Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #31
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324
Default Re: Boxing dirty

In a clinch (if both fighters are orthodox) put your left cheek against the outside of your opponents left shoulder. This acts as a guard to your chin. Cross your right arm across your body to block any hooks to your left rib. Then...

Raise your opponents left arm with your left arm and swing a right hook to the left of his body. If he takes a step back as you do it then let him have an uppercut instead. He wont have a defence against it and you should be fully covered against any counters until the very last moment when you throw the punch.

PaddyD1983 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #32
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

get a good,solid amateur education and learn to fight clean and proper.

at the pros, there are plenty of tricks you can use-but again: become a crafty boxer first of all
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #33
BeGGeRs
god
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1256

I have a few dirty tricks but I am not suggesting they should be used, it's good to be at least familiar with them to better defend oneself.

To best utilize dirty tricks, you must know where the ref is, and use them where the ref can't see them.

1. Holding the ropes. If you get a runner along the ropes and he's escaping, you can grab the ropes and keep him from exiting. This one's hard to hide from the ref, so you'll probably get called on it. If you fake a left hook to grab the ropes, it's possible to hide it.

2. Lacing. Usually punches are thrown with the laces facing you. Turning the fist exposes the laces to your opponent. If a guy's cut, you can really open a wound by lacing it. Throw a rising left, ref on your opponent's right (hiding the punch), your palm facing him.

3. Head Butt. Many guys come into you with their heads coming straight in, ala Tyson Hollyfield. You don't have to do a billy goat at him. Let his motion into you do the damage, but always hit with the top of your forhead, the soccer line between the forhead and the flat of the head. It's the head's hardest point. It can do alot of damage, and hurts like hell. Again, do it when the ref can's see the foul.

4. Stepping on feet. It's very upsetting to one's rhythm and balance to have your foot stepped on. Runners especialy hate it. Stepping on the foot will take him out of his game for a moment; he'll likely make a motion to complain. Full attack a moment after stepping on the foot.

5. Elbows. Looping punches can be followed up with elbows. Look at the classic shot Marciano gave Jersey Joe - Rocky threw his patented looping right hand, bent his forearm slightly, and creamed him full on with an elbow. Very punishing.

6. Shoulder shots. If the ref's on your right, and your opponent is moving in with his head by your left cheek, you can throw your shoulder int his face.

7. Thumbs. Though today's gloves are such that there's little hand movement, if you can get some mobility to your thumb you can shoot it with a jab to the eye. This is a particularly nasty shot, because detatched retinas and blindness can result. Greb lost use of his eye from a thumb by Kid Graves (I believe that was the guy). 'Course, Harry was one of the (if not THE) dirtiest fighter in the game. Greb said of Kid G, "He had a better thumb than I had."

8. Body Blocking. When an opponent comes in, lean into him and bump his chest hard with your shoulder, sending him back, and attacking hard when he goes back. The ref is likely to come between, but before that you might be able to blast him with some shots, since he's likely to be out of his game for a spell.

9. Holding behind the head. Ali was a master of this. Watch his matches with Joe Frazier. Let a smaller opponent, or an opponent who keeps his head low feel your weight, over and over. It's ennervating. Scoop his right hand with your left, trap it with your arm against your side. Hold him behind his head with your hand, elbow in, and lean in and down. Do it with your friend, and you'll get a sense of the attrition that will follow repeated use of this tactic. Always, in clenches, try to make your opponent carry your weight.

10. Leg/Hip punching. A slug to the thigh or hip can cause serious damage to a runner. It's hard to run with a friggin charlie horse! The punches that hurt Ali the worst after his first fight with Frazier were the shots to his hips! The best way I know to camaflage those punches are wide weaving to the side preceding up hooks. "Accidentally" hit those vulnerable places.
BeGGeRs is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #34
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: dirty boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis
Nah man, I touch gloves and fight honest.
That is the best way to do it, the win is 100% legit and I think at the end of it all that is most improtant knowing you won the fight straight up.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #35
berserkafied
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I never use dirty boxing myself, but i have come across some 'morally questionable techniques' -

Whenever your in a clinch, repeatedly rub the crown of your head against your opponent's eyebrow / cheekbone (if you have hair this should help). Aim your punches / accidental elbows into those areas and before you know it your opponent will be cut......not that I would use such underhanded tactics
berserkafied is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #36
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghypnotiq
i found this list
When a guy crouches I think it is nice to use one hand to lean on his head while you bang his ribs with hooks or face with uppercuts.(Mayweather uses this alot)
If a ref is on one side, punch or hit with your palm to the guys liver with your other hand so he can't see.
On the inside, or in a clinch or on the ropes use your head to put it in a guys face, not headbutting though, just pushing.
If your taller lean on the guy.
Going low is a given.
To get a guy to turn put your hand behind his elbow and push it will make him go in the direction of the push.
Step on the guys foot and punch.
Hook, and then accidentally fall forward and slam your elbow into the guys face.
Forearm in the throat.(to stop clinching, watch Trinidad do this)
Anyway, you can armbar a guy in the clinch. If he has his arms straight out and yours are over the top of his, it's a matter of levering his arm against your side so that his arm bends at the elbow, much like an armbar in wrestling except you're standing up.
I like to get in clinches then push them away with the gloves then hit 'em quickly.(Floyd MW did this to Gatti a good bit)
After the arm bar one u let go of the arm and slap them with a hook as you seperate.
If a guy was holding me and I wanted to fight, I would start smacking him in the back of the head until he let go or the referee warned me.
If a guy was fighting me nasty dirty then I bring in the elbows. When he is rushing in to fight, I would simply place my glove against my face and raise my elbow up. Alot of times his glove would hit the elbow, which could injure his hand, or he would run face first into my elbow.

Boxers have been doing things like this for over a 100 years. How much of it you get away with depends on your ability to finesse the move and the level of enforcement by the referee. Bernard Hopkins was a master at dirty boxing and rarely had point deductions.
ralphc is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #37
japtech
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Ask Antonio Margarito, he prolly knows something that we dont hahaha
specially his hand wrap
japtech is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #38
japtech
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

We got the famous headbutt.
Elbowing.
Pull them to the corner.

I dont know if it counts as dirty but i stick my boxing glove on the guys face push it back and throw a hook on his mandible
japtech is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #39
japtech
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: dirty boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
That is the best way to do it, the win is 100% legit and I think at the end of it all that is most improtant knowing you won the fight straight up.
or you can wait for a guy to headbutt you
wait for him to apologize and then throw a jab and a straight.

just make sure its" touch gloves tomake it official "
japtech is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #40
OvergrownGnome
HARRYYOSO
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

when i have someone close to the ropes i use my shoulders and elbows to kinda push him to the corner or against the ropes for good, and like one guy said punch his hips if he's a runner, give a little elbow to midsection (be sneaky though) more of a push with the elbow then move cheek on his shoulder and look for good shots to the liver, or a quick uppercut left hook combo then cover again. i do this a lot must say very effective, saw duran/ frazier doing these tricks and tried learning from them. But if they do run off after just be patient, after all you just got some good shots in.
OvergrownGnome is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #41
jof
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1363

Uzi
jof is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #42
Kill a B
Journeyman

vCash: 830

Stepping on your opponents feet is pretty good
Also, if you're fighting inside shoulder to shoulder, you can pivot clockwise and shouder them right to the jaw.

And whoever says jabbing to the lead arm of an opponent is a dirty trick needs to do a range check
Kill a B is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #43
Ricky42791
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2835

I am for the most part a very clean fighter, however when I get fouled and the ref doesent call it after a few times I can turn it in to that kind of fight. Mentioned before elbows when tall rangey opponents try to hold me I put my forearm right in his throat, not as a strike but i put it out there from preventing him from holding on to me. Miss a left hook and turn it in to an elbow. Push their head down hard and then all of a sudden release them and they will be trying so hard to push up that they'll come up way to high and with a chin up and then throw an uppercut. Never cared for using my head that seems too dirty for me. When in a telephone booth fight grab your opponents right elbow with your left hand and pull/twist him hard and simultaneously throw a right in to the pit of his stomach so it gets extra torque. I'm not a dirty fighter but i've learned these along the way
Ricky42791 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing