Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #46
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
oK I guess that prooves everything, and what do you think would happen if Dos fought Arlovski ?
JDS would likely win, but that is irrelevant. We are discussing resumes, not hypothetical matches.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #47
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Are you going to answer the question?

best single win for each of these guys

Mir
Cain
Carwin
Nelson
Gonzaga
Yvel
Cro Cop
Struve
Werdum
Sure I'll entertan you

Mir- Lesnar,first guy to ko and snapped nogs arm., kongo,sylvia
Cain-G-Silva,nog,rothwell,kongo
carwin-mur,gonzaga
nelson-herman,cc,struve,schaub
gonzaga-cc
yvel-Goodridge,Kongo,Schilt
Struve-Barry,Mccorkle,Morecraft
Werdum- Fedor,G Silva,Russow

and I went to sherdog to remember this crap not wiki btw.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #48
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

You forgot Kimbo for Roy good night Ajax
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #49
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
JDS would likely win, but that is irrelevant. We are discussing resumes, not hypothetical matches.
Right......and if you look at how Fedor has conducted his career post pride you will prob notice it's to entice his dilusional fans, it didn't matter how many shitty matches he took, he beat nog and cc so nothing else matters. Just imagine if Dos would get to fight as many freakshow fights and has beens as Fedor fought what his record would look like. but Fedors fans don't want to hear that....he can fight anybody and it's "a good fight" And as soon as he loses....it doesn't count count because he's "shot" or " past his prime....even tho his first loses were in his early 30's and he hadn't been in wars in years. nog may have an excuse to be shot but Fedor just stepped up in comp and then lost...plain and simple.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #50
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
You forgot Kimbo for Roy good night Ajax
I see you are under scurla's wing...maybe you can make a post 1 day and not give a
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #51
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Maybe, good luck with the sandy vagina
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #52
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Maybe, good luck with the sandy vagina


yes, because evrytime i look at fedors resume i realize how right you are, monaro told me that...
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #53
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Still in there I see, try hoping up and down
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #54
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

I've had my all time top 5 mma heavyweights set in place for quite a while, and realized that they may need adju$ting recently. For a couple of years it has been Fedor, Nogueira, Cro Cop, Barnett, and Couture. I glanced at Dos Santos' resume a few months back and realized he was already pushing his way in. I love Couture, but I think I can say he is below Dos Santos now. Barnett has a lot more fights, but the fact that he's probably been on gear the whole time pushes me to put Dos Santos above him.

Fedor may have a lot of filler on his resume, but his wins over Nogueira and Cro Cop are what separates him from everyone else. Outside of Fedor, Nogueira has wins against everyone he ever faced in Pride. In fact, had Nog never faced Fedor, he would have the best resume ever. The same could be said of Cro Cop, had he somehow managed to avoid Fedor and Nogueira.

Cro Cop's UFC performances hurt his record some, but it is important to take into account where they took place. Cro Cop is not good in a cage. I realize he is a fighter that hasn't adapted his style as he has aged, but that is not the sole reason from his fall from the top. Cro Cop's grappling is not suited for the cage. The Kongo fight showed us this. However, Cro Cop was more than formidable in the ring, and that is where Fedor defeated him.

Junior Dos Santos may or may not become as great as, or greater than, Fedor. Velasquez may go on to be the same kind of resume maker for Dos Santos that Nogueira and Cro Cop are for Fedor. Time will tell.

Last edited by rekcutnevets; 06-27-2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Cant type adju$ting with correct spelling
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #55
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
Sure I'll entertan you

Mir- Lesnar,first guy to ko and snapped nogs arm., kongo,sylvia
Cain-G-Silva,nog,rothwell,kongo
carwin-mur,gonzaga
nelson-herman,cc,struve,schaub
gonzaga-cc
yvel-Goodridge,Kongo,Schilt
Struve-Barry,Mccorkle,Morecraft
Werdum- Fedor,G Silva,Russow

and I went to sherdog to remember this crap not wiki btw.
Do you honestly think that this post helped your argument?
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #56
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Re:Rek, very good post.

Give JDS 3 months until the Cain 2 fight, and he would have the 3rd best resume at HW
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #57
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Do you honestly think that this post helped your argument?
No, of course not, noboby even knows who Fedors 3rd best win is yet we are under the impression we must lick his bag! If you can come up with a better 9 fight win streak please let me know!
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #58
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Re:Rek, very good post.

Give JDS 3 months until the Cain 2 fight, and he would have the 3rd best resume at HW
when you say resume, I assume you mean if he will win? because it's a fact Nog has the best "resume" of people who he has fought but winning of course is a different thing all together.

But If Dos should beat Cainx2, Reem, and Cormier I don't think anyone can argue that it would be the best HW resume of all time.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #59
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Re:Rek, very good post.

Give JDS 3 months until the Cain 2 fight, and he would have the 3rd best resume at HW
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #60
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just watched PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 for the first time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
when you say resume, I assume you mean if he will win? because it's a fact Nog has the best "resume" of people who he has fought but winning of course is a different thing all together.

But If Dos should beat Cainx2, Reem, and Cormier I don't think anyone can argue that it would be the best HW resume of all time.
Still up there I see, buy a pogo stick, or maybe and industrial vacuum cleaner

Here big letters for you, so you can see it's not a UFC v PRIDE preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Retarded brand argument again.

I think it's pretty clear form my post that with his already solid resume and his up coming defining fights, Junior is in a very good position to take over Fedor, especially if he beats Cain, Reem and Cormier as opposed to the list of guys you mentioned who cant even slipp a jab
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013