Old 07-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #16
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's underrated footwork & feints

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
So because Harold Lederman (genuine mong) says Mayweather is two rounds up that means it's a fact.

Retard.
It was not a easy fight for Floyd Mayweather, if it was..! Why the **** was Manny Stewart giving Ricky Hatton credit during the fight..? Why was he stating that Floyd Mayweather was uncomfortable....?

These are all situations, that happened in 2007 during this fight.

Proving that i am completely and utterly right, in stating that it was not a easy fight for Floyd Mayweather.

Like i said it is a complete myth, that it was a easy fight for Mayweather. And this myth has got way out of hand.......

Just like the myth that Muhammad Ali laid on the ropes in the rumble in the jungle, and took punches and weathered the stormed until Foreman tired out. Muhammad Ali won 4 of the first 5 rounds, the fight was pretty much over and predictable after 5 rounds. Joe Frazier was sitting ringside, and live on air he predicated that Muhammad Ali would stopped George Foreman. The Rope a dope, was a art and the skill of fighting off the ropes.......slipping punches, tying the other guy up, landing counter punches, landing punches as the other guy comes in....

People forget that Muhammad Ali did a job on Foreman..!
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #17
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Its a myth that he started to pull away...

Ricky Hatton was in the fight until the stoppage.

Mayweather could of slicked Cotto's ass, but he deliberatly fought Cotto head on.
Like I said, Hatton was competitive in every round, as was Cotto. But Mayweathers class in both fights was clear.

As a side note, Hatton v Pacquiao could have been one of the all time great fights if Ricky's head was right that day. Cracking 2 rounds of action
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #18
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hatton was magical on the way up, but after Tszyu it became a circus and he became deluded/paranoid/grandiose/ill.
atberry is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
Tdog
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Are u being serious cotto competitive he's one of my favourite fighters but for the majority of that fight he was in a shell.
Tdog is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #20
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
Like I said, Hatton was competitive in every round, as was Cotto. But Mayweathers class in both fights was clear.

As a side note, Hatton v Pacquiao could have been one of the all time great fights if Ricky's head was right that day. Cracking 2 rounds of action
But the difference between Hatton vs Mayweather! and Cotto vs Mayweather fights are....

Deep down, everybody knows that Floyd Mayweather made his fight against Miguel Cotto more competitive, by choosing to fight Cotto inside of the pocket for Large portions of the fight.

Floyd Mayweather stated it himself post fight. People have questioned weather he can beat guys down and take them apart, instead of just systematically out pointing fighters!

Floyd Mayweather could of easily just out pointed, Miguel Cotto. And used his movement, put more emphasis on the speed of his footwork and positioning.

But the Floyd Mayweather decided to get Denzel on Cotto' ass.......Denzel Washington Man on Fire..! On his ass!!

Which resulted in a more entertaining fight, and a more violent fight. In which both fighters sustained damage, and Miguel Cotto being the fighter who was subjected to the most violent damage.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #21
Tdog
Journeyman

When Floyd go Denzel he tear anyone up big up creasey bear!
Tdog is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #22
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Hatton nearly knocked Mayweather down in round 1. I honestly think he could have won if it wasn't for that git Cortez. Hatton was also great at spinning off to the side and smashing in those body shots.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #23
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Another complete myth that seems to circulate the boxing forums is that PBF had an easy time with ODLH too. I'll say it again, Mayweather is a ducker and a master of timing fights, he ducked Mosley at LW (despite what people say now), ducked Cotto till he lost twice, ducked Hatton til he looked beatable against Collazo, ducked Margarito, ducked Williams and is now ducking Pacquiao. He didn't give a shit about all this drug testing til Pac came along and he needed a way out.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #24
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

Hatton had a decent dig, but not knock out power at world level; of course he had a fair bit more to his game than just blindly trying to lay punches on opponents.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #25
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
Another complete myth that seems to circulate the boxing forums is that PBF had an easy time with ODLH too. I'll say it again, Mayweather is a ducker and a master of timing fights, he ducked Mosley at LW (despite what people say now), ducked Cotto till he lost twice, ducked Hatton til he looked beatable against Collazo, ducked Margarito, ducked Williams and is now ducking Pacquiao. He didn't give a shit about all this drug testing til Pac came along and he needed a way out.
I agree! The fight could of went ether way.

I am ****ing sick of these myths.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #26
BoxingObserver
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I am with Primdona Kool, anyone who disagrees is a hater.
BoxingObserver is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #27
S_o_F
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 520

I do think Hatton was competitive but there was a point in the fight where I said to myself "he will get stopped here". He was taking a few too many clean blows and was starting to get visably shaken everytime they landed. Cortez did not do him any favors but I do think he vastly under estimated Floyds inside game aswell.

I didnt have it as close as Manny or Lederman either!
S_o_F is online now  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #28
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_o_F View Post
I do think Hatton was competitive but there was a point in the fight where I said to myself "he will get stopped here". He was taking a few too many clean blows and was starting to get visably shaken everytime they landed. Cortez did not do him any favors but I do think he vastly under estimated Floyds inside game aswell.

I didnt have it as close as Manny or Lederman either!
rd 8 was the killer.

got pummeled in that round.

floyd boxed him in the 9th.

found the punches to take him out in the 10th.

decent performance from rick.

in truth floyd had it under control all the way though.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum