Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #46
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Did you know compubox is two guys pressing buttons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick557 View Post
I did know that.

Did you know that they use Al Haymons kids to do the counting?
Someone has allot of explaining to do..... Al are you sure those yo kids man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
This is compubox:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That is all.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #47
crimson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Your statement here is full retard! How do you know what Quality was there or not? I mean let me just ask you this explain to me why you think Manny shots had more quality?

Truth is Manny never really hurt Tim in that fight, but he often gets TOO MUCH credit simply because he is known as a puncher. So often fans assume that just because he is landing shots his shots are doing more damage.

No sir thats not always the case, Manny looked very different in that fight his shots did not seem to have the same steam on them as we have seen in the Margarito fight, The cotto fight or the Hatton fight.

Mannys shots looked alot different to me the night he fought Tim, Now this could be either an off night, His heart isnt in the sport anymore or he is coming down off of them damn steroids.

I suggest Tim had alot to do with it as well he limted Mannys best weapon for the most part. Tim did land just as good as Manny did, but because he is not known as a puncher somehow its okay to deny him the credit for his shots?

I dont think so, Clean effective punching does not mean you win in that area because your the harder puncher. Tim had enough on his shots that even with two flat Tires Manny knew better than to just try and steam roll him....
You went full retard mode on your reply. Try rereading my post.

My point was that CompuBox guys are instructed to make no judgement on the quality of the punch. The need to make only a distinction between jab and power punch. If you look at the video, the video poster obviously missed some punches probably because he felt the punch was ineffective (like the arm punch to the body early in the round and a grazing shot to the head). Not to mention he is depending on a slow motion of a broadcast. If you are a hardcore boxing fan you should know that is very different when seating ringside visually and aurally.

It could be a grazing punch to the shoulder, but they must count it.

I say only half retard because CompuBox is obviously flawed. Even HBO announcers have said this, but as they said, "It is the ONLY system viable right now".

Until a ****ing computer and a cyborg can come up with a better system, it is what it is. What makes it worse if ****ing fans and hardcore fans alike taking it as some holy numbers and crying when it does not support their agenda.

CompuBox is GENERALLY accurate but it is not perfect.
crimson is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #48
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Someone has allot of explaining to do..... Al are you sure those yo kids man
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum