Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #106
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465
Default Re: *Grzegorz Proksa*

They should be a little more patient. A fight like this would come with time. Not take a big fight like this, and most of all on short notice is the thing.
turbina is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #107
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

I missed the Proksa Hope rematch.

HONESTLY how did Proksa look there?

I know he stopped Hope but can you say the first fight was just bad night for Proksa or?
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #108
mlody841

vCash: 1090

It was a bad night, a very bad night even.

He was not prepared for the fight, has been badly cut in the second rund, did not have his coach in his corner, lost a point, and got screwed by the judges.
mlody841 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #109
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post

I know he stopped Hope but can you say the first fight was just bad night for Proksa or?
Hope looked absolutely clueless in the rematch, even tried to headbutt Grzegorz out of desperation

Super G outclassed him, and by a long margin at that

Proksa from the II fight was at least 2 classes above the one from the I fiight
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #110
gregy741
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOg9uR9CvvU[/ame]

proksa make this British bum looks like a clown...
tho he was a bit ****y and had no defense whatsoever,fighting with his hands down...in his post fight he said he wanted to embarrass hope
gregy741 is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #111
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy741 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

tho he was a bit ****y and had no defense whatsoever,fighting with his hands down...in his post fight he said he wanted to embarrass hope
Proksa's defense may not involve gloves, but he still moves his torso alot to avoid many punches. Gets hit once in a while, but don't make the mistake thinking he has no defense. Actually, if you consider the fact that Proksa is almost always in the pocket and is so attack oriented, he doesn't get hit all that much. Still with Golovkin, we will see what Proksa's chin is made out of and we'll see if he tweaks his style a bit to compensate for this opponent. From his latest interview, Proksa is fully aware what Golovkin brings to the table and why he's been so avoided.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #112
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

What were punch stats for the Hope fight?

Proksa still needs a trainer to refine what he does. I don't think Lapin is good enough to do the job, especially given Proksas style. Lapin could maybe traing guys like Wlodarczyk, and Szpilka, but Proksa is so unconventional I don't think Lapin is the guy for him.

Proksa allowed Hope to tag him here and there. Not sure if Proksa didn't care as much knowing Hope can't hurt him, and because of that was a bit more reckless or what, but he can't afford to do the same against Golovkin.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #113
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
What were punch stats for the Hope fight?

Proksa still needs a trainer to refine what he does. I don't think Lapin is good enough to do the job, especially given Proksas style. Lapin could maybe traing guys like Wlodarczyk, and Szpilka, but Proksa is so unconventional I don't think Lapin is the guy for him.

Proksa allowed Hope to tag him here and there. Not sure if Proksa didn't care as much knowing Hope can't hurt him, and because of that was a bit more reckless or what, but he can't afford to do the same against Golovkin.
138/381 (36%) for Proksa, 55/248 (22%) for Hope in the rematch
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #114
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
138/381 (36%) for Proksa, 55/248 (22%) for Hope in the rematch
I guess Proksa did avoid most of those shots then. In the highlights it seems like Hope is making contact, but the action is so quick it is hard to tell.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #115
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Quote:
I guess Proksa did avoid most of those shots then. In the highlights it seems like Hope is making contact, but the action is so quick it is hard to tell.
Remember that punchstats is made by two guys pressing some buttons. They can be right or wrong as well.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #116
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy741 View Post

Typical post from you and your obsession with Britain. I don't call honest pro fighters "bums" because they are the foundations that boxing is built on. They are journeymen. They are essential to real talents who have to learn their trade and make errors on the way up. Proksa being an example of someone with ability, but who would have been battered if he was thrown in with a top opponent in his 5th fight, because he is learning the game.

I will use the term bum for a lazy, out of shape fighter who just turns up to get some money, but Hope is just a journeyman. And the fact is that that journeyman who nobody in Britain knew anything about gave Proksa real trouble in the first fight. But Proksa learnt from it and stepped it up in the rematch. That's what journeymen provide for the sport.

Why you think it is some huge achievement to make him "look like a clown" is beyond me. He SHOULD be making that level of opponent look like a clown, he actually shouldn't even be in the position of having rematches with that level of opposition.

Now put him in with a domestic level British fighter like Murray or Billy Joe Saunders and see how he fares.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #117
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Well.. 4 months have passed and I have not seen one single article on Proksa, his plans, nothing. I suppose it takes time to recover from a loss like this, mentally and physically, and he did have basically 2 fights back to back and 4 months isn't THAT long, but there hasn't been a word about this guy who not long ago was getting quite a bit of attention.

Anyone hear anything? The Golovkin loss was a bad one. I felt it was not a good idea to throw Proksa in against him yet, especially on short notice, but I also didn't think he would be outclassed the way he was.

I am starting to lose hope that Proksa will amount to anything more then a Euro belt holder, because I think with the right leadership he is capable of more, but it just doesn't seem to be working out for him..
turbina is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #118
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Well shortly after this post I hear the first piece of news on the guy.

Seems he has renewed training, and there is perhaps an anticipated fight with Darren Barker in his future around the March time-frame.

turbina is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #119
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

Quote:
Well shortly after this post I hear the first piece of news on the guy.

Seems he has renewed training, and there is perhaps an anticipated fight with Darren Barker in his future around the March time-frame.

Hope he at least gets a team going and not doing this last minute bullshit that he is famous for ; /

Even somone like Sosnowski(whos a good friend of his) would be a good person to have in his team / corner.
Honor is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #120
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor View Post
Hope he at least gets a team going and not doing this last minute bullshit that he is famous for ; /

Even somone like Sosnowski(whos a good friend of his) would be a good person to have in his team / corner.
I agree, without at the very least a good trainer, he isn't going anywhere.

Łapin is no good for him, and isn't developing and improving him.
turbina is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum