Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #61
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Naseem hammed should have been great

Could have been one of the best at Feather but def. not the best nor even top 5. No way Jose. Like many have said there are quite a few of fighters like him, fire*******s that had alot of attention and made a loud noise then but fizzled out quickly while people reminisce how good he "could've been".
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #62
HeavyweightCP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadcapMaxie View Post
Could have been one of the best at Feather but def. not the best nor even top 5. No way Jose. Like many have said there are quite a few of fighters like him, fire*******s that had alot of attention and made a loud noise then but fizzled out quickly while people reminisce how good he "could've been".
At his best he could have fought with any of them.
HeavyweightCP is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #63
HeavyweightCP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 06-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #64
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

ridiculously overated and lost to the first decent fighter he fought.
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #65
HeavyweightCP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
ridiculously overated and lost to the first decent fighter he fought.
Shows you know nothing about boxing or hamed.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #66
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyweightCP View Post
Shows you know nothing about boxing or hamed.
Ok, he shoulda been better than Armstrong, Pep, Saldivar, Arguello and Sanchez. Is that better for you???

Go and watch these guys fight, grow some pubes, and then come back to me and make the same claim

I watched every single fight of Hameds when they happened unlike you. If you dont like people disagreeing with you then your in the wrong place
Old 06-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #67
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Pep was ridiculously overated and lost to the first decent fighter he fought. If you dont like people disagreeing with you then your in the wrong place

Arguello was ridiculously overated and lost to the first decent fighter he fought. If you dont like people disagreeing with you then your in the wrong place

Tyson was ridiculously overated and lost to the first decent fighter he fought. If you dont like people disagreeing with you then your in the wrong place

I could go on talking bollox like John, I don't believe any of that and I'm not saying I rate Hamed above those men but if you say that about Hamed you can stretch it to the above boxers too
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #68
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Pep was ridiculously overated and lost to the first decent fighter he fought. If you dont like people disagreeing with you then your in the wrong place

Arguello was ridiculously overated and lost to the first decent fighter he fought. If you dont like people disagreeing with you then your in the wrong place

Tyson was ridiculously overated and lost to the first decent fighter he fought. If you dont like people disagreeing with you then your in the wrong place

I could go on talking bollox like John, I don't believe any of that and I'm not saying I rate Hamed above those men but if you say that about Hamed you can stretch it to the above boxers too
How am i talking bollox? Because i dont rate Hamed? Sorry mate but i dont. I just threw those names out in my post cos the other guy was quick to dismiss my previous post cos it disagreed with what he was saying. Whats the point of making a thread if you dont accept some disagreeing?

I also believe these guys were streets ahead of hamed
Old 06-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #69
HeavyweightCP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
How am i talking bollox? Because i dont rate Hamed? Sorry mate but i dont. I just threw those names out in my post cos the other guy was quick to dismiss my previous post cos it disagreed with what he was saying. Whats the point of making a thread if you dont accept some disagreeing?

I also believe these guys were streets ahead of hamed
Hamed could have been with them at his peak he was one of the best but he destroyed himself read the articles and vids i posted.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #70
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666

I'm sorry but FW division is one of the historically deepest divisions with many ATGs and Naz never had what it takes to be better than fighters like Sanchez and the Wisp
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #71
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
He did have a sharp heavy jab with plenty of recoil, he also used a lazy jab he left out to be countered to slip and counter the opponents counter, it's called drawing a counter
Are you serious?

You think Hamed alternated between a sharp heavy jab, and a purposefully lazy jab to draw a counter?

Did he walk on water to get to the ring as well?

Guy's jab was poor. Even if you adore him, at least stick to his actual strengths and don't make shit up.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 05:24 AM   #72
Bollox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

A very polarising fighter. Love or hate with not much in between. His personality was mostly to do with it, similar to Anthony Mundine. The difference between is that Mundine apparently puts on the act for the cameras and when they're not around he's a down to earth decent guy. Hamed seemed to be a full on wanker all of the time

But Hamed basically unified the feathers did he not? That in itself must say something at least, about the guy as a fighter
Bollox is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #73
kingfisher3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i would also say he was one of the truest switch hitters that i have watched, a skill that few can learn.
kingfisher3 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #74
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
That's about the size of it. I won some when Barrera beat him, and really enjoyed that fight ,I dislike Mr Hamed.
Dont dislike him but like you won some money on Barrera.Knew it was in the bag when he didnt jump the top rope after moaning about the gloves,he was up against a Mexican who wouldnt be intimidated who IS an all time great.I think he pulled out of a couple of fights with Marquez also,for whatever reason.Despite this,a great talent who gave a lot of British fans a lot of great fights
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #75
WhyYouLittle
Stand Still
ESB Full Member

No he shouldn't. He tried to turn the most shallow dimension of boxing (as entertainment) into it's only dimension. It's beautifully fitting that a fighter previously known as a brawler pulled a solid, professional, tactical performance to dominate the fight. If we were talking about someone like Jack Blackburn, for example, who had a spotty record cause he was forced to fight people two or three divisions above him to make a living, than I'd say yes. Just put it in perspective, man. If you could choose between the gifted moron who was too busy showboating and humiliating another athlete to hone his craft, and an poor clumsy SOB who couldn't box for shit but was ready to put his clumsy ass on the line and to work like a MF (like Fullmer or Marciano or whatever), who would you choose to be 'great'? So, no he shouldn't have. He could have. Just like Fullmer's clumsy ass (not that he was 'great', but you know what I mean).
WhyYouLittle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum