Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
Grenade
Explosive puncher
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Leeds
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Default Re: Board Back Down green light to box

Wankers. Missed out on Gavin and Mitchell. Burns, Cleverley, DeGale, Groves or Maccarinelli could also have been on the undercard if they made this decision sooner.
Grenade is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #17
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Up and about
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Default Re: Board Back Down green light to box

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
The fact that two prime, capable domestic heavies fighting on a sold-out bill in London right before the summer of sport begins could be considered a "nail in the coffin" is what astounded me.

All it proved was that with the right fight and the right promotion, boxing can still be huge in the UK.

I personally never believed the fight itself would be a "nail in the coffin"; but with such negative high profile exposure, certainly when it was first announced, there were a great deal of people (including many on here) who did believe that.

I was just pointing out the irony that from such negative exposure some genuine good may come..............
Michael300 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
MATTYS
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Default Re: Board Back Down green light to box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
Wankers. Missed out on Gavin and Mitchell. Burns, Cleverley, DeGale, Groves or Maccarinelli could also have been on the undercard if they made this decision sooner.

Yes agree they need to get rid of the old farts on the board and some boxing people in who move with the times
MATTYS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Board Back Down green light to box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
I personally never believed the fight itself would be a "nail in the coffin"; but with such negative high profile exposure, certainly when it was first announced, there were a great deal of people (including many on here) who did believe that.

I was just pointing out the irony that from such negative exposure some genuine good may come..............
Sorry, I got what you meant, but I think that was my point. A lot of people on forums come across as anti-boxing at times. They let their disappointment in Haye and anger at Frank cloud their judgement.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #20
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: the sham
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 622
Default Re: Board Back Down green light to box

They were always going to climb down, they were legally ****ed. Heads going to roll over the idiotic way they handled this....
stuey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #21
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Up and about
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Default Re: Board Back Down green light to box

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Sorry, I got what you meant, but I think that was my point. A lot of people on forums come across as anti-boxing at times. They let their disappointment in Haye and anger at Frank cloud their judgement.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013