1 12 42.86%
2 16 57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #16
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Which statement do you agree with more regarding ANDERSON SILVA?

I think Silva's takedown defense is lacking. Weidman looks like he has the tools to beat him, even has a reach advantage over Silva which is rare. Silva is an ATG, but yea I think #1 has much truth in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Fulton View Post
Bisbing had more sucess than Silva stuffing the takedowns
Bisping is one of the best at stuffing takedowns and especially getting back up to his feet after taken down. So hard to keep him down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Nop, but I know you got a dick in your ass
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #17
lefthook89
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Munny View Post
He's fought one "strong" wrestler in his entire career and didn't look good. Hendo hasn't used his wrestling in over 10 years and got blanketed by Shields. I hardly think you could consider him a high level wrestler anymore. Okami is garbage compared to his American counterparts.

It's no accident the two best wrestlers in the division, that both have good sub defense, just fought each other. Gotta try and cut down on the chances that Anderson loses.

I'm not even blaming ANderson for ducking wrestlers, there just haven't been very many good ones at MW. Now there are, Weidman UD.
so to make a long story short you discredit fighters with world renowned wrestling credentials when they face silva then get destroyed, then move on to the next hyped up, world class, wrestling elite "silva destroyer" (weidman), lather, rinse and repeat. gotchya
lefthook89 is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #18
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook89 View Post
so to make a long story short you discredit fighters with world renowned wrestling credentials when they face silva then get destroyed, then move on to the next hyped up, world class, wrestling elite "silva destroyer" (weidman), lather, rinse and repeat. gotchya
That's Will alright
Old 07-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #19
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

He's most vulnerable in the early rounds and that's when you need to finish him. But that's a tall order because he does have good GNP defense. It takes a rd or two for Silva to time and measure his opponent. Once he figures you out then it doesn't matter what you do. He'll find a way to submit you on the ground or get the KO, assuming he's healthy and you're not on PEDs.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #20
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

i dont think its so much his "weakness" as it is that hes just not all that worried if you take him down. silvas biggest assett in my opinion is his composure. hes shown it time and again and its dug him out of some massive holes. i feel like hes thinking if he gets taken down so what? he knows its a matter of time till he rides out the storm, gets back to his feet and knocks you out.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2012, 05:47 AM   #21
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
i dont think its so much his "weakness" as it is that hes just not all that worried if you take him down. silvas biggest assett in my opinion is his composure. hes shown it time and again and its dug him out of some massive holes. i feel like hes thinking if he gets taken down so what? he knows its a matter of time till he rides out the storm, gets back to his feet and knocks you out.
This
Old 07-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #22
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Silva's TDD is terrible, it is what it is. He is very fortunate there isn't someone like a Jones or a GSP in his weight class.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #23
Travis Fulton
The Ironman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
He's most vulnerable in the early rounds and that's when you need to finish him. But that's a tall order because he does have good GNP defense. It takes a rd or two for Silva to time and measure his opponent. Once he figures you out then it doesn't matter what you do. He'll find a way to submit you on the ground or get the KO, assuming he's healthy and you're not on PEDs.
Maia - Letes
anyone ?
Travis Fulton is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #24
Will Munny
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Silva's TDD is terrible, it is what it is. He is very fortunate there isn't someone like a Jones or a GSP in his weight class.
Exactly
Will Munny is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #25
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

There`s a lot of truth in each but number 2 is more true.... I disagreed with the word MASSIVE in statement number 1.

Anderson should not need to fear anyone, wrestlers included... but if he is to lose then it will likely be by being outwrestled as he is the best technical striker in MMA with a solid chin & his BJJ is extremely good, especially defensively aka his guard.

I personally would LOVE Silva to try cut thru the elite LHWs before retirement, Hendo rematch, Shogun, Jones... that is hardon material for MMA fans.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #26
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

16 people are blinded by his greatness. He is definitely the best ever but the first statement isn't hating or making out he is a complete bum but its a weakness that cannot be overlooked.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #27
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Sonnen is as good a takedown-and-top-control fighter at middleweight as Jones is at lhw or GSP is at ww. Obviously Jones's GnP is in a different dimension to Sonnen's, but people here are talking about Silva getting ground out and UD'd by a wrestler, and Sonnen is as good as Jones and GSP in that regard, and Silva beat him twice. Sonnen's double-leg TD is as good as the TD's of Jones or GSP. It was Sonnen's wrestling that won him the fight vs Bisping, and saw him dominate the shit out of bona fide top contenders like Marquardt, Okami and Stann. You cannot say there is no super-wrestler in Silva's class, because despite Chael's failings in other areas, he is that good in the grappling department, and Silva has beat him. Twice. And finished him twice. As well as finishing Hendo as well. He has beaten great wrestlers in his weight class, that can't be denied.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #28
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
I personally would LOVE Silva to try cut thru the elite LHWs before retirement, Hendo rematch, Shogun, Jones... that is hardon material for MMA fans.
Me too, but I don't expect it to happen. 185 is stacked just now, Silva is 38, he wants to extend his title reign, he is best friends with Machida, and he and Jones don't want to fight each other. Rematches with Hendo and Belfort at 185, maybe fights with Rashad and GSP, some title defences vs Weidman or Lombard or Bisping, there's plenty ahead of him at mw if he doesn't want to retire for a few years.
Kittikasem is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum