Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #31
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: what happened to silva in the first fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
1) what happened in the "leadup" to the fight? And he may have had a rib injury but no way can a guy fight with "busted or cracked ribs". I don't buy that excuse.
I didn't say he had "busted or cracked ribs." I said he had a rib injury. And it seems fairly clear that he did.

Quote:
2) Sonnen will be on TRT again but this time with legal levels.
Well I don't know enough about that shit to make a prediction about what he will be like this time, or what a difference it made last time.

Quote:
3)It's def a bad style matchup for Silva he's game is measuring peoples reach,footwork range etc. Sonnen is hard to read because he attacks relentlessly and doesn't give Silva the time to do his thing.
Correct.

Quote:
4)Sonnen def fought the fight of his life but he with all the talking he did he certainly had to back it up. How many other times do fighters say they are going to do this and that but once they get in the ring they don't do shit.
Sonnen said he had no fear, and he showed no fear. He fought like he wanted it BAD.

Quote:
5) Chael had just over a minute and half to seal the deal but fell to his achiles heel. He brought in Vinny M a high level BJJ guy to help him with his defense, I'm not sure he has ever done that before......it sure couldn't hurt.
It can't hurt, but this submission thing has been getting him shit on for years now. Maybe he's only semi-recently had the cash to get top-level guys in to help him out.

Quote:
It seems very few people are giving Sonnen a chance this time around....we'll have to see.
I give him a chance, for sure. And I'd love to see him do it. But IMO he's the underdog. A very live underdog, but an underdog nonetheless.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #32
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

What do you guys think about the begining of the 4th round ?

Before silva got sloppy and got reversed ?
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #33
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
What do you guys think about the begining of the 4th round ?

Before silva got sloppy and got reversed ?
Spider came out after Sonnen all guns blazing at the start of the 4th, and managed to shake him up a bit with almost pure aggression for the first 30 seconds or so.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #34
The Spider

vCash:

Another interesting part of the fight is about a minute, to a minute and a half into the 5th. I reckon Sonnen actually gassed, and I think that's why Spider was shortly after that able to get a hold of Sonnen and sub him.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #35
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

In the fifth, I was under the impression that Silva was a lot more aggressive with is submission attempt then in any other round !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #36
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
In the fifth, I was under the impression that Silva was a lot more aggressive with is submission attempt then in any other round !
At the start of the 4th though, the part you were referring to above, Spider was almost recklessly charging at Sonnen, and managed to land a bit too.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #37
davidwatts
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

sonnen is going to be super-confident in the octagon, thats for sure. hopefully he is too confident and makes one or two mistakes.
i think silva huge ego had a lot to do with the first fight. he thought he'd be able to have no trouble imposing his will on chael. however then was shocked, and he hadn't planned for how good sonnen was, he had no plan B.

how come silva couldn't get away for sonnen when he was on his back? what i mean, is that silva is a black belt in jiujitsu and thats a ground fighting style.
or is wrestling simply just superior to jiujitsu?
davidwatts is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #38
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwatts View Post
how come silva couldn't get away for sonnen when he was on his back? what i mean, is that silva is a black belt in jiujitsu and thats a ground fighting style.
Sonnen is a top-level wrestler, not just a guy who knows a bit of wrestling.

And depending on the extent of Silva's rib injury, that by itself could have robbed him of the explosiveness he needed to power out of Sonnen's positioning and back to his feet.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #39
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwatts View Post
sonnen is going to be super-confident in the octagon, thats for sure. hopefully he is too confident and makes one or two mistakes.
i think silva huge ego had a lot to do with the first fight. he thought he'd be able to have no trouble imposing his will on chael. however then was shocked, and he hadn't planned for how good sonnen was, he had no plan B.

I think Sonnen will be even more confident this time due to Silva trying to get out of this fight. Even as Sonnen went to Brasil to promote the fight Silva still hadn't signed and was basically forced into it by Dana and Sonnen coming to Brasil. He still said said Sonnen didn't deserve a rematch and did'n't want to fight.

but he couldn't coward out in Brasil in front of his people, I think that Dana knew that was the only way to get him in the ring. I thought he would pull injury to get out of it but he hasn't yet.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #40
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I think after insulting Brazilians in general Chael is in for a serious beat down.........I can't believe some of the things he has said with the Hitler mask & everything........I think after Silva beats him Wandy wants some of Chael as well.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #41
davidwatts
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

didn't know that about him not signing til very late.

i also cannot believe some of the shit sonnen has said about silva and brazilians in general. some stuff was out of order and he should get some kind of disciplinary action, maybe a fine or possibly one of his relatives murdered.
i'm surprized dana hasn't said anything actually.
davidwatts is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #42
dranon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
I think after insulting Brazilians in general Chael is in for a serious beat down.........I can't believe some of the things he has said with the Hitler mask & everything........I think after Silva beats him Wandy wants some of Chael as well.

Sonnen would brutalize Wanderlei.For his sake I hope that fight never happens Chael is just using some old school "wrasling" fake bad guy smack talk to sell himself and this fight.... and most casual MMA fans are also WWE fans, they eat that stuff up.
dranon is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #43
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranon View Post
Sonnen would brutalize Wanderlei.For his sake I hope that fight never happens Chael is just using some old school "wrasling" fake bad guy smack talk to sell himself and this fight.... and most casual MMA fans are also WWE fans, they eat that stuff up.

BORKED
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #44
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthooktommy View Post

BORKED
As for originality

I'm glad Chael remembered the lines
Old 07-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #45
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
As for originality

I'm glad Chael remembered the lines
Well Chael isn't the only mma fighter stealing promos...

BORKED

BORKED
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum