Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #286
funkykoval
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone know about Polish heavy Artur Szpilka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaKilla View Post
Poles are starving for the "Next Big Thing"(We have never had HW champ), So we have already crowned Artur...
not the Poles, just the minority unfortunately they are the most loud and aggressive arguing about it
most people in Poland see nothing special in Szpilka at this point, of course he is probably the best except Adamek at heavyweight division in Poland but thats all, we almost all see its far to early to say something for sure

Quote:
His Mcline fight, has proven to me that he is overrated... May he be champ one day? Sure if the Klits retire.

Is he a once a decade talent? NO
He is a decent prospect that may become a very good HW

He is progressing along very well at this stage of his career, but he is no elite talent
thats exactly how I and most of polish fans see it, its just happened that most of polish guys on this forum are often being far from dispassionate when they deal with something that apply to Poland, and they also unnecessarily go into personal/national exchanges, sometimes I really feel like the misunderstanding come from lack of english language in some cases, its not only our national attribute to be fair

Quote:
Please, stop defending Artur like he is you're family member... As of now, he is a good prospect with the ability to become a title holder after the Klits retire.. He is no ATG

I see nothing special in him, he looked impressive against bums, the first time he fought decent opponent he looked scared and nothing special, although he doesn't looked as bad as some here say

finally he only had less then 25 rounds in his entire career, mccline over 300 so his experience was much bigger

I guess these polish guys just feel that Artur and other polish fighters are attacked more then they deserve, it seemed that nobody is being attacked like that, for example Wilder or Povietkin who has been avoiding Wlad like for 4years now?
funkykoval is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #287
yogster740
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Ashamed? I'm just entirely indifferent. Being born in a 1st world country is among the best things that can happen to anyone but then, it's just arbitraty. Why be proud over something you had no control over? How is that an achievement? Might as well been born in Bangladesh.

And yes, you got that right. Insulting Schulz doesn't affect me in the slightest. I don't rate him at all although his performance against Foreman was decent tbf.

how non-existent you sound
yogster740 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #288
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

Artur is still developing. He just gets lots of hype because he is media and viewer friendly. So the media try to pump him up, along with those interested who have potential to make money off his back. Another thing going against him is his size. He is not that big of a HW.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #289
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogster740 View Post
how non-existent you sound
When there's nothing you managed to achieve in life, there's always your country you can be proud of.

You wanted me to show me my somalian E-Harmony account. Where is it?
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #290
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Artur is still developing. He just gets lots of hype because he is media and viewer friendly. So the media try to pump him up, along with those interested who have potential to make money off his back. Another thing going against him is his size. He is not that big of a HW.
I thought he was 6 4 ? He crouches in his stance and looks less than that in the ring, also McCline is big so most people look small next to him.
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #291
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Even though I believe that Faerun is exaggerating a bit I can't deny that I somewhat agree with his conclusion...

Poles are starving for the "Next Big Thing"(We have never had HW champ), So we have already crowned Artur... His Mcline fight, has proven to me that he is overrated... May he be champ one day? Sure if the Klits retire.

Is he a once a decade talent? NO
He is a decent prospect that may become a very good HW

He is progressing along very well at this stage of his career, but he is no elite talent

Please, stop defending Artur like he is you're family member... As of now, he is a good prospect with the ability to become a title holder after the Klits retire.. He is no ATG
Dude no one here is saying this. Everyone considers Szpilka to be a worthwhile prospect and everyone can see that he has gotten way too much attention for what he has done. Its all in your head if you think anyone here thinks Szpilka is a potential ATG.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #292
yogster740
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
You wanted me to show me my somalian E-Harmony account. Where is it?
It was a joke, stop crying.
yogster740 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #293
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostya by ko View Post
I thought he was 6 4 ? He crouches in his stance and looks less than that in the ring, also McCline is big so most people look small next to him.
I don't think he is quite 6'4''

In another thread there were pictures of him standing next to different fighters, and I think he was around 6'2'' or 6'3'' if i remember correctly.

Which isn't "small" but when you have guys like the Klitschkos in the same division, it honestly ruins it... because if we kept the proportions, and just went down in weight, the Klitschkos would be a couple weight classes above everyone elses and these fights wouldn't even be happening.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #294
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Which isn't "small" but when you have guys like the Klitschkos in the same division, it honestly ruins it... because if we kept the proportions, and just went down in weight, the Klitschkos would be a couple weight classes above everyone elses and these fights wouldn't even be happening.

My #2 pet peeve about boxing, after corruption, is the absurd weight division setup - the little squirts have weight div's separated by an absurd 3 or so pounds whereas a feller weighing 201 is supposed to be in the same div as a guy a head taller and 50 or 100 pounds more. A guy weighing 176 also is in the same div as 199, but then you have the stupid super middleweight div with only 7 pound borders, 168-175. Totally illogical.
jacklondon is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #295
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklondon View Post
My #2 pet peeve about boxing, after corruption, is the absurd weight division setup - the little squirts have weight div's separated by an absurd 3 or so pounds whereas a feller weighing 201 is supposed to be in the same div as a guy a head taller and 50 or 100 pounds more. A guy weighing 176 also is in the same div as 199, but then you have the stupid super middleweight div with only 7 pound borders, 168-175. Totally illogical.

Absolutely.

I think the CW limit should be increased, and there should just be an actual super heavy division, I wonder what that would do for boxing. Although at the same time I can see that being shit since there are only a couple guys with those type of Klitschko parameters.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #296
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Correction: 168-175 is light heavyweight. 7 pound spread. The one beneath that has an 8 pound spread. Beneath that only 6 pounds make up the middleweight div. But then cruiserweight suddenly jumps to a 25 pound spread. And heavyweight...sky's the limit.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #297
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Diminishing returns. It makes perfect sense.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #298
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What "makes perfect sense"?
Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #299
Butch Coolidge
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I see Szpilka as more of an agile boxer than a big puncher and enduring a badly fractured jaw to win a fight shows he has the mental toughness to be a champion. His footwork and upper body movement make for a style we haven't seen in the heavyweight division in a few years and he is fun to watch. I'd like to see Szpilka fight Dimitrenko, assuming Dimitrenko is still fighting. It would be a clash of contrasting styles.
Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #300
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
What "makes perfect sense"?
The increasing gap in poundage the higher up the weight class if you understand the law of diminishing returns. A 130lb fighter has a much more significant advantage with a 10lb difference against a 120lb fighter than a 140lb fighter has with a 10lb difference over a 130 lb fighter.

Anyone who talks of the need for a SHW division loses nearly all credibility with me and anyone who talks of the need for a SHW division and tries to support their case by saying "they have it in the amateurs" should kill themselves for the benefit of the human species.

Answer your question?
Vysotsky is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum