Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: BIGGER QUIT JOB. Vitali or Victor Ortiz
Vitali Quitting against Byrd was bigger quit job. 40 55.56%
They are both big quit jobs with no heart. 9 12.50%
I am 100% fine with Ortiz quitting with a broken jaw. Totally different from Vitali fight 15 20.83%
I am cool with Vitali quitting AND Ortiz quitting. Both will never be ATGS anyways. SO WHO CARES 8 11.11%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #46
Pavlo_

vCash: 1000
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec View Post
Biggest quit job is when your mom decided not to go through with the abortion.
Pavlo_ is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #47
Stylesmakefight
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTrinidad View Post
I know Victor's fight is fresh on our minds, so before voting I want you all to understand and remember.

Reasons that Vitali is the bigger quit job.
1- Vitali was AHEAD BIG TIME, HE WON EVERY ROUND when he decided the slickness of Chris 'MiddleWeight' Byrd was too much too handle.

Victor was in a close war that could have gone either way.

2- LOPEZ KNEW Victor's jaw is ****ed and will be targeting that 100% and attempting to hurt and injure him for life.

THERE WAS NO WAY BYRD knew that Vitali was hurt. Vitali is like 7 feet tall or some shit, all he had to do was hang out and hug and clinch for 2 rounds.

There is a huge physical difference between Byrd and Vitali compare to Victor and Lopez. Vitali could have ended the fight, just clinching like the robot that he is.

3- That shoulder injury is deceptive, who the hell knows what happened? Victor's jaw was bleeding and he looked like he was dying of pain. Vitali seem fine, and honestly it is highly suspicious why he quit the way he did.

Rumors had it that if he had beaten Byrd, Lennox Lewis (PRIME LENNOX LEWIS) would have given him a fight, and he was too worried that Lennox was not shot enough at the time. (ironically when he did fight a shot Lewis he still got tko6ed)

4- Shoulder injuries are a direct result of Peds..

Now reasons Victor is a bigger quit job.

Pure and simple. Money.

He gave up millions and millions of dollars against Canelo because he can't stand 2 more rounds of pain. The end.

Great Thread. Vitali was clearly the bigger quit job. Some good points you made there.. I disagree regarding Ortiz though. He ain't about that life. Can't blame him.

Vitali was by far the bigger quit job

It also seem like you corrected your original theory of Byrd losing badly to Vitali.

Good to see you watched the fight again and saw Vitali CLEARLY struggling against Byrd so him quitting might mean he didn't think he was going to win.
Stylesmakefight is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 03:28 AM   #48
Stylesmakefight
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player3 View Post
Just based on these 2 fights. Vitali was the more disgraceful quitter. The only way Ortiz can equal the Vitali/Byrd quit job is by quitting on his stool against a blown up bantamweight who like Byrd, couldn't KO a housefly.

But Ortiz has a history of this sort of thing, so he most definitely has the glassier heart of the two.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:28 AM   #49
IvyLeagueBoxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Vitali is the bigger *****, no doubt. **** Vitali and the Bitchko sister
IvyLeagueBoxing is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #50
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 5200

Gonzalez limp wrist Vs. Burns today trumps them both.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #51
dogcatcher
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Whoever faults a person for halting a sporting event over a broken jaw or torn shoulder has

a) Never suffered either of those injuries themselves

or

b) never competed in a combat sport.

OP would probably piss themselves of the way to the ring.
dogcatcher is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #52
theword
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTrinidad View Post
I find it ironic as ****

both guys have

the letters

V I and T in their first names

Vitali
Victor

Quitter .
You should look up the definition of irony. Here's a hint: it's not the same thing as coincidence.
theword is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #53
p4pflab
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylesmakefight View Post
Great Thread. Vitali was clearly the bigger quit job. Some good points you made there.. I disagree regarding Ortiz though. He ain't about that life. Can't blame him.

Vitali was by far the bigger quit job

It also seem like you corrected your original theory of Byrd losing badly to Vitali.

Good to see you watched the fight again and saw Vitali CLEARLY struggling against Byrd so him quitting might mean he didn't think he was going to win.
Bullshit Vitali was doing very well until the shoulder injury came fully in effect about 8-9 rd.
p4pflab is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #54
Stylesmakefight
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pflab View Post
Bullshit Vitali was doing very well until the shoulder injury came fully in effect about 8-9 rd.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:48 AM   #55
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

we really cannot judge things like this too much since if they really are in pain, getting hit with a clean punch to the head will be the result if they keep fighting.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #56
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 93

Look at this crazy fool bumping is old threads and talking to himself.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #57
Furey
EST & REG 2009
ESB Addict

Put it into perspective, Ortiz had a broken ****ing jaw.

He couldn't continue, I think that's fair game. Your in a fight, constantly getting it on a chin that's already snapped to bits.

Different when it comes to a broken hand etc, you can glue that hand up to your chin and try to last out the remaining rounds boxing with one hand.
Furey is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #58
p4pflab
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylesmakefight View Post
True u r an idiot. Anybody that saw the fight saw Vitali dominate Byrd. Now stop spreading lies and do something useful.
p4pflab is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #59
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Look at this crazy fool bumping is old threads and talking to himself.
He's quite literally talking to himself considering Stylesmakefight is most likely a FelixTrinidad alt.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #60
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Ortiz's jaw bone was coming through the inside of his mouth. It was a compound fracture. To not have quit would have been career ending and possibly life threatening. .
Flatlander is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum