Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #31
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kraków
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 465
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Who is everyone picking for this?


I have to say I am not confident Proksa will walk away with the W here. This is by far his toughest opponent to date.

But at the same time, the same thing could be said for Golovkin. People talk of him like he is invincible, but he also has not really been tested yet.

Golovkin is a very technical and traditional fighter with a big punch. Proksas unorthodox and unconventional style is almost opposite of Golovkins, hopefully he can fluster him with this. It will be a great fight.

Last edited by turbina; 07-21-2012 at 02:07 PM.
turbina is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Polska Siła!!!
Posts: 8,819
vCash: 75
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Who is everyone picking for this?


I have to say I am not confident Proksa will walk away with the W here. This is by far his toughest opponent to date.

But at the same time, the same thing could be said for Golovkin. People talk of him like he is invincible, but he also has not really been tested yet.

Golovkin is a very technical and traditional fighter with a big punch. Proksas unorthodox and unconventional style is almost opposite of Golovkins, hopefully he can fluster him with this. It will be a great fight.
styles make fights

Proksa will get some exposure in the US, which hopefully will give him bigger fights, regardless whether he loses or wins

I'm not too confident he will win, because taking a fight like this on such short notice against a puncher like Golovkin is pretty risky
damian38 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #33
KingArthur
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
styles make fights

Proksa will get some exposure in the US, which hopefully will give him bigger fights, regardless whether he loses or wins

I'm not too confident he will win, because taking a fight like this on such short notice against a puncher like Golovkin is pretty risky
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
KingArthur is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #34
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

good fight.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #35
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,593
vCash: 75
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
Golovkin has a far superior amateur pedigree and has seen more styles as a pro as well, with his training and sparring on the west coast of the U.S.. He is better trained and more technically grounded not to mention stronger.

Respect to Proska for taking this fight but he is in deep and will get beaten up over several rounds or stopped suddenly.
You're too confident. While Golovkin is more seasoned, more text book and maybe more powerful, Proksa is faster and nothing like GGG has ever seen in his life before. I'm fairly certain the Proksa who humiliated Sylvester and drubbed Hope in their rematch will give Golovkin fits.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #36
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: S.F Bay Area by way of Bytom Polska
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 197
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
Golovkin has a far superior amateur pedigree and has seen more styles as a pro as well, with his training and sparring on the west coast of the U.S.. He is better trained and more technically grounded not to mention stronger.

Respect to Proska for taking this fight but he is in deep and will get beaten up over several rounds or stopped suddenly.
Proksa cant match Golovkins amateur pedigree but he no was no slouch himself in only losing 10 fights with around 120 wins.

Cant disagree with training and sparring..Proksa has had issues with injured hands long layoffs and a constant rotation of trainers not to mention he trained himself for a couple of fights.

I watched some Golovkin footage last night and he is very good but also not untouchable. He really has no defense and squares up alot. He does however put good hard punches together, looks to be tough as hell and never stops coming forward.

Proksa has beat no one of real note but the same could be said for Golovkin. Infact his record does not stand out and his title fight and defenses have been against average at best opponents. Ouma gave GGG a hard fight and he was a good but weathered fighter at that point. Maybe the southpaw stance helped.

Taking all into consideration i think Proksa is a very LIVE underdog in this fight.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #37
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,883
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Very excited about this fight. Does anyone know if this will be in NY or NJ?
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #38
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Polska Siła!!!
Posts: 8,819
vCash: 75
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
Very excited about this fight. Does anyone know if this will be in NY or NJ?
I believe it's in NY, not sure where though
damian38 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #39
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
Posts: 9,538
vCash: 163
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Seeing as it was supposed to be Pirog-Golovkin, and Proksa looked terrible in Hope 1, I really don't care for this fight. Mid rounds TKO for Gennedy.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #40
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Seeing as it was supposed to be Pirog-Golovkin, and Proksa looked terrible in Hope 1, I really don't care for this fight. Mid rounds TKO for Gennedy.
try watching the rematch
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #41
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 852
vCash: 720
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
try watching the rematch
pat19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #42
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 852
vCash: 720
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

Damn, on september 1st... I'd definitely fly to NY for this fight but I'm actually going to be in Poland during this. I'll be watching in the morning
pat19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:44 AM   #43
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Polska Siła!!!
Posts: 8,819
vCash: 75
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

to quote Golovkin: " Quillin, Murray and Barker didn't accept an offer to step in for Pirog. They were all scared, but they know very well that the would get knocked out. Proksa showed he is a real warrior. He deserves respect, but it won't protect him from my fists. He'll also end up on the canvas"
damian38 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #44
stanislove12
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Winnipeg... white whit north
Posts: 409
vCash: 387
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

i have major respect for both fighters... i favor GGG but i really do like Proska
stanislove12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #45
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,883
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Proksa to step in to fight Golovkin?

I'll be interested to see if Proksa will be fighting Golovkin with his hands down. There wasn't much wind up on the hook that took out Simon.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013