Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #16
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 75
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Khan would frustrate Hatton early and pepper him with jabs from range...Hatton forces himself on Khan late and grinds him down, stops him late
BretN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #17
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Even though you're a witter fan, I knew you couldn't be that deluded
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #18
foggy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

I immediately thought double knockout.

But really, Hatton brings too much pressure.
foggy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #19
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,579
vCash: 75
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool82 View Post
As much as i loved Hatton could imagine him to have struggled with Khan's hand speed. Hurts me to say but Khan UD

how much did you REALLY love hatton if you can honestly pick Khan to win over 12 rounds thanks to handspeed alone? Hatton would ****ing kill khan
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #20
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South East,England
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 1176
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
how much did you REALLY love hatton if you can honestly pick Khan to win over 12 rounds thanks to handspeed alone? Hatton would ****ing kill khan
Yeah handspeed really doesn't come into this fight,If the Hatton that beat Tzsyu turns up Khan wouldn't see the second half of the fight. **** it, any version of peak Hatton that turns up would destroy Khan. Khan doesn't hit hard enough to deter him. It would be a relentless beating, look how far Khans handspeed got him against Garcia,Peterson and Maidana, sure he beat Maidana and arguably Peterson but they were all able to walk through his fast flurries and make it a hard night for him, peak Hatton makes it ****ing brutal.
lordgore is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #21
Peabob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 237
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

The only chance Khan would have is shooting Ricky with a rifle and hoping the ref didn't notice.
Peabob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #22
JWP
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 447
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

he does seem to be under rated these days hatton, he had already slipped somewhat by the time he fought the magic man yet his destruction of paulie was far more impressive that that of khan's or cotto's for that matter.
JWP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #23
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Hatton via KO seems logical at the minute but I don't like making snap judgements just after a fight, they're always distorted.

Kosta aside, had Ricky beaten anyone as good as Khan? Let's not forget that Amir was a unified champion.
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #24
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Korea via Manchester
Posts: 2,076
vCash: 1667
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Hatton would savage him. Khan has NO inside game at all. That is why Peterson caused him so many problems and Peterson is nothing like the inside fighter Hatton was. Hatton also had good footwork, moved his head and would have cut the ring off very quickly.

Does Khan have enough power to really slow him down and keep him away? No. That jab would land but Hatton would be moving in quickly and backing Khan up. He hit hard enough to the head with the left hook too and Khans idea of defence is to lean on the ropes and hold his arms in front of him.

Hatton was outclassed twice and in the pac fight he was not peak and it showed with how poor he was against Lazcano. In fact when you go back and look at the changes he tried to make in the Malignaggi fight and got praised for, in reality it was just a less effective version of himself.

The Hatton from around the Tsyzu fight time, before and just after would have destroyed Paulie much faster. His shit lifestyle caught up with him and even the best version of him would have lost to PBF and Manny convincingly anyway.

But Khan? Khan gets torn to bits.
Strike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #25
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Hatton would savage him. Khan has NO inside game at all. That is why Peterson caused him so many problems and Peterson is nothing like the inside fighter Hatton was. Hatton also had good footwork, moved his head and would have cut the ring off very quickly.

Does Khan have enough power to really slow him down and keep him away? No. That jab would land but Hatton would be moving in quickly and backing Khan up. He hit hard enough to the head with the left hook too and Khans idea of defence is to lean on the ropes and hold his arms in front of him.

Hatton was outclassed twice and in the pac fight he was not peak and it showed with how poor he was against Lazcano. In fact when you go back and look at the changes he tried to make in the Malignaggi fight and got praised for, in reality it was just a less effective version of himself.

The Hatton from around the Tsyzu fight time, before and just after would have destroyed Paulie much faster. His shit lifestyle caught up with him and even the best version of him would have lost to PBF and Manny convincingly anyway.

But Khan? Khan gets torn to bits.
Spot on analysis
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #26
jonny v
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

they may yet fight???
jonny v is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #27
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ,burnleylancashire
Posts: 2,878
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Hatton via KO seems logical at the minute but I don't like making snap judgements just after a fight, they're always distorted.

Kosta aside, had Ricky beaten anyone as good as Khan? Let's not forget that Amir was a unified champion.
but how good is khan lilo,personally like many have said he is good but not that good,he has been found wanting at world level.
i could name a few on hattons record who are as good as khan but i would spell the ****ers wrong

oh aye,sorry,hatton by early stoppage,but the hatton of now would more than likely lose
widdy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #28
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
but how good is khan lilo,personally like many have said he is good but not that good,he has been found wanting at world level.
i could name a few on hattons record who are as good as khan but i would spell the ****ers wrong

oh aye,sorry,hatton by early stoppage,but the hatton of now would more than likely lose
Khan is still very, very good as his achievements show. Kotelnyk, Malignaggi and Judah performances were excellent.

Hatton wasn't KOing many at world level and was always given problems by handspeed.

We obv rate Khan differently but for me he would be the 3rd best fighter Hatton has faced.

I'm just giving the Khan side here BTW, as I think Hatton is getting so many picks as a kneejerk reaction to Khan's loss.
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #29
RoughD
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 729
vCash: 1807
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Hatton would be all over amir like a rash
I wouldnt be suprised if khan jumped out the ring
Hatton by brutal KO inside 3 rounds
RoughD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #30
RoughD
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 729
vCash: 1807
Default Re: Ricky Hatton v Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Khan is still very, very good as his achievements show. Kotelnyk, Malignaggi and Judah performances were excellent.

Hatton wasn't KOing many at world level and was always given problems by handspeed.

We obv rate Khan differently but for me he would be the 3rd best fighter Hatton has faced.

I'm just giving the Khan side here BTW, as I think Hatton is getting so many picks as a kneejerk reaction to Khan's loss.
Hatton is getting so many picks because its soooooo ****ing obvious khan has NO chin, shit on the inside and doesn't like pressure.
Whats hatton good at? Cutting off the ring, amazing footwork, ruthless inside pressure fighting...it doesn't take a genius to know the outcome of this fight does it
RoughD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013