Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 544
Default British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Father's comments are an absolute disgrace IMO.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,189
vCash: 2775
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

this guy gets seven years rightly so, but the copper gets off with killing some one with his baton, once again double ****ing standards the country is ****ed inside out
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Dickens
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

They need to change the name on that headline smartish.
Dickens is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Tommy Bannister
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickens View Post
They need to change the name on that headline smartish.
I can see Clifton speaking too a brief very soon over this for sure.
Papers reporting complete rubbish should be brought to account
Tommy Bannister is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
avo
I Got Milk Baby!!!
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Leicester
Posts: 486
vCash: 75
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

ive met tye a couple of times was a nice kid
avo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
jonny
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 205
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Big head boxer, went back to finish the job off, after hitting the kid b4, 2nd time he will have knocked the kid out b4 he hit the path. i would have gave him 10 years. he killed the kid + his family's hearts.
jonny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
avo
I Got Milk Baby!!!
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Leicester
Posts: 486
vCash: 75
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
Big head boxer, went back to finish the job off, after hitting the kid b4, 2nd time he will have knocked the kid out b4 he hit the path. i would have gave him 10 years. he killed the kid + his family's hearts.
didn't go down like that
avo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,338
vCash: 75
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Seven years is about right IMHO.

By the sounds of it there wasn't any need to crack him twice, especially having decked him the first time and teaching him a lesson.

What's annoying is that other instances of manslaughter end up with the perpetrator getting little more than a slap on the wrist, when in all honesty they ought to be up on a murder charge.

Given that the lad was involved in two incidents he's perhaps fortunate that he wasn't up on one himself.

What REALLY pisses me off is when people who cause death by dangerous driving or death due to driving whilst drunk/drugged get next to nothing. Drink drive killers should be executed. There's absolutely no excuse for driving whilst pissed. None.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #9
avo
I Got Milk Baby!!!
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Leicester
Posts: 486
vCash: 75
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Seven years is about right IMHO.

By the sounds of it there wasn't any need to crack him twice, especially having decked him the first time and teaching him a lesson.

What's annoying is that other instances of manslaughter end up with the perpetrator getting little more than a slap on the wrist, when in all honesty they ought to be up on a murder charge.

Given that the lad was involved in two incidents he's perhaps fortunate that he wasn't up on one himself.

What REALLY pisses me off is when people who cause death by dangerous driving or death due to driving whilst drunk/drugged get next to nothing. Drink drive killers should be executed. There's absolutely no excuse for driving whilst pissed. None.
the other guy started it and after the first punch thought it had ended and apparently tye walked off and the other guy followed him still giving him shit so he hit him again.
avo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,338
vCash: 75
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Erm... in that case I'd still have charged him.

You could say the lad was unwise to basically ask for more, but Mitchell should have exercised a bit of restraint.

It depends on the lad's character, if I'd decked someone easily and they came back I'd just laugh, especially if I was team handed.

It's obviously unfortunate that the lad died after being hit only a couple of times, but as a professional fighter he ought to be aware that he punches much harder than your typical drunk swinging whilst trying to keep ahold of his kebab at the same time.

Seven years might be a bit harsh on reflection, but it was definitely right to send him down for a decent stretch. IMHO of course.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ,burnleylancashire
Posts: 2,878
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avo View Post
the other guy started it and after the first punch thought it had ended and apparently tye walked off and the other guy followed him still giving him shit so he hit him again.
if this is true then the sentence bit harsh,its unfortunate that he died,but he obviously didnt mean for him to die,shame.
widdy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #12
avo
I Got Milk Baby!!!
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Leicester
Posts: 486
vCash: 75
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Erm... in that case I'd still have charged him.

You could say the lad was unwise to basically ask for more, but Mitchell should have exercised a bit of restraint.

It depends on the lad's character, if I'd decked someone easily and they came back I'd just laugh, especially if I was team handed.

It's obviously unfortunate that the lad died after being hit only a couple of times, but as a professional fighter he ought to be aware that he punches much harder than your typical drunk swinging whilst trying to keep ahold of his kebab at the same time.

Seven years might be a bit harsh on reflection, but it was definitely right to send him down for a decent stretch. IMHO of course.
yeah i'm not saying he should be set free and don't really know the situation and it was the guy hitting his head on the concrete that caused the trauma but it's not like he was being ****y or anything showing off it's just a tragedy for both familys and these things happen.
avo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #13
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Cases like this are tough to analyse correctly.

Scraps happen on nights out when the beer has been flowing, that's just a fact. If he really meant to cause this lad a great deal of physical harm then he would have carried on beating him up after he'd floored him the first time. If the 'victim' appraoched him a second time knowing exactly what would happen, then more fool him. He'd already been punched and floored once, he must have known what would happen. Did he deserve what happened? Absolutely not, no, but i highly, highly doubt that Tye meant to kill or even seriously harm the man in question.

It's just a punch-up on a night out gone wrong. I bet 90% of ESB have had a drunken scrap on a night out and if one of you hit someone who then whacked their head on the curb and died, would you deserve 7 years in prison? Not imo, no. You'd certainly feel like you've been harshly treated, that's for sure. Conversely, a young man has died and his family would probably want the person they believe responsible for their loss to pay for his actions. It's a tough one.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gay St Pierre
Posts: 8,187
vCash: 75
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avo View Post
the other guy started it and after the first punch thought it had ended and apparently tye walked off and the other guy followed him still giving him shit so he hit him again.
dont believe that one bit, if that was the case then he would of got off for self defence
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #15
RoughD
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 731
vCash: 1807
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

very harsh
7 years for punching someone? that happens multiple times on a night out up town
RoughD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013