I read it all.....good post brother.
Historic fight btw IMO....A MMA Classic.
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013