Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #76
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
maybe Dimitrienko will be fed to Helenius? I mean, the guy is pretty much finished, or maybe even Chagaev, another former world champ
and Boytsov should get the other (He seems to be bypassed by the WBC anyway)

Lets say:

Helenius - Chagaev.

Boytsov - Dimitrenko.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #77
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Polska Siła!!!
Posts: 8,819
vCash: 75
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
and Boytsov should get the other (He seems to be bypassed by the WBC anyway)

Lets say:

Helenius - Chagaev.

Boytsov - Dimitrenko.

Helenius TKO9

Boystov TKO

winner of Helenius-Boystov fights Pulev

and they say the HW division lacks good matchups
damian38 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #78
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 12,442
vCash: 702
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
maybe Dimitrienko will be fed to Helenius? I mean, the guy is pretty much finished, or maybe even Chagaev, another former world champ
Robbe's dad and mgr has insisted on former champs and top tier contenders. Both these guys factor in that equation, but Chagaev has not been easy to deal with lately as several decent upncomers have tried to work with him and nothings come off......gotta believe he's under the impression that a rematch with Potvetkin is close and don't want to jeopardize it.

Tiggy has been inactive since his crushing defeat to Mitchell, and Sauerland could likely bring him in for Robbe. But with Briggs scheduled for early 2013, and Robbes team usually being pretty hush hush on his opponents......Im thinking he's going to Dubai.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #79
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 12,442
vCash: 702
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
Helenius TKO9

Boystov TKO

winner of Helenius-Boystov fights Pulev

and they say the HW division lacks good matchups
Plenty of great fights to be made and plenty of prospects and upncomers ready to move up.

This division is stacked. Now, getting some of these made.....well, that's another things altogether.

What the hell are Ustinov and Banks doing under the K2 stable. Defending against Clevel fighters. How's about a few of Suaerlands and Universums and UBP's fighters challenging them and calling them out.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #80
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Robbe's dad and mgr has insisted on former champs and top tier contenders. Both these guys factor in that equation, but Chagaev has not been easy to deal with lately as several decent upncomers have tried to work with him and nothings come off......gotta believe he's under the impression that a rematch with Potvetkin is close and don't want to jeopardize it.

Tiggy has been inactive since his crushing defeat to Mitchell, and Sauerland could likely bring him in for Robbe. But with Briggs scheduled for early 2013, and Robbes team usually being pretty hush hush on his opponents......Im thinking he's going to Dubai.
Read last year that Sauerland had made some deal with UAE (United Arab Emirates) about promoting big pro boxing shows there (And to develop the local amateur scene) Could it be that this is such a show?
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #81
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
Helenius TKO9

Boystov TKO

winner of Helenius-Boystov fights Pulev

and they say the HW division lacks good matchups


Indeed the only problem is to get them in the ring with each other
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #82
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 185
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon Rojo View Post
No!

Look at his record. He never fights tune ups. If his hand is recovered he should fight a world class opponent.
I just think that after a year off, and coming back from crucial injuries, and surgeries, he would deserve a softer touch. . . Not a tomato can by any means, but a guy like Chazz Witherspoon. . . Just to make sure everything is working properly, joints are well oiled, pistons are firing nicely, and in tune.


And hten Travis Walker is not a soft touch AT ALL. . He'd arguably be the best opponent he's fought to date. . As I think he's more dangerous than Chisora. . . BUT, IF a rematch can be worked out with Chisora (who knows where he will be at this time - 5-8 months from now), and he can be licensed, then I'd welcome that with open arms. . Should be his number one priority as soon as he comes back. Set the record straight
king khan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #83
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 1449
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Robbe's dad and mgr has insisted on former champs and top tier contenders. Both these guys factor in that equation, but Chagaev has not been easy to deal with lately as several decent upncomers have tried to work with him and nothings come off......gotta believe he's under the impression that a rematch with Potvetkin is close and don't want to jeopardize it.

Tiggy has been inactive since his crushing defeat to Mitchell, and Sauerland could likely bring him in for Robbe. But with Briggs scheduled for early 2013, and Robbes team usually being pretty hush hush on his opponents......Im thinking he's going to Dubai.

Timur Ibragimov? He won on points a few weeks ago.
Manning is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #84
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 12,442
vCash: 702
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Timur Ibragimov? He won on points a few weeks ago.
Hadnt heard, then again, when he's fighting a can, not much to brag about.

Thanks for the update, at least we know he didnt retire like so many other do when they first get stopped.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #85
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 12,442
vCash: 702
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Read last year that Sauerland had made some deal with UAE (United Arab Emirates) about promoting big pro boxing shows there (And to develop the local amateur scene) Could it be that this is such a show?
We can only hope.

A healthy Helenius vs a monstrous and healthy Briggs.......this one aint going to the cards.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:05 AM   #86
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
We can only hope.

A healthy Helenius vs a monstrous and healthy Briggs.......this one aint going to the cards.

Last edited by Malden; 07-19-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #87
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 1151
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Travis Walker would be a good choise. He is fress off a KO win agaisnt Meehan.
Ivo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #88
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 7,374
vCash: 500
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
I respect Helenius's camp for giving him tough fights

Brewster, Peter, Liakhovic, Chisora are all good names on his resume ( even though everyone had Chisora winning, a rematch with neutral judges is a must)

shame he has all those injury problems, mabe he's not the best boxer, but he has that killer instinct that some of today's heavies lack, when he hurts his opponent, he goes in for the kill

hope he makes a full recovery, a fight with Pulev for the European title would be nice after all the time he was injured
Good post man.

I believe Helenius would fight everyone out there and if someone is holding him it is Sauerland I think he is one of those few guys in todays division who is not afraid to take real challenges. Helenius is not a good boxer and is a pretty stiff looking boxer also but he really has that ferocity on him when he smells blood in there. He can hit like a mule when he lets his damned hands go.

Division need guys like him.

I cant fukin understand we have guys like Jack here who are genuinely happy because his career was on danger to end after shamefull Chisora fight where he injured badly his shoulder. And another prick is Faerun who called him C level bum or something stupid

Last edited by MaliBua; 07-18-2012 at 06:10 PM.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #89
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 1171
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
And another prick is Faerun who called him C level bum or something stupid
Which is exactly what he is, don't kid yourself. I'm not arguing his power but there's hardly anything more to his game than that. He stopped a couple of ancient boxers who used to be good a decade ago because they hardly moved at all. Hell, the fight against Peter was close at the time of the stoppage.

He will amount to nothing. Forget about him.
Faerun is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #90
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Helenius might be out of boxing for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Which is exactly what he is, don't kid yourself. I'm not arguing his power but there's hardly anything more to his game than that. He stopped a couple of ancient boxers who used to be good a decade ago because they hardly moved at all. Hell, the fight against Peter was close at the time of the stoppage.

He will amount to nothing. Forget about him.
No jab, no stamina. None.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013