boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #16
billy boy balbo

vCash: 75
Default Re: scott harrison vs john murray

even if harrison does beat everyone in sight i still dont think burns would give him the fight
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
megalala
Journeyman

vCash: 500

I have followed Murray's career and if i am honest i thought he would eat Mitchell alive. Show's what i know!!
But i agree this fight if made would be of huge interest and would give both fighters exposure. Bring it on please
megalala is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #18
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

john murray is finished as a boxer. I have followed his career and he was badly managed when he was with hennesy and then when he switched with ****** he took 3 beatings, mitchell and rios beat the fight out of murray and the third fighter who was unheard of matched him. and since the rios fight he's gone under the radar. so its not like harrison doesn't have a chance.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #19
bigped69

get this on the burns undercard, dont want harrison fighting another stiff we want a solid test,
bigped69 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #20
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

No one could trade with the young Scotty and win, if you brawled you lost.
Would be a right interesting matchup this... cos we are still to really find out if Scotty still has the punch resistance of old, & Murray would certainly put that to the test.

man, its ****in great talking about Scotty again
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #21
zulander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
john murray is finished as a boxer. I have followed his career and he was badly managed when he was with hennesy and then when he switched with ****** he took 3 beatings, mitchell and rios beat the fight out of murray and the third fighter who was unheard of matched him. and since the rios fight he's gone under the radar. so its not like harrison doesn't have a chance.

This. Give Harrison another say 2fights to get eveything ticking again and then id go right after Murray. Nothing to fear a pressure fighter who fights in straight lines, who isnt a puncher but at least he will come and have a go which Scott will need. This will really tell us how much Scott has left who knows we might find out his chin isnt up to it
zulander is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #22
Macky
Belt holder
ESB Addict

John Murray beats Harrison pritty handy.

People need to chill out, let him face some1 remotely decent and then judge him
Macky is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #23
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

id rather see him fight someone that has a pulse before he steps in the ring with murray
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #24
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1500

ex world champ> ex european champ enough said really imo
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #25
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
No one could trade with the young Scotty and win, if you brawled you lost.
Would be a right interesting matchup this... cos we are still to really find out if Scotty still has the punch resistance of old, & Murray would certainly put that to the test.

man, its ****in great talking about Scotty again
You haven't been in these parts in a while Dunky. Completely agree. Absolutely great to see Harrison back. And what fantastic shape he was in!!
Granted the kid wasn't much cop but he did what he was supposed to do. And considering he's been outside of boxing for 7 plus years i think he looked awesome. Hopefully Harrison can put Scottish boxing back on the map. Was always a massive fan of him back in the day.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #26
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I was just about to make a thread saying let Harrison have another tune up or two and then he fights Murray, with the winner to fight the Mitchell Burns winner.
Still this would be unfair to leave G Rees out of the equation, so how about Harrison vs Rees?
Now I bet that would be good
bailey is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #27
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Now that's a fight.. Derry, Crolla, Rees, Murray, Mitchell and Burns! Best division domestically for me.. Great fights to be made there.. Oh and Harrison
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #28
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
You haven't been in these parts in a while Dunky. Completely agree. Absolutely great to see Harrison back. And what fantastic shape he was in!!
Granted the kid wasn't much cop but he did what he was supposed to do. And considering he's been outside of boxing for 7 plus years i think he looked awesome. Hopefully Harrison can put Scottish boxing back on the map. Was always a massive fan of him back in the day.
Good to hear from you as always Scurla Aye, I have been quiet for a while, but you know me, I was always such a big fan of scotty that when he came back, its re-lit my touchpaper as it were, & here I am again, nearly bloody 40 now, but still feel like a kid in a sweetie shop discussing my old hero who is somehow back from the dead Im just going to enjoy it while it lasts scurla, & as for his ridiculous build, he came out of prison built like that, he must have been going mad on the weights inside

Love him or hate him, scottys pure box office, so its gonna be fun while it lasts
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #29
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Does anyone know a date we'll see Scott back? He's got to try to be as active as possible this year and get his timing back.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 04:20 AM   #30
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Good to hear from you as always Scurla Aye, I have been quiet for a while, but you know me, I was always such a big fan of scotty that when he came back, its re-lit my touchpaper as it were, & here I am again, nearly bloody 40 now, but still feel like a kid in a sweetie shop discussing my old hero who is somehow back from the dead Im just going to enjoy it while it lasts scurla, & as for his ridiculous build, he came out of prison built like that, he must have been going mad on the weights inside

Love him or hate him, scottys pure box office, so its gonna be fun while it lasts
The one place Scott has always been safe was in the ring. Judging by his conditioning alone he sure isn't going to make featherweight again but he's definitely going to be teak tough light weight on the domestic scene much less the world scene. Here's hoping his comeback is a good one.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum