Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
jonnytightlips
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 900
Default Re: Khan constantly referring to himself as 'we'

Ricky Hatton really did my head in talking about himself in the first person shit. The Rock is the only man in the world that can do that.
jonnytightlips is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
Clarky Cat
Stalwart
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnytightlips View Post
Ricky Hatton really did my head in talking about himself in the first person* shit. The Rock is the only man in the world that can do that.
*third person
Clarky Cat is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #18
RNS
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I would much rather hear Khan say "we" every sentence than the Ricky Hatton say "lickle"...

I believe the irritatiing "lickle" was Pacquiao's motivation to KO Hatton in such brutal fashion
RNS is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

he's using the royal 'we' ****heads

because He is The King!

War Khan!
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #20
Camaris
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt99 View Post
Does it annoy anyone else? I find it even more annoying thAn boxers referring to themselves in third person (Ricky Hatton was the master at that)

"We dropped the right hand when we got caught by the first left hook"
"he caught US right on the button"
"We know what mistake we made"
The interviewer even pulled him up on it! He then did take more responsibility but hes got the wrong mindset. Hes been brave doing all these interviews but he needs to take responsibility.
Hi Dirt - thanks for making this thread. I'd noticed Amir Khan banging on about "we" and "us" for a few years now. It's always got right on my tits, but I thought I was mostly alone in finding it annoying, as I can tell people get slightly scared and concerned when I start yelling at them about it down the pub.
Camaris is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 505

Quote:
To be fair to him it could just be a habit, like how F1 and tennis players say "for sure" all the time
That's not a sports habit, Europeans say it all the time when speaking English, especially the Scandi's and Dutch.
Maximus is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Does it annoy anyone else? I find it even more annoying thAn boxers referring to themselves in third person (Ricky Hatton was the master at that)

"We dropped the right hand when we got caught by the first left hook"
"he caught US right on the button"
"We know what mistake we made"
The interviewer even pulled him up on it! He then did take more responsibility but hes got the wrong mindset. Hes been brave doing all these interviews but he needs to take responsibility.
Its physiologically my friend , looking for somewhere else to lay blame subconsciously , its also delusion , if he would of won , it would of been I , I , I ..........................

Its very interesting to study and watch a deluded man refusing to believe the truth , specially a world champion boxer
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #23
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
piss poor thread, but I'll contribute. This habit of saying "we" all the time is an annoying American thing that's started to creep into British fighters as well. Why are they trying to ape these Americans?

"well you know, we gonna knock his ass out, we got mayweather promotions, we got cash flow, you know we 41 and 0 baby. We got mayweather promotions, and uh we do it with hard work and dedication baby"

Not quite as annoying as "well first of all I wanna thank God for this victory".
You're right about the thanking god thing. I'm atheist but i'm sure if there was a god he wouldn't bless a man to knock another unconscious.
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #24
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I know this isn't really thread worthy but its been grinding my gears. Would of done better in the general but i don't want to be associated with those peasants.

I was thinking of making a thread about the most annoying people in boxing today. Maybe do a p4p top 10 of the most annoying. A few names that spring to mind: leonard ellerbe, bernd boente, Garcia's dad, the Mayweathers, Andre Wards coach, Shaw.... anyone else want to contribute?
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #25
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I know this isn't really thread worthy but its been grinding my gears. Would of done better in the general but i don't want to be associated with those peasants.

I was thinking of making a thread about the most annoying people in boxing today. Maybe do a p4p top 10 of the most annoying. A few names that spring to mind: leonard ellerbe, bernd boente, Garcia's dad, the Mayweathers, Andre Wards coach, Shaw.... anyone else want to contribute?
Put it in the lounge mate. It will get moved there anyway. Saj Mohammed is the first name that sprang to mind. Never even heard the ****er speak or anything, but I read his twitter today. What a cunt that man is.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #26
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:

if it goes over 1 page its thread worthy mate
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #27
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Put it in the lounge mate. It will get moved there anyway. Saj Mohammed is the first name that sprang to mind. Never even heard the ****er speak or anything, but I read his twitter today. What a cunt that man is.
Saj is just a parasite
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #28
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Allot of formula one drivers, reffer to themselves as "we"......it's giving refference to the team because after all it's a team effort.

I have just typed Lewis Hamilton's name in YouTube and clicked on this post race interview, I have not even watched it......but i am 99.9% sure he will reffer to himself and the team as.."we".

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X-VCtiGSegk[/ame]
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Eh because in pro boxing you have a team, and that's why , thats why trainers have always forever referred to "us getting knocked down etc etc"

what the hells wrong with you are you a noob ?

"
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #30
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Allot of formula one drivers, reffer to themselves as "we"......it's giving refference to the team because after all it's a team effort.

I have just typed Lewis Hamilton's name in YouTube and clicked on this post race interview, I have not even watched it......but i am 99.9% sure he will reffer to himself and the team as.."we".

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

who gives a shit, F1 is a lot more of a team effort than boxing

if khans team was so important to him that he refers to "we" all the time then why does he constantly change his teams
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum