Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #31
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would the best version of Mark Kerr fare in the current UFC HW division ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Ohhh nooo it's another post from kel that has nothing to do with the sport...

Ignore as usual Gentlemen
He's just mad his lost his sparring partner. Still Smeagol does what he does best. Troll.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #32
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: How would the best version of Mark Kerr fare in the current UFC HW division ?

Quote:
Ohhh nooo it's another post from kel that has nothing to do with the sport...

Ignore as usual Gentlemen
Bit rich coming from you with your smartarse one liners and constant use of songs on youtube to be funny
kel is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #33
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

True, but see above for further details

Email The Beaver if ya lonely pal, you can go throw darts at a pic of Nelson Mandela or whatever you intellectual types love to do
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #34
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:

Email The Beaver if ya lonely pal, you can go throw darts at a pic of Nelson Mandela or whatever you intellectual types love to do
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #35
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Arrrh that's my man, back to what he does best minus the youtube clip
kel is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #36
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Been doing my best with Mandela and the dart board........ silly old ****er won't drop off

I hear he just turned 93yrs
kel is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #37
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
What choo talking bout Willis? You seen any of his ADCC matches? Dude was a STUD. Mark was easily one of the best submission grapplers iv ever seen in MMA.
im wondering the same thing about you?
what are you talking about scurla? he was successful at adcc because of his strength, wrestling and use of the point system. not because of his astonishing submission abilities. mark is tremendous positionally but offensively hes absolutely useless. watch the fight with sperry. mark gets the takedown then spends the whole match stalling, fighting off submission attempts and just generally being terrified to advance.
or watch the barnett fight where he goes from mount to standing because he hasnt got a ****ing clue what to do or how to finish.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #38
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I agree with that Rusty, dont think he was fighting off multiple sub attempts v Sperry though, but havent seen that for a while so I may be wrong. And the fact that he controlled the match and did not get tapped against a guy like Mario shows he could hang with anyone in today's MMA division on the mat, barring Werdum imo

I think when gnp is your bread and butter positioning is all important. Mark showed enough nous in ADCC to not get tapped repeatedly like a Coleman or Randleman, and showed ability to not just get stuck and neutralise in someones guard. He did try to pass, and did tremendous damage in half guard, and it's advancing to side control from there where he won most on his fights
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #39
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
I agree with that Rusty, dont think he was fighting off multiple sub attempts v Sperry though, but havent seen that for a while so I may be wrong. And the fact that he controlled the match and did not get tapped against a guy like Mario shows he could hang with anyone in today's MMA division on the mat, barring Werdum imo

I think when gnp is your bread and butter positioning is all important. Mark showed enough nous in ADCC to not get tapped repeatedly like a Coleman or Randleman, and showed ability to not just get stuck and neutralise in someones guard. He did try to pass, and did tremendous damage in half guard, and it's advancing to side control from there where he won most on his fights
im not trying to give kerr a hard time. but my point is if you stripped 40 pounds of muscle off him he would be lucky to even find the podium at the ADCC much less be one of the best submission grapplers ever seen.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #40
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Probably true, but I dont think Kerr was as big in 99/2000 as he got when he started NHB/MMA full time, looks atleast 10/15 lbs lighter. Be interested to see his weight back then, he was 240 in PRIDE iirc
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum