Old 07-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #61
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscator View Post
I saw the fight. Helenius hurt Chisora several times. All Chisora could do was clown and make faces. Chisora never phased Helenius.
Yeah he never fazed Helenius except for the 50 times he had him frustrated and rocked his head around like Pac Man. Dereck beat his ass 7 rounds at least.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #62
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I though that was a competitive fight that I gave to Chimpsora 115-113! Remarkable Helenius fought as well as he did with those injuries he sustained.

Should have been given far more credit for his heart but he has the wrong skin color and passport so he is ridiculed and made fun by the usual suspects.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #63
satchmo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
I though that was a competitive fight that I gave to Chimpsora 115-113! Remarkable Helenius fought as well as he did with those injuries he sustained.

Should have been given far more credit for his heart but he has the wrong skin color and passport so he is ridiculed and made fun by the usual suspects.
This! He is missing that slick and black element and doesnt talk shit about other fighters. He will never get credit in here.

He did loose to Chisora but it was a competitive fight. Chisora was hurt (his own words). Helenius was not. Chisora would be a one hell of a fighter if he could punch........
satchmo is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #64
piscator
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo View Post
This! He is missing that slick and black element and doesnt talk shit about other fighters. He will never get credit in here.

He did loose to Chisora but it was a competitive fight. Chisora was hurt (his own words). Helenius was not. Chisora would be a one hell of a fighter if he could punch........
No. Helenius didn't lose to Chisora. The judges called it right. But you are right, Chisora was hurt. Helenius was not. Chisora threw a lot of pitty pat type taps but did absolutely no damage. Helenius rocked Chisora several times and it showed. No comparison between the two fighters.
piscator is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #65
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Chisora should be banned from boxing for life and deported back to Africa from whence he came. Should, but of course he won't, because boxing and the UK government is so completely corrupted.

Last edited by jacklondon; 07-06-2012 at 12:36 PM.
jacklondon is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #66
raymann
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscator View Post
I saw the fight. Helenius hurt Chisora several times. All Chisora could do was clown and make faces. Chisora never phased Helenius.
a clear win for chisora, who has proven himself to be a fringe world level operator. helenius could hopefully hit similar heights if he comes back.
raymann is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #67
JesterValentine

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkis View Post
Helenius beat the **** out of Britains best with one arm

He aint Britains best he aint even Britains second best
JesterValentine is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #68
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1356

OK, so reports are that Helenius is CLOSE to returning to the gym. He's never been an Adonis, but I hope he kept up his cardio during rehab of the shoulder.

The break should be good for his broken hands as well.

I gotta admit that Chisora edged the fight. The first few times I watched I tried but couldnt give it to Del, but last time out, I think I could give him the 2-3 swing rounds.

He could have won as widely as 8-4, but nevertheless it wasnt a complete robbery.

Glad to hear Robbe is healing and nearly healthy. Can't wait for him to announce a return. Solis came back nicely from nearly as serious an injury and against a game opponent.

I see Shannon Briggs, another former world champ, is fighting in Dubai in early February. Robbe's dad and mgr has maintained he will only fight former titlists or top level contenders, and if others are tied up, Briggs would be the perfect dance partner for a return early next yr.

Or.......................of course a rematch with DelBoy, should he beat Haye would be great as well.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #69
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Adamek would be a good comeback fight for Robert.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 05:11 AM   #70
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
OK, so reports are that Helenius is CLOSE to returning to the gym. He's never been an Adonis, but I hope he kept up his cardio during rehab of the shoulder.

The break should be good for his broken hands as well.

I gotta admit that Chisora edged the fight. The first few times I watched I tried but couldnt give it to Del, but last time out, I think I could give him the 2-3 swing rounds.

He could have won as widely as 8-4, but nevertheless it wasnt a complete robbery.

Glad to hear Robbe is healing and nearly healthy. Can't wait for him to announce a return. Solis came back nicely from nearly as serious an injury and against a game opponent.

I see Shannon Briggs, another former world champ, is fighting in Dubai in early February. Robbe's dad and mgr has maintained he will only fight former titlists or top level contenders, and if others are tied up, Briggs would be the perfect dance partner for a return early next yr.

Or.......................of course a rematch with DelBoy, should he beat Haye would be great as well.

This. . . I couldn't really give a score the first time I saw it - was back and forth between who won, because there was so many close rounds. . . So many rounds where Chisora was aggressive, but was just hitting elbows, gloves, and forearms, and Helenius landed the cleaner punches in the round. .

I did a rewatch/rescore recently, and I had like 3 10-10 rounds I couldn't decide on, but nevertheless, had CHisora winning 116-115. . .

You right, it could have been as wide as 8-4, but the way teh fight played out, 115-113 Helenius actually was not a robbery. . . Just a regular hometown decision, where it' snatural for the home boxer to get any close round.
king khan is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #71
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

But this is great news, as I feel Helenius has great potential. . . I'd like to see him against a soft touch for his first fight back - you know, test the waters and whatnot. . . Feed him a Chazz Witherspoon or something. . .

Then second fight, give him a guy with some serious offense, but still limited like Travis Walker. . .

Then after that, go where the money, and potential glory is. . .
king khan is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #72
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by king khan View Post
But this is great news, as I feel Helenius has great potential. . . I'd like to see him against a soft touch for his first fight back - you know, test the waters and whatnot. . . Feed him a Chazz Witherspoon or something. . .

Then second fight, give him a guy with some serious offense, but still limited like Travis Walker. . .

Then after that, go where the money, and potential glory is. . .
No!

Look at his record. He never fights tune ups. If his hand is recovered he should fight a world class opponent.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #73
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

I respect Helenius's camp for giving him tough fights

Brewster, Peter, Liakhovic, Chisora are all good names on his resume ( even though everyone had Chisora winning, a rematch with neutral judges is a must)

shame he has all those injury problems, mabe he's not the best boxer, but he has that killer instinct that some of today's heavies lack, when he hurts his opponent, he goes in for the kill

hope he makes a full recovery, a fight with Pulev for the European title would be nice after all the time he was injured
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #74
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
I respect Helenius's camp for giving him tough fights

Brewster, Peter, Liakhovic, Chisora are all good names on his resume ( even though everyone had Chisora winning, a rematch with neutral judges is a must)

shame he has all those injury problems, mabe he's not the best boxer, but he has that killer instinct that some of today's heavies lack, when he hurts his opponent, he goes in for the kill

hope he makes a full recovery, a fight with Pulev for the European title would be nice after all the time he was injured
Problem was that Palomo is known for giving the home fighter the edge all the time. He also had Huck beating Lebedev. Seems to be in Sauerlands pocket, and is also a pretty inept referee.

I hope that Helenius will be back. I would guess that he takes a tune-up first (Seems the smart thing to do, to test the shoulder and so on) but its not my decision.
Chisora-rematch and Pulev-fight is good suggestions that I would like to see, but the question is if Sauerland would want to put Helenius and Pulev up against each other. I think not. They will try and position them different "world" title belts each.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #75
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Problem was that Palomo is known for giving the home fighter the edge all the time. He also had Huck beating Lebedev. Seems to be in Sauerlands pocket, and is also a pretty inept referee.

I hope that Helenius will be back. I would guess that he takes a tune-up first (Seems the smart thing to do, to test the shoulder and so on) but its not my decision.
Chisora-rematch and Pulev-fight is good suggestions that I would like to see, but the question is if Sauerland would want to put Helenius and Pulev up against each other. I think not. They will try and position them different "world" title belts each.
maybe Dimitrienko will be fed to Helenius? I mean, the guy is pretty much finished, or maybe even Chagaev, another former world champ
damian38 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum