Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default I think Stann is going to KO Bisping at 152

Call it a hunch. Think Stann will end up smashing him.

Thoughts?
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: I think Stann is going to KO Bisping at 152

Reasonable pick, I can see this happening....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

I hope not.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

I can see it happening but Stann will have to fight smart Bisping will be doing his usual routine thing its a hard thing to break. Would this be a decent fight for Bisping to go to ground? Highly unlikely but Stann didn't look up too much once Sonnen got him down.

Last edited by LHL; 07-19-2012 at 09:38 PM.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

I think Bisping can get a points win, he will stick to a hit and run game.....
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Stann is pretty weak on the ground, and Bisping is no slouch at taking guys down with control and good damage. This plays right into Stann's weakness.

If Stann can fight off the takedowns, I expect it will be a short night. Semper Fi!
Koa is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I kinda doubt it. Stann hits hard and is a tough guy, but I don't see him catching Bisping long enough or often enough to win. Bisping is pretty good with game plans and pecking out wins, so I'm picking him to get the ud.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Bisping needs to use his kicks to maintain range, his takedowns, his jits etc

Bisping may be a kick boxer but Stann has serious power in those hands.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
I kinda doubt it. Stann hits hard and is a tough guy, but I don't see him catching Bisping long enough or often enough to win. Bisping is pretty good with game plans and pecking out wins, so I'm picking him to get the ud.
Bisping has NEVER beaten anyone as good as Stann, so how do we know his 'gameplans' will work against a guy as good as Stann?

IMO, the best fighter Bisping has ever beaten was Matt Hamill, and that was years ago in a different weight class - plus Hamill beat him anyway really. And Hamill was not a significantly better fighter than Stann, no way.

The best middleweight Bisping has ever beaten was Leben, and Stann annihilated Leben much quicker and easier than MB beat him.

Brian Stann is not a turd like Mayhem or Rivera or Akiyama or Dan Miller or past-prime Kang.

If Bisping does what he always does and stands up, he's getting knocked out by the first legit top 5-calibre middleweight he has faced since Hendo humiliated him.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #10
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Bisping has NEVER beaten anyone as good as Stann, so how do we know his 'gameplans' will work against a guy as good as Stann?

IMO, the best fighter Bisping has ever beaten was Matt Hamill, and that was years ago in a different weight class - plus Hamill beat him anyway really. And Hamill was not a significantly better fighter than Stann, no way.

The best middleweight Bisping has ever beaten was Leben, and Stann annihilated Leben much quicker and easier than MB beat him.

Brian Stann is not a turd like Mayhem or Rivera or Akiyama or Dan Miller or past-prime Kang.

If Bisping does what he always does and stands up, he's getting knocked out by the first legit top 5-calibre middleweight he has faced since Hendo humiliated him.
Bisping's loss to Evans is much bigger accomplishment than anything Stann has done, and Bisping hasn't lost to anyone like Steve Cantwell or Kristof Sosznski. Also, Bisping's last showing against Sonnen, which i think he won, is a bigger accomplishment than anything Stann has done. I'll be rooting for Stann because I like his style better than Bisping's, but I don't see it happening. You seem to really hate Bisping, so take my advice and don't bet on his fights. Only bet when you can consider things clearly.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #11
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Yeah I thought Bisping beat Sonnen, so in terms of a common opponent Bisping edged Chael while Stann was tooled by him.

But that doesn't mean much, considering that Chael's greatest strength plays right into Stann's greatest weakness. Bisping's TDD and ground game is much better, which worked for him (to an extent) against Sonnen. But Bisping likes to stand more, which will play right into Stann's hands because that's where his strengths are.

Interesting fight anyway. Good win for Stann however he can do it, solid win for Bisping if he looks good.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #12
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
Bisping's loss to Evans is much bigger accomplishment than anything Stann has done, and Bisping hasn't lost to anyone like Steve Cantwell or Kristof Sosznski. Also, Bisping's last showing against Sonnen, which i think he won, is a bigger accomplishment than anything Stann has done. I'll be rooting for Stann because I like his style better than Bisping's, but I don't see it happening. You seem to really hate Bisping, so take my advice and don't bet on his fights. Only bet when you can consider things clearly.
Yes, I think Bisping is going to lose a fight so therefore I HATE him! That's another 12 year old put on my ignore list.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Yeah I thought Bisping beat Sonnen, so in terms of a common opponent Bisping edged Chael while Stann was tooled by him.

But that doesn't mean much, considering that Chael's greatest strength plays right into Stann's greatest weakness. Bisping's TDD and ground game is much better, which worked for him (to an extent) against Sonnen. But Bisping likes to stand more, which will play right into Stann's hands because that's where his strengths are.

Interesting fight anyway. Good win for Stann however he can do it, solid win for Bisping if he looks good.

I don't really understand this nonsense about the closeness of the Bisping and Sonnen fight. Sonnen clearly won rounds 1 and 3. Where's the dubiety here??? It was a competitive but clear 2-1 win for Sonnen all day long. I'd like to see a rematch because it was close and exciting, but the outcome was clear-cut.

And this issue doesn't mean much in this fight. Bisping did better vs (non-roided) Sonnen than Stann did against (roided) Sonnen because he has better TDD and defensive grappling/ground-game than Stann. How is that going to help him here exactly? Stann isn't going to be going for takedowns and top control at all, and neither is Bisping, so that aspect of the game is irrelevant.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Yes, I think Bisping is going to lose a fight so therefore I HATE him! That's another 12 year old put on my ignore list.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #15
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Stanns chin seems to hold up alright but Bisping can maybe win this by using his hit n run tactics like he did against Hendo he was winning that fight until he got hit real hard by Hendos bomb
greathamza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum