Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
lefe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Training advice

I need some help and advice.I know that many people on this forum have big experience in boxing especially professional boxing.Today I was at some personal training work on mitts with trainer I meet for the first time.I have 20 amateurs fights.not many because in my country at that time they were not many fights I was an 5 national championship one time third and one time second place.I am 5 11 1/2 and 215-220lbs and I am puncher and my stile is similar to Joe Frazier,Mike Tyson,Rocky Marciano,Earnie Shavers.So problem become with working on mitts when he said that my hook is not good,also uppercut.I had fast,strong left hook like Joe Frazier and David Tua and I was knocked down people with one left hook but he said that I must throwing that punch like amateur boxers,not hooking but crossing and I just cant that.I was always watching American fighters not Russian and I am from Croatia were was more European stile which I hate.Also he give me series of 8,10 punches.I am in great form but I am explosive puncher and i burn when I go so much punches.He also says to me to throw long uppercut and I throw uppercut from inside because I am short heavyweight.I just love bob and weave,go hard to the body,left hook,uppercut and some combinations 2-4 punches.Please tell me your opinion,thanks.
lefe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253
Default Re: Training advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefe View Post
I need some help and advice.I know that many people on this forum have big experience in boxing especially professional boxing.Today I was at some personal training work on mitts with trainer I meet for the first time.I have 20 amateurs fights.not many because in my country at that time they were not many fights I was an 5 national championship one time third and one time second place.I am 5 11 1/2 and 215-220lbs and I am puncher and my stile is similar to Joe Frazier,Mike Tyson,Rocky Marciano,Earnie Shavers.So problem become with working on mitts when he said that my hook is not good,also uppercut.I had fast,strong left hook like Joe Frazier and David Tua and I was knocked down people with one left hook but he said that I must throwing that punch like amateur boxers,not hooking but crossing and I just cant that.I was always watching American fighters not Russian and I am from Croatia were was more European stile which I hate.Also he give me series of 8,10 punches.I am in great form but I am explosive puncher and i burn when I go so much punches.He also says to me to throw long uppercut and I throw uppercut from inside because I am short heavyweight.I just love bob and weave,go hard to the body,left hook,uppercut and some combinations 2-4 punches.Please tell me your opinion,thanks.

is he your coach?
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #3
lefe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
is he your coach?
No,he is coach at some boxing club and I hire him for personal training.This is our first meeting.
lefe is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
123ko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

its always good to get a coach that as done the fights ,,they can imagine them selves throwing the punches ,,,& know if its right for your style ,,lets just say personal trainers only know what they see on youtube

get him to explain why he's doing the changes ,,if it makes sense then it may just help your game if you give it a try

if he isn't clear with the advise then give him the inside upper cut & empty is pockets for a refund
123ko is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #5
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

oops forgot to reply. I'd say be open to everything he says unless you really get ****ed up doing it. I remember going to another gym the gym was much different from my first one so i had to change alot of things. Since he isnt your coach though i wouldn't really put so much time into what he says but be open to advice. It's always good to add something to your arsenal each time. I always beleive that be able to improve everything while still improving what you should improve like bad habits is how you should go about training.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict

you might be too tight if you're trying to explode with every shot on a 10 hit. not every punch needs to have everything behind it, especially if it's just pads. Relax and every few punches throw something with some extra behind it if you insist but if it's just pads, relax and work on your form.
PNoyFightFanUSN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing