boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who wins and how?
Winky by decision 4 12.90%
Winky by Ko/Tko 0 0%
SRR by Decision 15 48.39%
SRR by Ko/Tko 11 35.48%
Draw 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #16
Big George
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

The guy was 20 years into his career at 154lbs! Jesus!!
Big George is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #17
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,970
vCash: 104601
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
if you dont think srr has one punch ko power at 160 then you've never seen him fight, and thus, you cant really comment on this fantasy matchup.
Never saw too much of SRR given i wasnt born yet. Did see clips and made an educated guess. However, According to Boxrec does support my assumption by more than 70%

Last edited by tliang1000; 06-27-2012 at 05:43 PM.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #18
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harlem, New York
Posts: 5,099
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
Never saw too much of SRR given i was born yet. Did see clips and made an educated guess. However, According to Boxrec though supported my assumption by more than 70%
what are you talking about? it supported your assumption by more than 70 percent? what does that even mean? outside of the fact that you have zero basis to even claim that srr would lose to winky wright because you've seen 'clips' and made an 'educated guess' (which isn't educated in the slightest), you also have no basis to say he doesnt have knockout power at 160, considering that he knocked out multiple iron chinned fighters throughout his middleweight tenure, with one punch.

what are you saying? come on man, you dont know what you're talking about. stick to what you know.
m8te is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #19
Big George
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
Never saw too much of SRR given i was born yet. Did see clips and made an educated guess. However, According to Boxrec though supported my assumption by more than 70%
What are you kidding me? Kid you don't have a ****ing clue!

Maybe that's why you came with this thread in the 1st place!
Big George is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 36,591
vCash: 75
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
More than happy to elaborate fine Sir. Glad I'm being given the chance to, rather than being immediately dismissed as a no nothing muppet.

First, I'll stress that I have him as a slight favourite.

The only fighter I rate above Wright in a H2H sense at 154lbs is Tommy Hearns. In this hypothetical match up, Wright is a MUCH bigger man. Ray would weigh what? 160 come fight night? Winky Wright would be about 170. (I'm assuming that we're fighting under modern rules. Otherwise a de-hydrated Winky would lose.)

I see Wright's style being ideal for him to impose a superior size and strength advantage over SRR. Every time Winky landed a jab, it'd move Ray. (Not hurt him, move him. If you've ever sparred someone bigger than you, you'll understand the difference between being moved by physical power, and by weight.)

Wright's timing and reach advantage give him a base to build from. Vital as he's taking on a much more complete fighter than himself. As evidenced in his Vargas and Taylor fights, Wright had a tendancy to fight rather than Box, when he felt he had a point to prove. That'd be so stupid for him to do here, he should stick behind that jab.)

Not sure i've conveyed this well, but I think Winky has the size, strength, timing and accuracy to keep himself in this fight, at this weight. I see it as a 60/40 matchup, for Winky Wright.
I disagree but props to you for actually breaking it down like you see it. Better than most can do.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,970
vCash: 104601
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
what are you talking about? it supported your assumption by more than 70 percent? what does that even mean? outside of the fact that you have zero basis to even claim that srr would lose to winky wright because you've seen 'clips' and made an 'educated guess' (which isn't educated in the slightest), you also have no basis to say he doesnt have knockout power at 160, considering that he knocked out multiple iron chinned fighters throughout his middleweight tenure, with one punch.

what are you saying? come on man, you dont know what you're talking about. stick to what you know.
Go look at Box rec and you will see massive amount of fights at 160 and majority wins by SRR at 160 is by decision...... So basically if he indeed have one punch ko then there should be more fights by KO than decision. Right right?
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #22
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,240
vCash: 75
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
what are you talking about? it supported your assumption by more than 70 percent? what does that even mean? outside of the fact that you have zero basis to even claim that srr would lose to winky wright because you've seen 'clips' and made an 'educated guess' (which isn't educated in the slightest), you also have no basis to say he doesnt have knockout power at 160, considering that he knocked out multiple iron chinned fighters throughout his middleweight tenure, with one punch.

what are you saying? come on man, you dont know what you're talking about. stick to what you know.

His guess isn't educated, because it's different to your own?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
I disagree but props to you for actually breaking it down like you see it. Better than most can do.
Thanks. Been trolling for months, time to start actually posting again.

Boxing is subjective, that's the beauty of it mate.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #23
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harlem, New York
Posts: 5,099
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
Go look at Box rec and you will see massive amount of fights at 160 and majority wins by SRR at 160 is by decision...... So basically if he indeed have one punch ko then there should be more fights by KO than decision. Right right?
no, simply put, no. having one punch KO power isnt dictated by the amount of KO's you have on your ledger, unless it's some drastic lack of knockouts. having one punch KO power is dictated by whether you can end a fight with one punch or not, against fighters with good chins. SRR did that on multiple occassions against fighters with reportedly great chins.
m8te is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #24
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harlem, New York
Posts: 5,099
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
His guess isn't educated, because it's different to your own?
are you questioning me, because my opinion regarding the most likely outcome of that fight, contrasts yours? I dont think you can make an educated guess based solely on fight clips. I couldn't care less if you agree with that or not. the moment he gave an opinion on the outcome of that fight, having only viewed clips of the great Sugar Ray Robinson, and decided to post these facts, all credibility he had was lost.
m8te is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #25
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,642
vCash: 166
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
His guess isn't educated, because it's different to your own?
Saying Robinson has not got one punch KO power at 160 seals the deal there.

At least you came up with a semi-plausible scenario.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #26
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,970
vCash: 104601
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
are you questioning me, because my opinion regarding the most likely outcome of that fight, contrasts yours? I dont think you can make an educated guess based solely on fight clips. I couldn't care less if you agree with that or not. the moment he gave an opinion on the outcome of that fight, having only viewed clips of the great Sugar Ray Robinson, and decided to post these facts, all credibility he had was lost.
LOL, i don't need to see full length fights to know whats going on man. How do historians and scientists figure things out?

Records, stats.

All these sharp punching that you say that SRR is capable of doing should and would've nabbed him a lot of KOs than decisions at 160. It doesn't take a rocket scientists to know what is real and whats exagerated.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harlem, New York
Posts: 5,099
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
LOL, i don't need to see clips to know whats going on man. How do historians and scientists figure things out?

Records, stats.
not in boxing...you're hopeless
m8te is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #28
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Ray would need a few right hands to the body and that's all she wrote. Hell, green as hell Vargas was able to give him a go on the inside, and Wright has little power that Ray would laugh at. Wright would be pressured, and stopped, no doubt in my mind.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #29
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harlem, New York
Posts: 5,099
vCash: 1000
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

by the way tliang, your original post is all I plan on reponding to in detail. everything you edited into it is fluff nonsense, every word.
m8te is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #30
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,970
vCash: 104601
Default Re: SRR vs Winky Classic vs Modern who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
not in boxing...you're hopeless
I guess they made some typos on SRR record.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015