Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham/Leeds/azad kashmir(Mirpur)
Posts: 2,695
vCash: 75
Default Amir khan and political correctness

Now i'm getting an awful amount of hate for calling a spade a spade. Whenever any leading fighter in the UK openly criticizes khan. And the crtisim is legitimate there called racists. Theres so much sensitivity around the issue its quite pathetic. When david have a man of Jamican heritage lost to Wladamir the whole nation laughed at him and called him a fool. Lets not pretend khan hasn't done his fair share of talking. Each time khan speaks to the media every second sentence is about a potential mayweather fight. I Think the media need to stop making excuses whenever khan looses. The boxing pundits in particular need to be frank and need to come out and well and truly shit on him. The reason why i feel fighters like carl froch are holding back from openly critsizing khan, is the backlash that may result from such comments, people who are near and dear to Mr Khan. May misinterpret such statements as racism, and by knocking a popular fighter/media darling you create yourself as a bad guy i suppose.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,971
vCash: 238
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

Cool story bro.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
WhamBam
Keeping Cool
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

wtf?
WhamBam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
trakam
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 981
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

Racist
trakam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
finndogg
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

its true mate. Mr PPV superstar just gets on everyones tits for being a stupid cunt that and the fact he is being an protected hype job. Nothing to do with race. its the racist **** mob with chips on their shoulders that shout racist cause their boy took a hell of a beating off a B level fighter. You hear me Laz a hell of a beating Saj, Shah, Haroon, AsifVali your boy took one hell of a beating.
finndogg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by finndogg View Post
its true mate. Mr PPV superstar just gets on everyones tits for being a stupid cunt that and the fact he is being an protected hype job. Nothing to do with race. its the racist **** mob with chips on their shoulders that shout racist cause their boy took a hell of a beating off a B level fighter. You hear me Laz a hell of a beating Saj, Shah, Haroon, AsifVali your boy took one hell of a beating.


Some of you lot are having time of your life this week. I'd love to of seen the moment Khan went down the reaction of you lot .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
Knack
..
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 161
vCash: 706
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

I have Asian friends who can't stand him and have used words about him that if I were to have used I would be brandished as a racist.

If he were white, black or mixed race he'd get much more stick than he does from the media but he doesn't and the only people who are criticising him based on his delusions of grandeur (amongst other things) are those who aren't particularly bothered about being called racist.

I don't believe racism is the primarily motivating factor for most people, it may be for some but there's always a small number of people who have racial prejudice.
Knack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
RNS
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post


Some of you lot are having time of your life this week. I'd love to of seen the moment Khan went down the reaction of you lot .

RNS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

What a quagmire this thread title is.

Last edited by boranbkk; 07-20-2012 at 08:06 PM.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
mani0
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,028
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
Now i'm getting an awful amount of hate for calling a spade a spade. Whenever any leading fighter in the UK openly criticizes khan. And the crtisim is legitimate there called racists. Theres so much sensitivity around the issue its quite pathetic. When david have a man of Jamican heritage lost to Wladamir the whole nation laughed at him and called him a fool. Lets not pretend khan hasn't done his fair share of talking. Each time khan speaks to the media every second sentence is about a potential mayweather fight. I Think the media need to stop making excuses whenever khan looses. The boxing pundits in particular need to be frank and need to come out and well and truly shit on him. The reason why i feel fighters like carl froch are holding back from openly critsizing khan, is the backlash that may result from such comments, people who are near and dear to Mr Khan. May misinterpret such statements as racism, and by knocking a popular fighter/media darling you create yourself as a bad guy i suppose.
His mother is White.
mani0 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

I once saw Amir Khan beating a white policeman on TV
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #12
namsu55
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 785
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

Who the hell brings up race. I don't think he's got a boxing IQ, think he'll just get stopped again by someone who has power and technical variety. The race thing is long gone mate. Don't know why you compare him to David Haye. Haye trash talked his way to the fight and it ended being boring from his side. Khan barely done any trash talking and fought with heart after getting knocked down. Big difference.
namsu55 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:52 AM   #13
finndogg
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

It's the gatwick mob that bring up race
finndogg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #14
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

Not this tosh again
Phill-Mitchell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #15
finndogg
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir khan and political correctness

Amir stinks like a saag aloo.
finndogg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013