Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #31
persianprince
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: *Grzegorz Proksa*

No matter what people say and those F*cking british morons, Proksa still won the fight 115-113. It was a robbery and yeah Proksa disappointed big time, but still should've got the W. He needs to get a Strength and Cond. coach!

Besides to all those polish posters: What do you expect new things from him this time, did he say anything he would do different and so on?
persianprince is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #32
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
No matter what people say and those F*cking british morons, Proksa still won the fight 115-113. It was a robbery and yeah Proksa disappointed big time, but still should've got the W. He needs to get a Strength and Cond. coach!

Besides to all those polish posters: What do you expect new things from him this time, did he say anything he would do different and so on?
No new things he just needs to not **** around and try and throw 1 punch at a time.

Proksa is very versatile i see him busting up Hope this time around.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #33
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticLeader View Post
Last time Proksa only had himself to blame...
Yeah and the judges punished him for it.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #34
jordan1
Juan Lopez #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 300

Proskkkaaaa!!!!!!!
jordan1 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #35
Gaikokujin
外国人
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
I don't think the ref did too much wrong, though I did score the fight 7-5 in Proksa's favour. I saw it live though, and haven't seen it again since. To me, it seemed that Proksa was simply looking to take Hope out with a single shot, especially after the cut. If he boxed, he would have won the fight by wider margins and beyond any doubt. Proksa will win outbox and possibly knock Hope out in the rematch, Hope is simply cashing in
I was there too (will be again on Saturday) and I saw it exactly the same as you. I told my mates who I was with before the fight even started that GP would go all out for a quick finish and that's pretty much what he did. If he hadn't been hampered with the cut quite so early he might've been a bit more composed, but he seemed to panic once that happened and just wanted to get the fight over asap.

In the end a combination of bad luck and below par conditioning/in ring smarts is what cost him, and absolutely **** all to do with the ref/judges like the trolls might have you think. Can't see lightning striking twice though...Proksa should be able to get the job done this time (likely within the distance imo)
Gaikokujin is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #36
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaikokujin View Post
I was there too (will be again on Saturday) and I saw it exactly the same as you. I told my mates who I was with before the fight even started that GP would go all out for a quick finish and that's pretty much what he did. If he hadn't been hampered with the cut quite so early he might've been a bit more composed, but he seemed to panic once that happened and just wanted to get the fight over asap.

In the end a combination of bad luck and below par conditioning/in ring smarts is what cost him, and absolutely **** all to do with the ref/judges like the trolls might have you think. Can't see lightning striking twice though...Proksa should be able to get the job done this time (likely within the distance imo)
The only good thing for Proksa to come out of the first fight with Hope is a solid KICK IN THE ASS....stop ****ing around in the ring and use your skills.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #37
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
Proksa still won the fight 115-113. It was a robbery
How do you not see the flaw in those two comments?
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #38
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
No new things he just needs to not **** around and try and throw 1 punch at a time.

Proksa is very versatile i see him busting up Hope this time around.
Finally watched his fight with Hope. Proksa clearly won the fight in spite of a poor performance. He stopped going to the body after the 2nd round which was a huge mistake. Even the UK commemtators had Proksa winning comfortable yet after Hope was announced the winner acted like it was reasonable and semi expected.

Proksa needs to win this one to get back on track, preferably with a stoppage to make a statement and also to ensure he doesnt get robbed in the UK. If he loses this he's pretty ****ed.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #39
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
If he loses this he's pretty ****ed.

Honestly with the seemingly large amount of talent he possesses his career has been stagnant, and with his older age, he hasn't gotten anywhere yet in boxing to where he should be by now. His road has been a very rocky one to say the least, and he also has himself to blame for this and the people he surrounds himself with.

Last edited by turbina; 07-07-2012 at 08:07 PM.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #40
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Fantastic comeback fight, dispelling any doubts over the first fight. Congratz Super G. Let's hope he can get Barker or Lee soon.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #41
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Fantastic comeback fight, dispelling any doubts over the first fight. Congratz Super G. Let's hope he can get Barker or Lee soon.
I haven't seen the fight yet, but it went as most predicted it would/ Proksa didn't underestimate Hope this time and came in more focused and the gulf showed.

How do you feel he would do against Barker? Personally I think Barker beats him, but that's not down to any bias because Barker is British. Interested to hear what an inbiased Polish view is.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #42
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
I haven't seen the fight yet, but it went as most predicted it would/ Proksa didn't underestimate Hope this time and came in more focused and the gulf showed.

How do you feel he would do against Barker? Personally I think Barker beats him, but that's not down to any bias because Barker is British. Interested to hear what an inbiased Polish view is.

Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #43
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Roger View Post

There are some unbiased Polish posters here. It's just the few trolls who give them a bad name, in the same way that a few idiot Brit posters ruin our rep with non Brits.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 04:06 AM   #44
PartALLthaTImE
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2258

I think Proksa beats Barker by brutal beat-down.

Barker will not be able to deal with the power, speed, style and combinations of Proksa.

Barker will underestimate Proksa - he will see Proksa as broadly similar level to Hope, his statements have shown this.

Though I am not a Pole - I LOVE seeing Proksa fight. He has a fantastic style, no doubt he will put Barker in to REAL trouble.

Anyone who predicts an "easy win" for Barker is a moron.
PartALLthaTImE is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #45
raymann
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartALLthaTImE View Post
I think Proksa beats Barker by brutal beat-down.

Barker will not be able to deal with the power, speed, style and combinations of Proksa.

Barker will underestimate Proksa - he will see Proksa as broadly similar level to Hope, his statements have shown this.

Though I am not a Pole - I LOVE seeing Proksa fight. He has a fantastic style, no doubt he will put Barker in to REAL trouble.

Anyone who predicts an "easy win" for Barker is a moron.
so your saying the man who went 20 rounds with kerry hope will brutally beat down barker in a manner that sergio martinez couldnt? let me guess, polish?
raymann is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum