Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #181
J Griz 757
Arturo "Thunder" Gatti
East Side Guru

vCash: 1866
Default Re: Kazuto Ioka vs. Akira Yaegashi RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I thought he lost clearly, but he did show a lot of poise in the face of some very heavy & awkward pressure...stood up to some ferocious head and body shots...and closed the show by nutting up and convincingly taking the 12th with an extremely high work rate in spite of his fatigue.

Yea from what I read the 12th seemed to secure the win for Ioka.

I'm deff gonna go back and watch this one and see what my scorecard looks like. At least in a fight this close it's hard for everyone to scream robbery.
J Griz 757 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #182
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 46300

I bolted out the door as soon as the cards were read out for Ioka, so I don't know if TBS wound up airing it on tape delay (or as highlights)...but Ryo Mizaki had earlier won a unanimous decision over Michael Landero to retain his Pacific light flyweight title.

I kind of regret not seeing that live, but again it was a real treat to see the classic Tatsuyoshi vs. Yakushiji and see their reactions to it as they revisited the footage side by side many years later - and to comprehend the significance of them sitting and commenting at ringside.

No matter whom you scored it for, it's safe to say that Ioka and Yaegashi did their forebears proud in this 2nd-ever all-Japanese world title unification.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #183
sadlittleboy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I bolted out the door as soon as the cards were read out for Ioka, so I don't know if TBS wound up airing it on tape delay (or as highlights)...but Ryo Mizaki had earlier won a unanimous decision over Michael Landero to retain his Pacific light flyweight title.

I kind of regret not seeing that live, but again it was a real treat to see the classic Tatsuyoshi vs. Yakushiji and see their reactions to it as they revisited the footage side by side many years later - and to comprehend the significance of them sitting and commenting at ringside.

No matter whom you scored it for, it's safe to say that Ioka and Yaegashi did their forebears proud in this 2nd-ever all-Japanese world title unification.

Kyotaro Fujimoto stopped Clarence Tillman on the undercard too! Waaaar Kyotaro!
sadlittleboy is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #184
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Damn this stuff is on too early, Gonna have to find a video of it, Good fights in Japan just living in the USA the time difference is terrible.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #185
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyProdigy View Post
wow, bring on Denver Cuello, Ioka's mando. He'll avenge Yaegashi's tremendous performance!
I seen Cuello KTFO that Mexican kid in 2 rounds but was not impressed with his skills. He is too wild misses his punches. If Ioka boxes him Marquez style. I can definitely see a stoppage or wide UD in favor if IOKA. Cuello has to KO ioka in Japan. I don't see it.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #186
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

I knew this was going to be awesome, and it was, from the sound of it.

Will definitely have to check this out on YT when it's uploaded. Be interesting to see if Ioka targets Gonzalez if/when he moves up. That would make for an interesting fight, to say the least.

As for Yaegashi, I don't think this result really hurts him too badly. I can see him easily being in a position to claim one of the two belts should Ioka move
Drew101 is online now  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #187
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Damn this stuff is on too early, Gonna have to find a video of it, Good fights in Japan just living in the USA the time difference is terrible.
It was perfect for me.
Badbot is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #188
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
I knew this was going to be awesome, and it was, from the sound of it.

Will definitely have to check this out on YT when it's uploaded. Be interesting to see if Ioka targets Gonzalez if/when he moves up. That would make for an interesting fight, to say the least.

As for Yaegashi, I don't think this result really hurts him too badly. I can see him easily being in a position to claim one of the two belts should Ioka move
The winner must drop one of the belts in a week.
Badbot is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #189
Diagoras
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Full fight here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Diagoras is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #190
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

thanks dawg
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #191
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diagoras View Post
Full fight here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Thank you sir.

R - Ioka/Yaegashi

1 - 9/10
2 - 9/10
3 - 10/9
4 - 9/10
5 - 9/10
6 - 10/9
7 - 10/9
8 - 9/10
9 - 10/9
10 - 9/10
11 - 10/9
12 - 10/9

Total - 114-114 Draw

Very impressed by both guys, showing their skills and class. Yaegashi's pressure was effective more often than not and he was good at countering over and/or through Ioka's guard. Yaegashi landed better shots in the exchanges. Ioka's jab was at times pawing, but at other times beautiful, especially in the second half of the fight. Ioka landed the best stand alone shots of the fight, notable uppercuts, as well as great body work.

Despite my score of a draw, I do believe that Ioka "wins" this fight on the grounds of the judges scores, obviously, and that I thought the three closest rounds of the fight were 1, 8, and 10, all of which I scored for Yaegashi but would have probably scored even if I wasn't trying to get away from doing that. Also, despite this RBR indicating that Yaegashi was a somewhat clear winner, I've looked into it quite a bit and all of the Japanese media agree it was a razor close fight which Ioka seemed to deserve.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum