Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
Adz8916
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Vegan diet

I'm currently into the fourth day and to be perfectly honest, I don't miss meat at all. From doing my research, I've actually found that you can easily get your adequate supply of protein, carbohydrates, and other nutrients. First few days I felt quite lethargic, possibly not having a sufficient enough intake of calories. First week is always hardest, by far.

At present I'm struggling to find dry tofu or tempeh as a source of protein, but hemp protein in a powder form is always available. Spirulina is also a very healthy organic product. It's made from algae believe it or not and contains approximately 60% protein.

Once I properly get into this routine I will start to introduce some exercise. Anyone else ever considered or have experienced a vegan diet during sport? Can anyone recommend a good vegan diet plan?

Thanks!
Adz8916 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
markiepoop
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 650
Default Re: Vegan diet

Props to you for going vegan, i tried it too but only managed to last for about ~11 days before i gave up. can't blame me though, i hate greens alot and prior to that i ate close to zero veggies in my normal meals!

Sorry i have no advice to offer you, not well-experienced in this area I have a friend who is vegan though. He drinks protein shakes regularly and eats lots of nuts and tofu
markiepoop is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Adz8916
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Vegan diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiepoop View Post
Props to you for going vegan, i tried it too but only managed to last for about ~11 days before i gave up. can't blame me though, i hate greens alot and prior to that i ate close to zero veggies in my normal meals!

Sorry i have no advice to offer you, not well-experienced in this area I have a friend who is vegan though. He drinks protein shakes regularly and eats lots of nuts and tofu
And what condition is he in? Does he ever feel drained or anything?
Adz8916 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing