Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #16
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

I picked Vitalo by tko in 11th. Actually put 200$ on the fight to go over 9 rounds. I would however pick Proksa over GGG...but i would need to know the venue, fight date, who will be in Proksas corner, weigh in etc...
Honor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

I hope this fight will NOT happen at this stage.

I am also happy that Golo Pirog did NOT happen either.
Dont get me wrong I love top guys fighting against each other but both Golo and Pirog are promising fighters and this fight would not have given either man any recognition at World wide.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #18
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post

Dont get me wrong I love top guys fighting against each other but both Golo and Pirog are promising fighters and this fight would not have given either man any recognition at World wide.
so who should GGG face? it's getting harder to find him a decent opponent by the day I also think it's a mistake for Super G to step in on such short notice against a guy with awesome KO power...

Golovkin can forget about fighting Sturm, Geale, Chavez, Martinez or any of the other top MW's for the time being if it keeps going this way for him
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #19
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Save for the short notice, I like this fight better than the Barker fight, cause the odds would be stacked against Proksa fighting in England against a marquee Matchroom fighter like Barker. Frankly, if Proksa feels the short notice is not an issue, and there were some concerns about his injured hand following last match plus over training which he cited in the first Hope fight, he should take the opportunity because Proksa has had too few of them (either being injured, badly managed or avoided) and his career has been stalled as a result. If he impresses against Golovkin, even in a losing effort, his stock and audience go way up.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #20
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
It was a perfectly cogent comparison. Ordinarily your posts are great but in that instance you were one of the ones adamantly claiming Adamek was going to beat Vitaly . Now you are apparently going off the deep end again with Proska over Golovkin. Giving my initial post credence.
No, its a perfectly stupid comparison. Vitali is a proven winner at the top level, whereas Golovkin hasn't beaten anyone worth mentioning. You simply have hopes for him based on his fights versus much lesser competition, just like Proksa's fans thought he was invincible until he made dumb mistakes and couldn't handle some pressure with an injury. Things always look good on the blueprint until your hit with a quality opponent you've never dealt with before and Proksa would easily be Golovkin's best opponent to date, both in terms of talent and resume.

For the record, I never stated Adamek would win against Vitali. I said if Adamek does certain things he may have a chance of winning. There's a huge difference between those two statements.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #21
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post

They're getting an HBO audience so they will get the recognition. I think by this stage any fan worth their salt knows an undefeated record is in most cases over rated.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #22
gregy741
Contender
ESB Senior Member

it looks like this fight is confirmed and most likely will happen.
from proksas official site,he said he has started training for this fight already:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
gregy741 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #23
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy741 View Post
it looks like this fight is confirmed and most likely will happen.
from proksas official site,he said he has started training for this fight already:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The Ring is also reporting that Proksa is more likely to get this fight over Martirosyan. Apparently, the only thing that remains is for both fighters to sign the papers. I love it, both hungry fighters, under exposed in the US and in their primes, getting it on as a main event, on HBO. There can only be one winner - the fan!
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #24
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

This type of fight should not be happening under short notice for Proksa. That is pretty much the main thing I see wrong with this.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 01:37 AM   #25
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
This type of fight should not be happening under short notice for Proksa. That is pretty much the main thing I see wrong with this.
Proksa is his own man and he is financially secure, being a Chairman of a small bank Board. If he didn't think this was right imo he would say so and take the Barker fight instead which is apparently waiting for him as well.So he has options. IMHO from the Hope experience, Proksa knows well that the Barker fight would be stacked against him in the UK and he wants to fight on more neutral ground and in front of a bigger audience. The fight with Golovkin gives him that. Again, the short notice is OK if Proksa feels it is and in certain circumstances, short notices are actually beneficial to a fighter at the top of his game. And let's be honest, 1 month is not that short assuming a fighter is physically and mentally healthy. All in all, I would give huge props for Proksa for taking on such a dangerous opponent on such short notice and Golovkin too, for not shying away from the challenge.

Last edited by lzolnier; 07-20-2012 at 01:50 AM.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #26
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Well the fight's just been moved back by one week, so that'll help Proksa a bit. But BOOM! This is going to be a fun one!
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #27
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Proksa is his own man and he is financially secure, being a Chairman of a small bank Board. If he didn't think this was right imo he would say so and take the Barker fight instead which is apparently waiting for him as well.So he has options. IMHO from the Hope experience, Proksa knows well that the Barker fight would be stacked against him in the UK and he wants to fight on more neutral ground and in front of a bigger audience. The fight with Golovkin gives him that. Again, the short notice is OK if Proksa feels it is and in certain circumstances, short notices are actually beneficial to a fighter at the top of his game. And let's be honest, 1 month is not that short assuming a fighter is physically and mentally healthy. All in all, I would give huge props for Proksa for taking on such a dangerous opponent on such short notice and Golovkin too, for not shying away from the challenge.
No doubt respect is due for Proksa for taking such a risky fight. He is a fighter who has shown that he is not afraid to step up, and is hungry.

As far as Proksa being his own man, and him feeling if he is ready or not. In an interview with him he said that the time frame is not ideal, and that ideally, 3-4 months would be needed to prepare properly and 100% for a fight like this. But that he realizes the opportunity, and that he realizes that a fight of this stature could take him 2 years to get again, given the way his career is moving.

Reasons that make it seem he is more impatient then prepared and confident that he can be 100% for this fight. He may be in shape physically since he just had a fight, but I bet that is only a part of his training regime.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #28
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

it's official, 1 September in New York, Proksa-Golovkin for the WBA MW belt
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #29
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

He's gonna end up in a wheelchair but damn, this is not a bad fight at all. Glad they found a somewhat decent substitute for Pirog.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #30
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Excellent fight.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum