Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #76
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Give me my E-Pint back scumbag
Ok, ok, sorry man. You bought one for me. I'll just buy him his own. Besides, that's what I had to do. Do you actually think that Stoo or I could give away our drinks?

I drank the one you gave me, and decided to get one for Stoo. I drank half of it on the way over, and told him I was sharing the one you got for me.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #77
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Long post. But not an aggressive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
WTF are you blagbbering about again ??

First, you are the one that bring Shogun into this.....second after Rek say this...



You answered this....




You are the one that bring the excuse around...
That's a friendly, joking, slightly smart-assed comment. You can tell by the laughing emoticon and the thumbs-up at the end. I thought. I'm not automatically hostile to everyone who doesn't have exactly the same opinions as I do, you know. That's strange around here, but it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Now before you start ranting about Shogun fan being biased....From a certain point of view I can agree with you, people give alot of excuse for Shogun for his loss...
Yes they ****ing do. For the Forrest loss. And the Jones loss. And every time Shogun loses or looks bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Nobody tried to take out the credit of Forrest, the only thing we are saying is that....he isn't that good compared to Shogun, yeah he beat him...
Nobody tries to take away the credit of Forrest?

Any time anybody makes excuses about Shogun being an out-of-shape cripple, that's taking credit away from Forrest. Oh Forrest didn't REALLY beat the REAL Shogun, so it doesn't count. This Shogun was coming off surgery and wasn't roided to this eyeballs, so he didn't look quite as good. But Shogun sure as hell beat the REAL Forrest in Brazil, of course.

Was Forrest ever viewed as the unstoppable force that Shogun was for a year or so? No.

Does Forrest have a better list of career victories, or a smaller list of embarrassing losses? No.

Would peak Shogun beat peak Forrest? Most likely, yes.

But the fact is, Forrest has a dominant submission win over Shogun. And Shogun has a dominant KO victory over Forrest. Both losers had excuses which could explain their below-par performance, IF fans choose to accept them. Personally, I don't accept excuses and assumptions about what "would" have happened "if".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
But the rematch showed who is the better man....

You trying to argue about this is just....
Sure, in your opinion. (And in mine, to be fair.)

But the record says they are 1-1.

How do you know how much Forrest's wife being in labour on another continent negatively impacted his performance? You don't. Neither do I. It's impossible to know. All we can know is what happened in the cage.

I would say that objectively, Shogun appears the better fighter. But that doesn't mean that Forrest can't beat him anyway. BJ Penn is objectively greater than Frankie Edgar, but he lost to him fair and square twice. Tyson was better than Douglas, but he got schooled and then KOed.

Plus, in Shogun's case, we can't fairly look at him as a roided-out monster in PRIDE and judge him by the same standards as a guy like Forrest who is pissing in cups for the Nevada athletic commission. Give prime Forrest a complete pass to roid as much as he wants, and who knows how much better he looks?

Anyway, what it comes down to is that certain guys get all kinds of excuses made for them every time they have a bad performance. Shogun is one of those guys. And other fighters get denied credit for anything they achieve in their careers. Forrest is one of them. The double standard annoys me. I don't honestly use Forrest's wife being in labour as an excuse to handwave away Shogun's victory and pretend it never happened. I apply the exact same standard to Shogun.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:10 AM   #78
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Long post. But not an aggressive one.



That's a friendly, joking, slightly smart-assed comment. You can tell by the laughing emoticon and the thumbs-up at the end. I thought. I'm not automatically hostile to everyone who doesn't have exactly the same opinions as I do, you know. That's strange around here, but it's true.
Maybe from your side of the computer, but not from everyone point of view..

As an exemple, I use the emoticon in a scarcastic way...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Yes they ****ing do. For the Forrest loss. And the Jones loss. And every time Shogun loses or looks bad.

Nobody tries to take away the credit of Forrest?

Any time anybody makes excuses about Shogun being an out-of-shape cripple, that's taking credit away from Forrest. Oh Forrest didn't REALLY beat the REAL Shogun, so it doesn't count. This Shogun was coming off surgery and wasn't roided to this eyeballs, so he didn't look quite as good. But Shogun sure as hell beat the REAL Forrest in Brazil, of course.
Maybe you see it that way, but you can't deny he was in bad shape....

It's not really an excuse, it's more or less a fact, like saying Shogun is one of Forrest best win !


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Was Forrest ever viewed as the unstoppable force that Shogun was for a year or so? No.

Does Forrest have a better list of career victories, or a smaller list of embarrassing losses? No.

Would peak Shogun beat peak Forrest? Most likely, yes.

But the fact is, Forrest has a dominant submission win over Shogun. And Shogun has a dominant KO victory over Forrest. Both losers had excuses which could explain their below-par performance, IF fans choose to accept them. Personally, I don't accept excuses and assumptions about what "would" have happened "if".
The "would" happened in the rematch....the correct word is "was".

If the rematch wouldn't have happened you would have a point...

Now what your are saying is that we need a rubber match... !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Sure, in your opinion. (And in mine, to be fair.)
Not by my opinion....by the opinion or prolly 99.9% of the MMA community...anybody not agreeing with this is a complete ****tard !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
But the record says they are 1-1.

How do you know how much Forrest's wife being in labour on another continent negatively impacted his performance? You don't. Neither do I. It's impossible to know. All we can know is what happened in the cage.
Totally agree...the only thing I can say is that if it did matter to him, then he is a complete retard. And you can't deny that there is a HUGE difference between being physically ill and not being able to train properly for a fight and not ebing able to be there when your wife gets into labor.

Not saying the psychological factor isn't important...but like I said earlier, not the same thing at all !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
I would say that objectively, Shogun appears the better fighter. But that doesn't mean that Forrest can't beat him anyway. BJ Penn is objectively greater than Frankie Edgar, but he lost to him fair and square twice. Tyson was better than Douglas, but he got schooled and then KOed.

Taking 2 guy known for having bad training habit was voluntary ?

Because if my memory is correct didn't Tyson lost to Douglas because he didn't train at all and ****ed 10 japanese hoes the night before or something like that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Plus, in Shogun's case, we can't fairly look at him as a roided-out monster in PRIDE and judge him by the same standards as a guy like Forrest who is pissing in cups for the Nevada athletic commission. Give prime Forrest a complete pass to roid as much as he wants, and who knows how much better he looks?
Since when roids can help you develop a chin ? Or any skills ?

Yes for the gaz tank and maybe strenght...but both those thing wouldn't help him against Shogun.

And...why bringing roids into this ? It doesn't have anything to do with the subject ? Or once again are you trying to "bash" pride ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Anyway, what it comes down to is that certain guys get all kinds of excuses made for them every time they have a bad performance. Shogun is one of those guys. And other fighters get denied credit for anything they achieve in their careers. Forrest is one of them. The double standard annoys me. I don't honestly use Forrest's wife being in labour as an excuse to handwave away Shogun's victory and pretend it never happened. I apply the exact same standard to Shogun.
Coming from a guy using double standards all the time that kinda surprise me.

But I don't see how stating that Shogun wasn't in his best shape ever in the first Griffin fight is taking away Forrest victory because in the end you will still say...Forrest Griffin won against Shogun Rua while he wasn't in the best shape of his life.

You see, I said Forrest Griffin won against Shogun...he won...after 14 minute 45 seconde.

And then Shogun won in the rematch within 2 minutes....


On another note...I didn't had the time in my previous post to post everything I wanted I was at work....but I just wanna say you don't find it ironic that you called Stoo a troll when you were the one trying to troll Scurla ?

Or is it me, like always it seems, that don't get everything from the shitty emoticon ?

Last edited by Ne5ville14; 07-11-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #79
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!



Good luck with that one nev
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #80
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Not going any further...

Anyway he reads and types so fast he would have prolly already answered by now...
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #81
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Not going any further...

Anyway he reads and types so fast he would have prolly already answered by now...
Dinner is cooking on the stovetop and a friend is over. Will return later.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #82
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Dinner is cooking on the stovetop and a friend is over. Will return later.

Not good enough, you had at least 10 min to reply, you manage to reply to another thread while I was posting !!!

You are supposed to be the speedy gonzalez of posting...

I'm not impressed by your performance !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #83
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
No matter what happens in his UFC life, nothing can be as bad as the Anderson Silva fight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



How did I missed that gem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Griffin View Post
...I tried to punch him...I tried to punch him.. but he litteraly moved his head out of the way and looked at me like I was stupid for doing it...He looked at me like why would you do such a stupid thing...
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #84
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inside the bubble ;)
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
I think he honeslty thought he lost the fight... !
Then just left to give Tito the mic...but he won....so he tried to share the momeent with Tito...
Yep. Although that appears to be true, he did **** Tito's farewell up royally!
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #85
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inside the bubble ;)
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
No matter what happens in his UFC life, nothing can be as bad as the Anderson Silva fight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Griffin is hilarious.
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013