Old 07-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #46
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ingle Amateurism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Who's Floyd Mayweather's strength and conditioning coach..?
Floyd is a bit of a freak, you see him drinking coke and eating chicken nuggets during camp but he has amazing boxing skills and ring craft to rely on. Also Floyd doesnt have a problem with gassing, Kell clearly does so why not bring a S&A coach on board.
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #47
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt99 View Post
a body builder is absolutely no hope to a boxer. Body builders arent athletes they just bulk up, kinda the opposite to what a boxer needs
Then Dom could go and ask His Sister, if He was stuck .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #48
Bazzel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli&lemon View Post
If that's the case, what are going to be the excuses when Khan gases after the 5th round if Garcia pressurises him but yet guys like Floyd can maintain that level for the full 12 rounds. Explanations have to be lookd at scientifically rather than "next time we'll do this differently, we'll try these exercises instead". No one in Khan's camp has tried to address this problem with Khan over the last few years other then changing s&c coaches regularly - has this helped Khan in fights to not gas or improved his consistency regardless of the style of a fighter (stamina wise I mean). They should go up to Loughborough Uni and get some help from those guys, they are in the know when it comes to sports nutrition.
These cats
Bazzel is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #49
Bazzel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli&lemon View Post
When have I ever said that, I merely pointed out that there are levels in every field, guys who do a couple of years of working as s&c coaches after completing the theoretical side via a 3yrs bachelors at a polytechnic aren't anyway near as accomplished as someone with decades of experience in the field of nutrition which includes carrying out research and teaching at top institutions (not polytechs). The difference between the top institutions and polytechs is massive - the theory learned here has a massive impact on what one goes on to apply practically and ones thought pattern (its's also true in the practical working world) - does that mean guys like tabares et al are shoddy, of course not, but they can never have more knowledge then someone engulfed in research etc at the top institutions.
These cats
Bazzel is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #50
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Did anyone else notice the chaos in the Ingle corner? Didnt hear much advice coming from Ingle, seemed to spend most of his time shouting at his other corner men. With the revealing interview by Hearn it sounds like the camp are a bunch of amateurs! Kell's a pro on the edge of getting a world title shot and he doesnt have a strength and conditioning coach.... Change needs to happen for Kell
It looked pretty chaotic at times yes , agree totally

A S&C coach is not a given for boxers , and there is still a question mark over what it is a S&C coach can actually do for a boxer that a coach cannot , in terms of methods of training , I'm with Matthew Macklin on this issue , fighting gets you fit , as fit as you need to be in the required areas

Nutriton , is very important though , and i don't see why Kell Brook shouldn't be consulting a nutrition expert to help him with that
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #51
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
a body builder is absolutely no hope to a boxer. Body builders arent athletes they just bulk up, kinda the opposite to what a boxer needs
Body builders understand what food does to the body , what fuel achieves what result , this is something Brook himself confesses to know little about

" Just bulking up " requires a depth of knowledge about sports nutrition that goes beyond what you may think , its a science and good , professional body builders know there shit on nutrition
Old 07-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #52
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Then Dom could go and ask His Sister, if He was stuck .
Who is a Dr in Sports Science
scrap is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #53
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Who's Floyd Mayweather's strength and conditioning coach..?
Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #54
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Body builders understand what food does to the body , what fuel achieves what result , this is something Brook himself confesses to know little about

" Just bulking up " requires a depth of knowledge about sports nutrition that goes beyond what you may think , its a science and good , professional body builders know there shit on nutrition
sorry i Cant take body builders seriously
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #55
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It looked pretty chaotic at times yes , agree totally

A S&C coach is not a given for boxers , and there is still a question mark over what it is a S&C coach can actually do for a boxer that a coach cannot , in terms of methods of training , I'm with Matthew Macklin on this issue , fighting gets you fit , as fit as you need to be in the required areas

Nutriton , is very important though , and i don't see why Kell Brook shouldn't be consulting a nutrition expert to help him with that
The old school style suites some fighters but others need that extra edge, Kell obviously needs help in his conditioning so why not try a S&A coach and lose the weight correctly as well.
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #56
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
The old school style suites some fighters but others need that extra edge, Kell obviously needs help in his conditioning so why not try a S&A coach and lose the weight correctly as well.
Like i said , theres a question mark over the thing , no right or wrongs , for MMA i believe its pretty essential , for boxers maybe not , thats just my opinion , but hey what works for a fighter works , if Brook feels he needs input from a S&C expert to take him to another level then why not
Old 07-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #57
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
sorry i Cant take body builders seriously
In what aspect ???
Old 07-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #58
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
In what aspect ???
all
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #59
Daytripper

I remember my Father going to watch Johnny Nelson in a fight against Carlos Deleon and Commenting that the fight was absolutely terrible to watch but the entertainment value of Brendan Ingle giving Johnny Neslon a shellacking in the corner was well worth the the money.

Maybe it's just their way,it was only a few weeks back when Heavyweight prospect Towers was getting the verbals off Ingle.Seemed to pull him through.But when new prospect Kid Galahad found himself on the canvas in the first round against Jason Booth the corner seemed calm throughout.Brendan always seemed to be very vociferous and animated in the corner with Naz even when Naz was in control.I suppose every fighter has certain buttons that need pressing in certain circumstances.
I did notice in the Brook fight that a few people at ringside were leaving their seats and
Bawling up at Brook one was Ryan Rhodes not sure who the others were as I was sat too far back.
watching it back Ingle was giving them the verbals anyone else notice this?
Daytripper is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum