Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-08-2012, 02:35 AM   #1
Big N Bad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Cuban boxers have this air of confidence and control

have you noticed that?
look at the following guys: odlainer solis, guilermo rigo, and the rising heavyweight luis ortiz.

they have this air confidence and control like no other fighters and seem the boss in their fights.
these guys really know how to fight as they usually have alot of experience. maybe thats why guys like ortiz n solis dont care too much about looking physically good, more about the skill.
these guys fight in a nonchalant manner, slow the fight down to THEIR pace and watch every move you do AND then execute it with precision.

british fighters with alot of experience dont have that.

look at frankie gavin or degale, they cant control guys like some of the cubans i mentioned above. they get flustered easily.

i guess they have been in so many fights, they know what to expect, the counters they should deliever and are masters at picking their shots.

one thing i must point out, the thread about 'cuban boxing secrets' if you master that system of shadow boxing they do over there, you will progress leaps and bounds and quick as you will be working every possible situation combination preparing you for real time and i believe the cubans are big on shadow boxing.
Big N Bad is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Spooner21
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Cuban boxers have this air of confidence and control

look no further then teofilo stevenson. how calm and collected he was in the ring, biding his time, controlling the pace of the fight. they are amazing fighters to watch
Spooner21 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing